• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth for Brawl thread (Fire Emblem DS = FE1 remake)

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Holy Fukkin Muffin

The metrosexual Punisher will be back with anger!!! .

This news are too sweet to be true. His chances have rocketed sky high now!!!!.

Take that Marth haters!!!!! YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Meterosexual? Have you actually played FE1/3?

Never! but that is the impression he gives in Melee!. So im judging him by that.

I suppouse he is like a righteous prince saving his town and avenging his sister but who cares..

In the end the Tipper is da sheeet!

NukeA6

Smash Master
Well since Sigurd is deconfirmed, Marth and Micaiah must replace him. I know Marth is coming back because Ike has his own moves (for the most part).

Aether_Lord

Smash Apprentice
those graphics seem a little....bad to be on the DS.
Umm its still the prototype of the game. you cant really judge the graphics till the final release is out >_> no real offense or nothing just saying. But that being said and done. Its the remake of FE one Sons. But that really does heighten his rate of getting in brawl.

Shuma

Smash Hero
One Question just ocurred to me, hypoteticaly speaking, if Marth was not intended to be in the game, wouldn't it be too late to add him? Remember the Ganondorf incident.

Okysho

Smash Ace
as if! they could just use the SSBM version.. .I don't think fans would mind THAT much... honestly, they could add Marth without re-doing any of the artwork or re-programming and I'd still use him as my #1 character

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
as if! they could just use the SSBM version.. .I don't think fans would mind THAT much... honestly, they could add Marth without re-doing any of the artwork or re-programming and I'd still use him as my #1 character
Marth was pretty much cheap in Melee...

Excellent range due to a disjointed hitbox [his sword]
Fast running speed
High priority attacks
Very good combos against both fastfallers and floaties
Long wavedash
Excellent at edgeguarding
Great dashdance
Great SHFFL
All his tilts are useful and have long range
Has the best non-extended grab in the game
Has a chaingrab on Spacies
Can string many utilts on certain chars (especially if they waste their jump)
Practically all of his attacks and grabs combo into each other.
Arguably the best edgeguarder in the game; able to kill most characters from 0% by a throw off the stage followed by a falling fair.

Yeah..

Okysho

Smash Ace
Marth was pretty much cheap in Melee...

Excellent range due to a disjointed hitbox [his sword]
Fast running speed
High priority attacks
Very good combos against both fastfallers and floaties
Long wavedash
Excellent at edgeguarding
Great dashdance
Great SHFFL
All his tilts are useful and have long range
Has the best non-extended grab in the game
Has a chaingrab on Spacies
Can string many utilts on certain chars (especially if they waste their jump)
Practically all of his attacks and grabs combo into each other.
Arguably the best edgeguarder in the game; able to kill most characters from 0% by a throw off the stage followed by a falling fair.

Yeah..
What does that prove? That people use him more because he's a better character?

Yeah i know! but there's more than one way to use him....

Also, what do you mean, he's got the best non-extended grab in Melee? Mewtwo and Zelda's grabs do muuuuch more damage than Marth's... in my opinion, his grab is near useless

axemangx

Smash Champion
What does that prove? That people use him more because he's a better character?

Yeah i know! but there's more than one way to use him....

Also, what do you mean, he's got the best non-extended grab in Melee? Mewtwo and Zelda's grabs do muuuuch more damage than Marth's... in my opinion, his grab is near useless

Grabs arent about damage. Last time I checked, their about combo-ability.

All I'm saying is, I just want his range toned down with the sword swipes, because its cheap as hell.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Grabs arent about damage. Last time I checked, their about combo-ability.

All I'm saying is, I just want his range toned down with the sword swipes, because its cheap as hell.
I'd rather not get into an argument about this, but yes, Marth's sword may be long, but the range of damage you can do with it is considerable wide. rangin from 20-5 with a side smash.

This of course as you MUST know is because of the area on which you hit with Marth's sword. Making it THAT much harder to use him. Timing is key!

axemangx

Smash Champion
I'd rather not get into an argument about this, but yes, Marth's sword may be long, but the range of damage you can do with it is considerable wide. rangin from 20-5 with a side smash.

