• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Marth's Match Ups~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neon X

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to help too but i dont know if im still permitted to help in something so special.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
i would

but i just got ff13

|:
This
FF 13 IS AMAZING although I beat it on tuesday (before like almost everyone else i might add)

Allthough i wouldn't mind helping ,however most of you don't know me very well and i doubt you would randomly jsut ask me to do it however i would

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
i would

but i just got ff13

|:
This
FF 13 IS AMAZING although I beat it on tuesday (before like almost everyone else i might add)

Allthough i wouldn't mind helping ,however most of you don't know me very well and i doubt you would randomly jsut ask me to do it however i would
I got it the other day from winning a Brawl local tournament and ****** scrubs. lol. 75 dollars to gamestop to go to gamestop and find it used with 10% off and then gift card to make it 50.00 with tax.

Gonna start it tonight.

PS-I did not lose a single match and went Marth the entire time.

Neon X

Smash Apprentice
Lol guys I don't wanna be d*** but this is matchup disscussion. We should stick to the protocol before we get mod ***** *_*

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
._. I'm not going to agree with this either.
FD is generally a bad stage for Marth. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Since when does FD bother Metaknight's Aerial Mobility? That makes nooooo sense.

D:< ROOOAAAAR stop making me talk metaknight in a thread that isn't the Metaknight discussion thread.
^
+ 10 chars

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I took it to the right thread.

Here is how MKs air movment work. WHEN HE JUMPS UP he gets movment NOT FALLING DOWN. meaning when stage is flat he can only move directions UP or on the ground. Not use platforms to take the fight somewhere else. If MK were to keep jumping to move he would wind up above his oppenents and while that normaly works it fails against marth due to marths range

this Means MK stays grounded his options are nado(punishable) dash followups mabey ftilts. he can Sh fair mabey nair but his options here are ONLY ground based for the most part. Now our retreating fair is going to beat almost all these options except nado. We can grab here (release) not to mention as much as we get help from platforms we don't need them to . AS much as MK still can pull many of his shenanigans here and we get more

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I took it to the right thread.

Here is how MKs air movment work. WHEN HE JUMPS UP he gets movment NOT FALLING DOWN. meaning when stage is flat he can only move directions UP or on the ground. Not use platforms to take the fight somewhere else. If MK were to keep jumping to move he would wind up above his oppenents and while that normaly works it fails against marth due to marths range

this Means MK stays grounded his options are nado(punishable) dash followups mabey ftilts. he can Sh fair mabey nair but his options here are ONLY ground based for the most part. Now our retreating fair is going to beat almost all these options except nado. We can grab here (release) not to mention as much as we get help from platforms we don't need them to . AS much as MK still can pull many of his shenanigans here and we get more
Yet FD gives him a ton of jumping room. See where this isn't making since?

Once again to my statement from the other thread. Which metaknight are you playing?

Metaknight has a TON of options, and can use them more on FD. He's going to use spaced ftilts, dtilts, pressure us into grabs, use tornadoes and maybe do pivot fsmashes on ground. In the air he'll go with spaced down airs, spaced fairs, an occasional bair and some nair, and once again the tornado.

Ok use, retreating fair, but guess what? That guys speed is going to catch up to you if you keep the pattern going. To me, playing Metaknight is a Flip Flop situation. If he's on the ground, I'm going to attempt as many working aerials as I can. If he's in the air, I'm going to attempt as many working ground moves as I can, and without platforms this makes the job A LOT harder.

Oh and let us not forget the leading cause of suicide, the lip of Final Destination.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Platforms don't exist on FD. MK abuses the hell out of platforms cuz he can juggle Marth moreso with them. marth has issues juggling MK even WITH platforms, the flat stage helps him. it's also easier to wall meta on a flat stage. FD is marth's best stage for this mu, too bad all smart MK's ban it -.-

Tornado is impossible to punish with platforms because he can always just Nado onto a platform, and the most you get is a tipper airel, while on the ground you can get DB / a grab release which can link / string / combo into more attacks.

Neon X

Smash Apprentice
well in stages like Battlefield the only option to punish Nado is to read it and counter. You must get the pattern of the MK's Nado. The most typical being Dair>Nado. Its good to be on the defensive only poking with DB and Dtilt to see what are his pressure options.

etecoon

Smash Hero
shouldn't you be able to hyphen smash him sometimes on some stages if he just goes for platforms? AFAIK that only really works that well on like, SV if the platform is moving away

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ok so out of curiousity I decided to play my usual Metaknight practice partner in a few sets. Note I usually ban FD against him, but because both of you insisted it works I tried it out instead of posting something to defend my statement.

No other comments, I should have tried it before it before I posted the remark I did at BlackKnight, the stage does work nicely against Metaknight, but so far, from my experience, only if you're staying defensive 80~% of the match. There really isn't much this aggressive Metaknight could do if I baited the attacks and caught the dash attacks with pivot grab correctly.

<.< sorry

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
duely noted but isn't this where we are supposed to discuss Match ups? Or does this thread have a diffrent purpose in regards to match ups

Also its good you found yourself a CP stage on MK Kola :D(your base logic was somthing i thought to at one point but shaya will get upset if this keeps up in here)

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
oh ok thanks for clearing that up (although FF 13 is a great game but this isn't teh place like you said)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I have little Pikachu experience, I've only played one ;-;

Perhaps Minty or Punishment Divine can contribute?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, that seems to be a problem with a lot of our MU discussions..... Pika's very underplayed and has a pretty high learning curve, so nobody ever has decent experience vs. a good one. =\

They all still think we're B button- and dsmash-spamming rodents! ;-;

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yeah, that seems to be a problem with a lot of our MU discussions..... Pika's very underplayed and has a pretty high learning curve, so nobody ever has decent experience vs. a good one. =\

They all still think we're B button- and dsmash-spamming rodents! ;-;
lol, well our state's best Pikachu may be at the tournament I'm going to today, if I manage to get plenty of friendlies in, I'll stop by and share the information I've learned.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
lol, well our state's best Pikachu may be at the tournament I'm going to today, if I manage to get plenty of friendlies in, I'll stop by and share the information I've learned.
That'd be really helpful, thank you!

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
does anyone really know what the Yoshi Match up is?

I don't think we have a yoshi in socal so i wouldn't know

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Alright since the vacation is drawing to a close, it's to get our hands dirty.

I'm trying to get Kadaj, Shaya, and Junk on this right away, and help them suggest others who fairly know a wide variety of match-ups.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I need advice against diddy... AND I NEED IT FAST
the old match up discussion is a bit outdated so maybe we should discuss diddy now ?

Player-3

Smash Hero
Diddy:
Shield banana throws and catch them when they bounce with sh fair

Don't let him have any room onstage

He sucks on the ledge without nanas, abuse and steal his bananas he tries to pull

Ban fd
Use luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom