• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Up-b edge Cancel

Squidtastic

Smash Rookie
Recently, I have been Thinking of ways to counter the light shield edgeguard. I was practicing sweetspotted up-B's and I accidentally edge canceled one of them and slid back onto the ledge. I did not enter helpless state, as the up-B was meant to hit the ledge, not the stage. I barely landed on the stage. I realized that, if there is an opponent on the ledge, I will be right on them with a jump. I was wondering if there was any way to go about the up-b that will make this easier, as I think this can be used as an effective mix-up. Currently, I am just using my up-B and then immediately D.I.ing back in the hopes that I will slide back off the ledge. Any feedback is appreciated.

Squidtastic

Last edited:

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
"if there is an opponent on the ledge, I will be right on them with a jump"

What exactly does that mean?
Also, it's safer just to sweetspot. If you go any higher, you will get bopped easily by any move.

swanized

Smash Cadet
to edgecancel your upB you need to land on frame 27 exactly.

Good luck with that

Top Bottom