This of course as you MUST know is because of the area on which you hit with Marth's sword. Making it THAT much harder to use him. Timing is key!
Marth is strong, timing or not. I've seen many of my friends use him poorly, but still beat me.
Only cause they know what combos to do. They dont time them. Just combo em. Throw whatever they think of at the second.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Well since Sigurd is deconfirmed, Marth and Micaiah must replace him.QUOTE]

No offense, but when in the bloody hell was sigurd decomfirmed? And dont give me that "ike's recoler looks like sigurd" crap. Was sigurd shown as a trophy or something? :dizzy:

Okysho

Smash Ace
Well since Sigurd is deconfirmed, Marth and Micaiah must replace him.QUOTE]

No offense, but when in the bloody hell was sigurd decomfirmed? And dont give me that "ike's recoler looks like sigurd" crap. Was sigurd shown as a trophy or something? :dizzy:
Ike's recolour was immediatly considered Sigrud De-confirmed. Personally, I've never seen Sigrud, I"ve ben more into FE3, but I wouldn't have a problem if Sigrud was in. That Ike costume thing is a load of crap

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
If Marth is indeed in the game, he will undoubtedly be worse than he was in Melee. Everyone played as him.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure the Remake will be FE3-Because, if I have my facts right, FE1 was basically Book 1, and FE3 is Book 2 in the special pack for the NES. That's my reasoning anyway.

Zevox

Smash Lord
You mean aside from his outfit and moveset right?
Not to mention weight, speed, jumping ability, and power...

Really, I can't think of any way they'd be similar, outside of the fact that both use swords.

Zevox

Zevox

Smash Lord
Actually, if Marth is the first king, wouldnt it make sense to put it as the symbol, because its the FIRST KINGS sword, and probally inspired other kings... so.. that could work.
You're not very familiar with the series, are you? Marth was the first Lord of the series (not King - he was actually only Prince during the events of his games), thats true, but almost all of the games occurs in a different world. The only two games with different characters but set in the same world were Sword of Seals and Blazing Sword, with the latter being a prequel to the former. Marth can't inspire the others, because none know he exists, since where they are, he doesn't.

Zevox

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Marth and ike seem to have some moves in common,, but nothing like the roy/marth example... wheere roy was a cpy of marth with diff physics.

Ike use some magic..marth doesnt.

bah ill not mention more.. they are very different!

Okysho

Smash Ace
Not to mention weight, speed, jumping ability, and power...

Really, I can't think of any way they'd be similar, outside of the fact that both use swords.

Zevox
Actually, you'd be suprised as to how different they actually are in smash bros. Not only is Marth faster, but look at the type of swords they use too. The Falchion is much slimmer and swifter than ragnell, which is supposed to be a (scuse the harsh language) barbaric two handed sword. Also, Marth is a Prince and Ike is a common merc.... but should social classes really matter?

lyonartime333

Smash Rookie
west virginia(the state not western virginia)
remember: that's a barbaric two handed sword blessed by the goddess! i hope Marth is back, thanks to him, i got introduced to FE, and now the FE series are my favorite games. (i mained him of course) my hope is that they make Marth faster but slightly less powerful, add the Black Knight as a super heavy, and let Ike fall somewhere in between.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I kinda hope Marth is back. He's my main, but I won't really care if he is cut, because there is so much more to choose from.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I can't wait to see Marth's Final Flash. I predict it will be like Squall's Blasting Zone (it's where he holds his gunblade in the air and it shoots a beam into space. After that, he brings it down on the opponent. It's one of best looking attacks in Final Fantasy)

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I can't wait to see Marth's Final Flash. I predict it will be like Squall's Blasting Zone (it's where he holds his gunblade in the air and it shoots a beam into space. After that, he brings it down on the opponent. It's one of best looking attacks in Final Fantasy)
More than likely, Marth's Final Smash will be based off of FE3, I wish I could add more, but I was unable to finish FE3 due to the boring storyline.

Perhaps he'll summon Jeigain(sp?) then he'll proceed to gallop across the stage and OHKO people ^_^

-Knight

Top Bottom