• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Up-B special can spike?

Doc King

Smash Lord
I was just randomly playing Melee one time and when I was recovering with Marth, the dolphin slash actually sent Fox and Falco in a downward direction when it hit the bottom, back (I think) hitbox of the dolphin slash. I don't know if it's really bad DI or is it an actual spike.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
you probably hit with the weak part so the fox/falco just dropped. there is no spike in marfs upb.

Doc King

Smash Lord
It wasn't a stage spike, but I think Sveet was right, it probably was just a weak hit that ended up gimping Fox/Falco. Although it was cool when it happened. :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yeah, weak hits are really good against fox and falco when they are off stage. One of my favorite things to do is simply sideb them and watch em drop lol

Doc King

Smash Lord
Like, Ganon's up air is a weak hit and can semi-spike spacies and can be really effective against spacies because of their fast falling speed.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
well ganon's uair actually can semi-spike anyone because the knockback angle is very low. this upb and sideb stuff doesn't really work on floaty characters because they will get out of stun without falling very far (some characters may even gain height from it)

Top Bottom