• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth isn't working out time for me to play.....

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Who? Who do is your main go to character in the event Marth isn't getting the job done for some reason? Typically the character is Fox since Ken and later M2K started this trend but plenty use all kinds of alts. What is your #1 second choice?

booshk

Smash Lord
i generally tend to go fox, but i always believe in my marf :d

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
right now i'm kind of in a idk phase. I'm sure Marth is my main dude but as for secondaries idk...I got a lot of alts campaigning for that office.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I have a decent sheik, Falco, Falcon.

My Fox is too sometimey. I only can play him in a tournament setting.....idk why but outside of tournaments my fox rarely plays good. I almost never play well with him in friendlies at home.

Sheik is....sheik. I am good with her but not anything special.

Falco for me is the apparent go to guy for me but even he has bad days sometimes. I can play just under the level of a Falco main which is something i'm gonna try to turn around.

Falcon i have potential with but for some reason I do not like playing him too much. I love playing him vs sheik though it's easier for me then marth. I feel pretty good fighting against pretty much anyone using Falcon except Falco and a good falcon.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I pulled Mario out recently actually. I use to main him WAAAAAAAAY back. I managed to win but i was playing so off that day...i'll find the match in the archives somewhere and put it up.

OverLord

Smash Ace
I just play Marth in tournament because I want to win with him.

Sometimes on certain MUs I play Falco/Fox/Falcon, it depends on stage and MU.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
depends on the day. I have 4 "top" characters, when i'm on point i'd say that my marth is my best

but if not i have sheik. when i have an off day with sheik (i know i'm a freak lol) my falcon is okay, and my fox is hit or miss, either really good or really f'in terrible lol

:phone:

skrach8

Smash Lord
If I were to go anyone other than Marth it would hurt my tournament placings.

Ive spent so much time with Marth, I feel I should be able to adapt to anyone i fight. Obviously unless im getting first, im not properly adapting.

Top player such as hbox, colbol, jman, hax etc etc. dont change because i would assume they feel the same way. But you know what they say about assuming.

I feel low and mid level players change characters because they do not know how to work out strenghts and weaknesses of a match up, so they resort to switching up setups all together.

with that said IF I WERE TO GO ANYONE ELSE, i would use sheik.

Niko45

Smash Master
If I were to go anyone other than Marth it would hurt my tournament placings.

Ive spent so much time with Marth, I feel I should be able to adapt to anyone i fight. Obviously unless im getting first, im not properly adapting.

Top player such as hbox, colbol, jman, hax etc etc. dont change because i would assume they feel the same way. But you know what they say about assuming.

I feel low and mid level players change characters because they do not know how to work out strenghts and weaknesses of a match up, so they resort to switching up setups all together.

with that said IF I WERE TO GO ANYONE ELSE, i would use sheik.
While it sounds like I'm similar to you in regard to the fact that I feel more comfortable finding answers with my main than trying different matchups there are notable players that do jump around in character successfully like teczero and m2k. I agree it's more common at top level to see someone play a single main or maybe a main and a really strong secondary at most but it's not always the case.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
I think that you have to get to a certain skill level with your main before you should even think about switching (i.e. being able to make it out of pools at nationals). However if i were to switch in tournament which i probably wouldn't because I always am confident in my marth, I would probably go falco just cause he's really fun. However I do think that fox is a good secondary to have as it gives you a better hypothetical advantage against puff and sheik, two of marths worst mu's (i know the new mu thread says the puff mu is 50/50 but that is horse ****).

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
i have faith on my marth for every matchup except sheik, i usually just go fox since im more comfortable playing her that way.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
ROY

Lol jk, if I played Marth I would play Fox as an alternate because he covers all of Marth's harder MU's quite nicely. But in all reality, my choices are

1. Falco
2. Fox (if playing against Mario/Doc/Marth/Falco/Puff, or if my Falco isn't playing too well)
3. G&W (vs Floaties and if they haven't played this matchup before)
4. Puff (if they handle FF'ers well but have no clue how to play against Puff)

5. Falcon (If I want to just have fun/I know they are worse as a player than me)
6. Roy (Friendlies/If I just want to have fun with low tiers)

7-25. Everyone else (except Marth)

26. Marf

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I'll go Link to avoid a Marth ditto, but otherwise I go straight Marth, even against Sheik.
I can't do spacies, my tech skill blows.

Bing

Smash Master
I always go Sheik, Fox and my ace in the sleeve, Kirby..

I generally always use Marth, but I find some MU's more amusing in other forms... like Kirby vs Ganon and Fox vs Falcon

Bing

Smash Master
Im actually Using Kirby a lot as my secondary... if not Fox.

But as an example, I used Marth in every pools match at my last tournament except for 2 games. 1 Fox, 1 Kirby.

Game 1. Marth vs. Fox. I won as Marth
Game 2. Marth. vs Ganon. He Won
Game 3. Kirby vs. Ganon. I won. I love Kirby vs, Ganon, Dunno why

And I Used Fox because I love the Fox vs. Falcon MU

Top Bottom