• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MarthFriend needs critiquing. Greatly appreciated =)

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion

Niko45

Smash Master
Few tips:

Don't use white Marth.

Stay on the ground more. Chill with the nair approach. It can work if it's masked well, but it shouldn't be your regular option.

Work on wavedash out of shield to keep falco guessing. Don't let lasers lock you down. Also work on fair OOS on falco approach.

Don't be overly reliant on dtilt/fsmash/counter to edgeguard falco. If you know falco is going to be forced below stage needing to up B, go off stage and get them since its guaranteed. They can sweetspot/wall tech the other options. Kind of related, learn the distance where falco (or any character) will not be able to reach the stage, or if you anticipate an attempt to sweet spot the ledge, turnaround wavedash fastfall on the edge really fast for the easy KO.

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
more off stage shield break on shieks!!! idk i heard it's good on shiek 0.0 be more unpredicatble with edge gaurds.

Kotu

Smash Cadet
Marth is beast he's one of the best toon link and marth on boss battle is too epic beat master hand in less than 5 seconds

Moxin

Smash Apprentice
Am I not the only one that doesn't play as good with white marth than the other colors?

anto

Smash Apprentice
imo
video 1- good spacing= take away falco's laser(although fd is a btich for this)
if falco falls too far under just grab the ledge i.e. falco's 3rd life in the vid
don't recover from falcos nair or throw with fair free fsmash everytime for falco vid around :40
and agreed with no white marth

video 2- too much nair, mix it up with fair and dont approach with nair everytime
you can also mixup grabs. for falcon you just want to keep him out since he has to come in everytime to do any harm meaning dtilt,fair,nair, and even the occasional jab.

video 3- less uair on the bottom platforms, utilt and fsmash are you friend. whenever you get falco stuck on the bottom platforms, should be pretty much a free kill every time. if you get falco on the mid platform from a throw and such do a nair from under him and the the second hit of the nair should hit him everytime.

video 4- same as 1

videos 5 and 6- as far as i can remember against sheik, usually uthrow to utilt at lower percentages work well. if you edge hog and force sheik to recover onto the stage, if she recovers close enough you punish her with nair off the ledge. and as usual space well.

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
it's just kinda turned into a mindgame/meme that all white marths suck lol which ofc they do. white marth is bad looking for most people haha. play blue math f smash alot cause all blue marths play like azen =D

Dart!

Smash Master
matt whats up? and too many people play black marth, which color should i play? defaults ok...kinda want to play red. someone persuade me to play green if you can i guess.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
just to whoever critiqued, vioxx is the marthfriend, why do random people post in here like it's a marth color social? lol. people only mention marths color because theirs so few marths at the top level so seeing a white marth would just be weird. but seeing any color of falco or fox, people don't say ****, cause there's so many. i'm over the color topic, boring!

Top Bottom