• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Tiara

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
They should've gave Marth a move where he could throw his tiara around like Sailor Moon.

"Marth's tiara, magic!"
What an absurdly amazing idea.

However, if this is to occur, I demand that his new entrance be an exact duplicate of the transformation cutscene Serena goes through in order to become Sailor Moon. No editting, no speeding up. Just 1-2 straight minutes of Marth glowing, spinning around, and being mummified with pink ribbons.

Sailor Marth 4 Brawl

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Heh.. then its official.. he should be known as one of the following:
Princess Marth/a
Martha
Or my favorite:
SAILOR MARTH (that was a great picture :laugh:)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
well there are 3 reasons:
1: A memento from his sister and mother (his father was RUDE and those 2 were his only support).
2: His father died in combat wile the war and the crown was lost. So he has not much options.
3: His creator wanted to have the first bishonen on videogames and design him like that.
And his girlyness, well he's a prince whit moral support for his sister/mother, what did you expect?
But still he did defeated the dark priest and the dark dragon wile wearing a tiara and no pants (just a tunic), and then married to a princes at his age of 17. BADASS.

OFF-TOPIC: Ike gets chances of being gay/asexual/bisexual/closet_straight. Cause he NEVER shows interest on womans and have a WAY to much support whit mans.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
OFF-TOPIC: Ike gets chances of being gay/asexual/bisexual/closet_straight. Cause he NEVER shows interest on womans and have a WAY to much support whit mans.

But... But he has this giant, golden phallic sword! He must be manly!

... No wait, that didn't turn out right.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
And Ike can't be gay....
At the risk of opening this can of worms again...

He certainly can be gay. He may not be, but there's nothing expressly confirming it as an impossibility.

But let's not go back to beating that dead horse.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
^
yea i said he MAY be, but it's not confirmed, there are chances, but he may be: asexual, bisexual, straight or zoo/laguz-philian.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Marth wears a tiara...

Because of hundreds of animals getting abused in the world every day.

*Turns on Sarah Mclachlan's "In the arms of an angel."

If you were to donate to the ASPCA, we will send you a complimentary envelope with a picture of an animal in one of the many shelters, an animal, you helped saved.

So please...

do it for the animals...

We all need to smile sometime.

*turns off the song

but yea seriously, Marth is totally a homo.

D

Deleted member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YalB0uEPqVk

Beginning of this. That's why Marth wear's a tiara.

That, and people automatically drop their guard, so he can stab them and they are ze dead.

Hell, I wear a tiara to tournaments now, and when someone's all "why did I lose" I'm all "because you feared the tiara". It's epic awesomeness.
Marth: Aneue? ANEUE!? ANEUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

LightningKimba

Smash Cadet
Even though most of my opinions fail, ever since Melee was out, I always thought that Marth was a guy. He was effeminine at times, yeah, but he never seemed actually a girl character. Even in Brawl, he more guy-like than girl-like. I didn't even notice his tiara until his offical art in SSBB.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
Marth's "shield breaker" was originally called "Giga Drill Breaker" but the entire mech sequence was animated using conventional 2D cel-shading and lasted for a good 20 seconds, which was considered way to cheap as a stalling tactic for a simple B move. So they dumbed it down quite a bit.

The "Golden Hammer" item is actually from one of Marth's many giant robots that he keeps stored in his tiara.

In Fire Emblem 1, you couldn't tell from the pixely graphics, but when Marth entered a battle with an enemy, it actually wasn't him that was fighting, but a giant robotic exoskeleton. His opponents also had mass-manufactured models. No wonder the trees in the distance looked so small.

His original victory pose in Melee consisted of an entire anime episode dedicated to Marth winning the battle and getting married in traditional Fire Emblem style, or the alternative victory pose, which consisted of a very rousing speech about courage and trusting not in yourself, but those who trust in you. He would then punch the losing character in the face very hard.

I think they made an anime about Marth recently, but they replaced him for some other character...
Kamina was all man.

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Gurren-dan way!"

That sounds like something Captain Falcon would say/do, I'm surprised Kamina never kneed Viral in the face. Hell, he falcon punched simon. And simon lived! How awesome does that make him? Pretty awesome.

And to keep on topic, that posted anime opening made a bit of sense and sort of beefed up Marth's not-***-ness, despite his completely girly hair, until he screamed "ONIWAAAA" like he had no balls and returned me back to the earthly realization that Marth is a ***** and Ike is the coolest main lord EVER. Excluding Hector from FE7. That guy rocked face.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
...Homo as in homosapian.

Way to fall victim to my epic mindgames!

:bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:
I must bow to your epic posting skills... Most of them make me lol.:bee:

And Ike can't be gay... hes just rather stoic (emotionless).
:ohwell: ... Your logic is amazing...

