• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Secondaries...

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
So I am a first and foremost a Marth player. He has with been with me for more than a year now, and throughout this time one thing never stuck, my secondary. I can use Snake well, and he currently is my #2, but I'm not that good with him. After long consideration, I have created a list of secondaries that I would like using for this game in tiers of how much I want to use them. Please help me make my choice on which to use as my second and as my third (think about synergy, not which one you like). (Each tier is in no particular order).

Snake
Pikachu
Lucario
Sonic
Sheik
Ike
Link

Wario
Diddy
Falco
Olimar
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong
Zelda

D3
Kirby
ZSS
Wolf
Bowser

and I don't care about everyone else... The characters higher on this tier are the ones I prefer, but Choose whoever works best.

Player-3

Smash Hero
marth beats falco solidly... you don't need a secondary agaisnt snake or d3...or MK really you just have to learn the matchup

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
marth beats falco solidly... you don't need a secondary agaisnt snake or d3...or MK really you just have to learn the matchup
That's opinion. D3 and MK are difficult and could warrant a secondary.

I secondary a lot of characters but have really only busted my ICs and Snake out in tournament. I use IC's for DK and DDD mostly and Snake for MK.

DDD and Snake are great secondaries for Marth. DDD can be played in matchups not necessarily in the opponent's favor but can be difficult (Wolf, Snake, ROB) and Snake can be used for the same thing (Diddy, I use him for the ditto sometimes) and MK.

ROB, Falco, and of course MK are also great options.

The only reason I use ICs is because I like them lol I wouldn't advise it.

EDIT: Oh I forgot that I bust out DK for other Marths and sometimes at random times. He's fun and similar to Marth and is a solid second in general.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I think a MK and Marth combo would be beastly good, especially since many of Marth's least favorable matchups are covered by MK, and vice versa. Snake might be the only character who can go even with the two of them.

ChibixD

Smash Apprentice
Meta knight don't have weekness, main him and you will have no problem with MUs lol

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Yeah that's definitely true lol, but it's also true that MK's most even matchups like Wario and Diddy Kong are solidly in Marth's favor. (at least that's how it was when I last read the matchups thread)

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
real men secondary Link and use him when they get CPed to Japes.

or so i hear.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I agree with Zero Suit Samus, Beats ROB and D3 (Marths Worst MU's IMO, apart from Meta), Marth can do well against every1 else tbh.

∫unk

Smash Master
ZSS doesn't beat D3 any more than marth does lol

If you're talking about a ddd that doesn't know the matchup then yes zss ***** those

it's kinda like falco and icys don't **** ddd if he knows what to do

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I just read your thoughts and I have a couple things to say.

1. I hate MK. I refuse to use him on the soul fact the I played Fox in melee and all of my friends said, "you're not really the best here, you just play Fox so you will automatically win." The truth of the matter is that I was the best there, I was facing Falcos, Marths, and Sheiks, but they didn't listen. I don't want to become an MK addict like I did for Fox.

2. I would love to play Falco, if someone could teach him to me. I suck with him hardcore. It would be a joke if I even tried to use him. Although he is an option if I could learn.

3. I like DK, but I am bad with him as well. Same with ZSS (although I haven't tried her really).

4. My friends hated me when I tried Ice Climbers. 2 of my friends quit Brawl because of it.

5. I played Olimar, but I don't trust him after a fateful day. I was in a doubles match with my friend. It was my first tournament match in fact, and you wouldn't believe me if I told you this, and I didn't believe it myself. My first match ever was against Anther (the best Pikachu in the country), and DSF. ****!!!! We did fairly well. They won the first game, and in the second I had 2 lives (70%), they both had 1, and my partner was out. I told him not to take a life, he didn't. But when I was down to one, my Pikmin desynched from me, something that I said I wouldn't do it on accident. It happened, and I couldn't fix it. After a beating and 6 DSF oil splashes (his G&W missed 5 times) the match was over. I haven't played Olimar since.

6. Same for Falco, I can't play D3 at all.

7. I currently use Snake.

8. To bengals. I have used Link at a tourney. I got them in an arrow trap and I won.

9. I am out of things to say.

10. Although a long list, I hope it helps you to understand my play style, being bad at about everyone but Marth and a few others.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
If you practice enough with any character, you'll definitely get the hang of him/her eventually. I'd recommend watching videos of the char. you want to learn to play and browsing their FAQs on the forums and whatnot. But having someone to teach you is indeed the best option. And if your friends don't like your character that's not a good reason to stop using him/her.

P.S. to play DDD shield grab a lot, b-air a lot, camp a lot lol

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
True, but I just don't like MK. But I am not all that bad with Falco after a little work. I am all set now. This thread is ready to be locked.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
What's with the ''Ike good secondary'' thing? It's my main, and I plan to make him a secondary next to my Marth, but that's just because I like those chars. Is there any reason why you should secondary Ike next to Marth (apart from matchup-inexperience people could suffer from)?

Marthguy226

Smash Rookie
my only issue with MK is that it's hard to KO with him sometimes, I don't use him a lot but he's a great character with great air attacks but personally I find it difficult to KO with him then again I need practice.

Top Bottom