• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs. Metaknight

xigon

Smash Apprentice
Meta-Knight because:

• Meta-Knight, not like Marth, has the ability to Glide. This comes in advantage to recovering and which marths only recovery is UB thats not very good horizontly. On the other hand, Meta-Knight has NB, which is great for horizontal. The FB which can hurt edge guarders. His UB can give a higher position before gliding. Also, his DB can teleport him and even better, if you reappear behind the edge guarder, it can turn the table greatly around.
  • Meta-Knight has quick attacks, as quick as Marth. Even has something better than Marth, Meta-Knight has a infinite combo. A usual fact about Meta-Knight not having decent KO moves, its NOT true. UB, DSmash and FSmash can KO at 100%. Besides, Meta-Knight dishes some damage in no time with all his comboalble moves.
  • Meta-Knight is a Marth-Kirby. He is better than Marth Marth, is his DB, Conter. The rest of it, Meta-Knight can do it better.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Whoever can get the other guy off the stage first wins.
Cause Marth's recovery sucks now.
But Marth's moves are overall better.

8BitHero

Smash Rookie
Well, in any case, its debatable only because it all depends on how well the players can use either meta or marth. At any rate, I would've assumed that Gimpy would have pulled more for meta only because he mains him. But, I mean, I could see how he would say that only because it's obvious that he is a more skilled player when it comes to meta, so he knows his strengths and weaknesses better than most of us in this thread.

Nuff said.

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
i would say they are actually quite even (notwithstanding their final smashes) ... marth with more power, meta knight with more recovery, neither with projectiles. guess we'll have to see how things pan out =)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i just played a couple marths in tourney with metaknight and the match is freaking hard, marth is simply a better character overall.

marth has more range than metaknight in the air and his over b is really freaking good on the ground.

metaknight can do some stuff though its not really a full mismatch, i'd say its 70/30 marth over metaknight

Marth is extremely flexible this time around, so all of his weaknesses that he had in Melee are nearly gone. His U-smash has a good hitbox, his dancing blade is very quick; quicker than his neutral A attacks. He still has tipped atacks as well. In addition to that, he still has his Grab > Smash or Aerial tactics.

Landing Grabs and tilts on Marth is essential for Meta Knight because they put Marth in an awkward position, where Meta Knight can use additional tilts or aerials. Coming down from above Marth is perhasp the worste scenario in this match because oh Marth's good range, and Meta Knight's inability to attack from below safely.

I don't know much about this match up, but just make sure you don't get sent above him or get grabbed (As ofter). Good luck. ^_^

Staco

Smash Champion
you said it was very difficult for you against marth, gimpy, but maybe the marth players had the same problem? xD

xigon

Smash Apprentice
come to think of it, its a good thing that people don't like Meta-Knight. This result in less people using MK. I wish that MK would be bottom tier, that way, obody will be using him insanly.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
marth.

want proof? youtube lolz. its not like a far off math its just marths range pwnz and he hits harder/faster now too

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Pretty much the only match up I play since I started brawl.. Marth can u-air him since his light and kill most the time, MK can easily attack him after most of marths hit, since his like jiggz. -_-

Although good spacing beats MK.

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, we'll, neither have projectiles, so they have to rush in and fight, and Marth has more range, so he'll probably win.
they'd have to rush in and fight!? rofl
i guess thats why samus is top tier in melee cuz of her range and projectiles...oh wait.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and besides, the one holding the controller decides the winner.
This. Skill outweighs tiers for the most part. Plus going for the upset against Marth would be quite exciting to me at least. I think you need to consider Marth range and play accordingly to play him accurately.There is way more than range though to deal with though.

HellSingULH

Smash Apprentice
Marth could win the battle because he has more attack´s range than MK and his aerials does more damage than the aerials of MK.

FKN marth ¬¬!!!

Cyas ;D!

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
they'd have to rush in and fight!? rofl
i guess thats why samus is top tier in melee cuz of her range and projectiles...oh wait.
I meant they do have options to keep attackers at bay like Pit.

Didn't say projectiles suddenly make you awesome. >_>

@the true blade:We're talking about facts, which means we're talking potential between two equally skilled players. Your statements brings absolutely nothing to the debate....

S4k3

Smash Rookie
I think Tiers might have more of an influence over skill. Take this battle scenario with my friend. Of course this is Melee, so bear with me. My favorite character and easily my best, or 2nd best was Mewtwo, and his happened to be Marth. We all know that's a horrible match up to start with, and I and DEFINITELY no Taj, but our skills are roughly even, he probably is slightly better than me. We do things differently, we're more casual and play with items on, and use 10 stock...he ended up 8 stocking me, it was so frustrating. We had another match and I switched to Falco. We ended up taking it down to the wire for the most part and I ended up 2 stocking him. And I wasn't near as exhausted as I was after using Falco as I was when I used Mewtwo.

SOOooo, after that long story, I say Marth wins.

PwnageLlama

Smash Cadet
These threads never get resolved.

Neither side can provide conclusive evidence.

Personally, I think Marth is better. However, I have not played...

(3... days... *gasp*)

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Play to your strengths, avoid your weaknesses. Metaknight's got plenty of strengths that marth does not have. Use them to your advantage. The fight is definitely winnable and not even all that much in Marth's favor, I'd say. People are just more used to marth now, give it time and there will be some BEASTLY meta knights. Ones even far better than gimpy, I imagine, who's the best meta we have to look at right now.

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
Play to your strengths, avoid your weaknesses. Metaknight's got plenty of strengths that marth does not have. Use them to your advantage. The fight is definitely winnable and not even all that much in Marth's favor, I'd say. People are just more used to marth now, give it time and there will be some BEASTLY meta knights. Ones even far better than gimpy, I imagine, who's the best meta we have to look at right now.
That sounds completely logical!!!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Even though I favor Metaknight over Marth by far, Marth and his annoying range will usually get the best of Metaknight. On the other hand, Metaknight has great recovery with his gliding and multiple jumps. The skills of the players will make a slight difference in the outcome.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
This. Skill outweighs tiers for the most part. Plus going for the upset against Marth would be quite exciting to me at least. I think you need to consider Marth range and play accordingly to play him accurately.There is way more than range though to deal with though.
ok...but when having a character discussion, you ALWAYS have to assume that the players are going to be of equal or at least similar skill levels. obviously, if someone is much better than someone else, they are going to win, even with subpar characters...

darcatalyst5

Smash Rookie
Haven't played yet, but from the videos I've seen it appears that Marth controls the match on the stage while metaknight controls the match off the stage. Though I would argue this gives Marth a clear advantage as all matches of course begin on the stage.

Top Bottom