• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Metagame & The Boards In Review - Rest of 2009 In Progress!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What's all this about special eras and ****? You don't need to pull revolutionary **** to be awesome. Like, it's not like something amazing will happen if I say

C-Stick is obsolete guys. I do all my fsmashes with the dpad now.

Well, not amazing. But maybe kind of funny.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Just trying to keep it clean or some what on topic.

We don't want to end up like the Sonic boards...

*shiver*

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Lmao, you guys make my day =:] I would update but no computer access, im comming to you live via Sidekick 08 =P

Still open for suggestions.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Eh that was the end of Nov/beginning of this month correct?

I also need the date the MBR was created, and someone to tell Pierce to let me in that bish.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Don't worry, right here. It's August 29th (any MBR member could tell you that actually.)

Also, you missed the whole DS OOS thing being super popular in May (it's died down) and throughout the summer.
Defensive play was HEAVILY emphasised due to the EL era over the summer. Poking was all the rage.
Neo revolutionizing Uair in September (actually, he did it before September, but I started doing it too because of him, and I actually talk to you guys).
Me revolutionizing Jab in I think October.
Me discovering the prosauce of walking out of D3 chaingrab.
Transition to offensive pressure in October/November. Steel replaced EL, and followed a more NEO like Style.
I tihnk it was Ankoku that made platform Canceling big in April.
Junk making Platform Canceling big in again August.
Roy_R combo being a good opening in like May I think.
Drago's popularity up to may (lol, we have to include the to be accurate unfortunately.)
Ken Fanboyism the month of, and after EVO

I guessed on some of these months, approximating what I felt was right. This month, I've detached myself from the Marth boards, because you guys keep looking at me like I'm crazy when I'm talking about combos and Dair, but I was right about jab wasn't I?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Thanks pierce, large contribution is what im looking for!

And hey man, your an awesome Marth and player overall, I couldn't knock you.

And may I pm you about the MBR thing lol? The boards have run dry, and I think I can prove myself worthy =]

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Can I get props for making the ISJR thread first in the Marth boards which started a whole testing craze in the tactical forums? lol :p

Hey Rukkiko I think you should consider putting up Marth's tourney placings as the months went by. That would be an interesting thing to see imo.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Sure 3x, and thanks for the suggestion, ill use HRNUTs thread and the Results board if I get to it, I have a day.

Oh and don't take me literally when I said dry, its just nothing new is happening but itsure is hella fun on here.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
*raises eyebrow

Easy there, Pierce.

Keep sucking your own **** that hard and you'll choke on it.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Lmao @ EL. We all got an ego, its in our characters namesake. Everyone's given their fair share, unless your Jayboy221.

Im sorry he's just aggravating me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Jab and dair is awesome. I love every one of Marth's moves, except maybe Ftilt (jab replaced it).

Pierce you forget that a lot of the move discussion came down to solely MBR, and that it would seep out to the masses from time to time (usually in match up discussions/video critiquing). I don't think there has ever been much love or emphasis given to jab at all. And most Marth's videos I see still barely use it.

Also Steel replaced EL? Beacon of knowledge maybe, but beacon of constant new knowledge?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Lol, excellent point Shaya, but he has taught him well so it may work both ways.

Large update to come once I get my dads **** laptop.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
UPDATED! Colors =] Names will be colored with current grouping (or of choice) later. Looking for ways to make it cleaner. Always bring your suggestions.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
needs more me in this thread so i can get a bigger ego, also i demand every time i am mentioned that my name be colored cyan

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
^ My name is mentioned 1031.27 times in the OP, but since it is charcoal gray colored and size - .0001 font no one notices.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Yes sir Steel, and man how did TKD catch on to my ploy??? Does anyone now more about marth mixups? Ill add those in there aswell, if theyre significant enough.

Organization 'bout to come, ill figure it out.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
You should add a progression of Junk's trash talking to your timeline. I'm sure he would appreciate that. Oh also mention where the noobs started to transition over to marth along with the time when Pit's arrow spam started to fail.
Junk? You mean JunkInTheTrunk? I faced him in tournament-ended up winning the set, but he managed get me when he CP'd-just recently. I heard from MikeHAZE that he trash talks a lot, but I hadn't met him before then, and didn't see any posts of his on Smashboards.

Anyways, to be on topic:

I feel Marth's metagame is progressing nicely-Brawl's metagame as whole, to be honest-and he just might make Top Tier on the next tier list. Maybe. His bad matchup with MK might be what's holding him back, but I feel he still has a chance.

∫unk

Smash Master
Mike and I... had pretty good trash talk going at one point ;D

Then I pretty much got ***** at SCSA (first tourney). It's all good though.

You played me at my second tourney ^^

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, as much as it pains me to say it, I did not bring the 0 to death on Falco and Wolf here [or at least I am pretty sure I didn't].

Curse You Honesty!!! I could have taken credit for that if it wasn't for you.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Hmm I wonder who then... and which month would be the best guess for its intro?
A lil under three hours to twenty 0h nine

IDK

Smash Lord
Would have been more epic if the game was still developing say in, a couple years. Reading this makes it seem like we really haven't improved. I say it's kind of interesting, but has lots of holes.

What's all this about special eras and ****? You don't need to pull revolutionary **** to be awesome. Like, it's not like something amazing will happen if I say

C-Stick is obsolete guys. I do all my fsmashes with the dpad now.

Well, not amazing. But maybe kind of funny.
you scared me for a second. I only read the huge text... and I was like, lolwut? who posted this? Then I saw ankoku and went into a coma. Then I woke up and read the tiny text... and had a big sigh. good times...

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Well for such a short period of time a lot happened for such a fresh game. Especially within Marth's metagame imho.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
You should put up when impostant Marth People's joined this year, like Steel, Junk, Shaya, 3xSwords, and some others (not me I'm not important).

You can check by going to their profiles.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Lol this should be the Marth Headquarters Thread, including all things from HoF too the eyar in review. What you think, alot of work huh?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Ok, what actually happened new in Dec.? I saw some replies to old threads, and a bunch of spam, and random inquiry.

Top Bottom