• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth has 2 Spikes

BestSmasherAlive

Smash Rookie
Dancing Blade forward forward down. You'll know if you did it right if he turned blue and his sword is basically touching the floor. If this isn't a spike its the fastest meteor smash in the game. And if used at the right time and his sword touches the edge it will spike them down before they grab the edge which can be easily done.

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
it's a meteor smash and not often used in competitive play b/c of its long set up and low mobility/adaptability

BestSmasherAlive

Smash Rookie
I can barely wavedash and I mastered it. I know that this can be very useful for people with predictible recoveries like Captain falcon and Mario, but eh they know more then me

okiyama

Smash Ace
Well yes, you can hit it, but in any situation where you can hit with the dancing baldes meteor it's easier just to hit with the Dair plus, teh Dair can't be canceled.

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
i wrote this before i saw okiyama's post.

marth's forward b (aka dancing blade) potentially has 4 parts (w/ 2 variations on the 2nd part and 3 on the 3rd and 4th) and isn't very hard to master (once you get the timing). it can be very useful when used correctly, but using it to spike is a little flashy and risky in competitive play. the dance blade's spike is a deadly weapon against less experienced opponents, but considering meteor recovery along with marth's excellent edge guarding ability and good dair spike, there are usually better options.
i do have to admit that the dancing blade's spike does look awesome.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
That meteor smash is not used because it's very predictable and very easy to get out of

Top Bottom