• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs R.O.B. match-up help

DavidLowell

Smash Cadet
NNID
PharaohLowell
3DS FC
0318-8056-1329
So one of my friends has a solid R.O.B. that I can beat with Marth.
I recently discovered that smaller stages give me an advantage because it doesn't give R.O.B. enough room to work with.

Are there any techniques or strategies that I could possibly add on to this match-up?

He uses the gyro and that beam to catch me in awkward positions.
My edgeguard game is one of my personal strengths but when it comes down to the center of the stage, I'm forced to approach because of projectiles.

Vandire

Smash Cadet
Oddly enough, since I've switched to Marth I have never played a ROB yet. Anybody with good projectile can put Marth in a bad spot. Approaching because of it can prove even worse for the Marth player. Best guess in this matchup is to try to get up to him before any projectile game happens. Grab combos would your best bet. Like I said, I've never played this matchup so apologies if I don't know too much about this.

Peacanator

Smash Cadet
Stay on stage as much as possible; don't ever try to go deep off stage to get an edgeguard or a to finish a stock. When ROB approaches he generally either uses his fair, his down b, and sometimes nair. His dash attack is very punishable so try to take advantage of that as much as possible to make him/her think twice before using it and when he does he'll get comboed on. Marth's fair usually beats most of his moves, don't be afraid to use his nair as well since ROB is an easy character to hit. What most Marths do against any opponent is to space, chip off damage, and finish off with a kill move; do not do this with ROB. When Marth gets in on a ROB, it will most likely be about a 50% combo, depending on your tech skill, since ROB is a nice combo weight and size for him. Don't get me wrong, this does not mean you need to be relentless and reckless, capitalize as much as possible off punishes and you'll be good to go.

Top Bottom