You know what one of the biggest targets of yaoi fangirls is? Well that:laugh:

Just because someone looks/doesn't look femenine or manly doesn't mean they are homosexual.

...but umm yeah you should just play the game instead of making up "serious" stuff about how Marth is gay.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
marth is manly, so manly ike and falcon get jealous, anyways in all seriousness, like every else has said marth only wears the tiara to honor his sister Ellis after she was kidnapped. now a viable argument could be why marth just didn't give her sisters tiara back after he saved her from garnef. also on a side note marth was pretty manly in the anime......

antimatter

Smash Lord
where's that zero suit marth image?
someone photoshopped his head on Zamus's body, and it looked natural....that says right off the bat some redesigns should be in order.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
marth's not wearing a tiara... that's a headband, obviously. a tiara sits on top of the head and is similar to a crown.

secondly, marth's 'effeminate' image is actually really cool lol. a swordsman on the stylish side? that sounds like me! and he'd be better with a tiara, those things look so great and tiara's/crowns are in! just look at princess rosalina, she looks beautiful!

the moral here is, it'd be best if marth was ACTUALLY wearina a tiara, along with some skinny jeans and a tight hoodie ;] throw that 'classic' look right out the window

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace

And to keep on topic, that posted anime opening made a bit of sense and sort of beefed up Marth's not-***-ness, despite his completely girly hair, until he screamed "ONIWAAAA" like he had no balls and returned me back to the earthly realization that Marth is a ***** and Ike is the coolest main lord EVER. Excluding Hector from FE7. That guy rocked face.
Is voice actor's fault (why can't he voice act marth like whit leon magnus/judas?). and I'm here to **** your ike's respect whit game info http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=FxGxCxSCZcE.
(i do know about ike being soren's only friend and everything... but since ike gets no interest in woman, he get's a similar ending whit ranulf and at the end of radiant dawn goes in a journey whit soren... i think there are many coincidences).
and yea hector RULZ

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes when you use a taunt at the end of the match in 1p modes (and it auto-zooms) it looks like he has small boobs because of the shape of his clothes.
This is one of the most serious cases of homophobia I've seen as of yet.
denial

Really? To go as far as to say that he's too gay because he looks like he has boobs?

I hope you see the irony in that.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Marth wears a tiara...

Because of hundreds of animals getting abused in the world every day.

*Turns on Sarah Mclachlan's "In the arms of an angel."

If you were to donate to the ASPCA, we will send you a complimentary envelope with a picture of an animal in one of the many shelters, an animal, you helped saved.

So please...

do it for the animals...

We all need to smile sometime.

*turns off the song

but yea seriously, Marth is totally a homo.

HAHAHAHAHA That is made of win :laugh:

And Zombie... the boob comment wasn't me saying he was gay... I was pointing out a flaw in his character model.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
where's that zero suit marth image?
someone photoshopped his head on Zamus's body, and it looked natural....that says right off the bat some redesigns should be in order.
I thought that sounded hilarious so i searched for it and couldn't find it...

So i made my own, behold Marth is prettier than Zamus!-
Wow... I wasted more time searching than making it on MS paint... (because i was too lazy to open up a better program with more loading time...)

Anyways RupeeClock needs to make a Wario/Zamus one...:laugh:

Edit- To down to avoid multiple posting-
Me too... but i just had to make that... :dizzy:

orintemple

Smash Lord
marth's not wearing a tiara... that's a headband, obviously. a tiara sits on top of the head and is similar to a crown.

secondly, marth's 'effeminate' image is actually really cool lol. a swordsman on the stylish side? that sounds like me! and he'd be better with a tiara, those things look so great and tiara's/crowns are in! just look at princess rosalina, she looks beautiful!

the moral here is, it'd be best if marth was ACTUALLY wearina a tiara, along with some skinny jeans and a tight hoodie ;] throw that 'classic' look right out the window
But the problem is Princess Rosalina is a girl...

Marth is a dude.

Marth is the hottest guy ever... If I saw a chick(that was actually a dude...) that looked like Marth I would try to get with her, until I got her pants off and then I would be in for quite a surprise 0_o

Then I might cry a little inside...

Marie_54

Smash Ace
^What is yaoi? please explain and post a picture of an example.

lol joking... I was just multi-tasking with my hw and that popped up.

Kriegsseele

Smash Apprentice
Yaoi is great.

So is Marth.

He's wearing that Tiara 'cuz he has a REASON. Not to look gay (what he obviously is *kicks Sheedah*).

Get over it or don't play him. If it really bothers you THAT much, go play Ike - and get your butt ***** by a Tiara-wearing-Marth. ;)

Duker

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying he's homosexual, but he sure seems like it. The tiara is just one of the minor details.

Top Bottom