• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masahiro Sakurai is a GOD ****ED liar AND Game Arts ****ed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyzzi

Smash Rookie
First off... it's clear that brawl has a very disappointing character roster.. it's also clear that the game will be very good, although by watching the ending cinematic for the sub space emissary... i was VERY VERY ****ing displeased with the ending.. though it may be funny, it's ****ed up.. there isn't ANY good explanation for that *** with the butterfly wings AT ALL.. it makes absolutely no ****ing sense to any of the story or the game or anything.. it just confuses everyone.. and right when they could have popped on a nice cliffhanger at the end of the game giving us some reason of hope for them to have another go at a potential future smash bros title to appear on nintendo's next big system (whatever the **** that is within the next 5 -10 ****ing years) they decided to end it in perhaps the worst of ways.

now personally i'm not bashing sonic... he's a great character, BUT... that is absolutely NO GOOD REASON AT ALL for him to spontaneously come out of ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE and simply attack the butterfly *** TWO times.. stop on a platform and wave his finger in true "SEGA ****ed up on another sonic game" fashion and then bam.. the butterfly is dead, all the **** goes back to normal, the end.

Mario gets no spotlight at the end of the game, they handed it to sonic and on the WORST TERMS POSSIBLE.

I don't even think anyone would care even if it wasn't sonic and someone else that delivered that final blow.. i just personally think that the very idea of a spontaneous kill and a cocky little taunt afterwards was the WORST ****ing way to go.. that TO ME is like they made a full game.. and decided to add a parody quality ending to the game and finalize it deliberately like that.

anyway, more to the point of the subject line:

first off... Masahiro Sakurai...
... alright... so.. where do i start? .. for the longest time now we've all known this dude was a liar.. ever since he said that he'd like to focus more on characters that were less japan-only.. turns around and then decides "hey i have a great idea. lets get some fan input for character ideas. lets ask japan" so they did, and decided that the american input wasn't important for characters that are known across the world... no sir.. because japan knows everything i suppose.

that really pissed me off.. if you wanted to vote for a character then you'd literally have to **** around with the japan version of the dojo and hope you figure out what the hell you're doing. it was only announced for us in forums and other websites that were leaking rumor mill **** in every week.. so you really had to be interested in every little tidbit to even know that he was pulling that kind of **** in the first place.

they added lucario, lucas, r.o.b. , and wind waker link to the roster.

i REALLY REALLY doubt that those would end up the highest voted characters for brawl in north america. how japanese people could be so unbelievably stupid about their decisions is WAY TOO FAR beyond me... like how do you vote for another pokemon? how? why? thats just stupid! it wouldn't even suprise me if pokemon trainer was already announced by the time the votes opened too!
lucas... thats the one that really hurts.. they didn't port EB3, so they added him. sakurai thinks.. alright so to balance out the worldly known perspective of the characters.. we'll put ness back in and make lucas a clone.
r.o.b.... alright ****.. thats the BEST ****ing character you can come up with? it's a ****ing robot.. it's a stupid, quirky controlled robot that has no dynamic character at all.. we've already made ACTUAL robots that look better than this ****ing thing!!! by asking for this, you're asking for the same lifeless appearance as game and watch.. oh wait.. they kept game and watch too...
wind waker link needs nothing but the words... if there was a clone we all hated the most in melee.. it was young link, because we all knew how easy it was to make a different moveset for him with all the **** that link gets to use in the zelda games... and now we got him back, he looks gayer now, he has the SAME ****ING MOVESET, and if not... does it even really matter? the worst possible ****ing idea is to have the SAME character even if it's a different representation of that character as another playable character. i would have taken ANY of the ****ing assist trophies over this ****ing useless piece of ****.

secondly, he said there would be no clones, and he also said that many of the characters from melee will not be returning in brawl...

BULL ****.

roy, pichu, dr.mario, mewtwo. 4 characters... that is NOT what i would call "MANY".. and by the look of it lucario has many similarities to mewtwo. dr. mario was never important. pichu is a pokemon.. and he attacked himself.. so therefore i've seen more mew appearances in melee than i have anyone i know play pichu. roy is also unimportant because we GOT what we wanted from ike being different from marth.

i can't remember now after all that ranting if there was anything else he lied to us about, but ****... thats good enough for me.

game arts was a horrible idea.

lunar was the ****, but grandia was never that good at all.. when i look at that game i think generic bull**** japanese rpg that only die hard rpg fans even bother playing.
i haven't even heard anything else about game arts.. personally when i played lunar and grandia titles i didn't even pay attention to who made those games.. and when he announced the secret company behind brawls disappointment i had absolutely no clue what game company this was, why it was a big deal, and why their company name sounds like they specialize in making pong and breakout clones.

i honestly don't know what to say about it anymore.. i'll play the game alot i'm sure... but a disappointment like this will last an age... it's a permanent blue balling i must say.

to state that this game is the last in the series is perhaps the only true thing sakurai probably told us... and that's probably a good thing because if they can't ****ing do it right THIS time with all the feedback they've gotten from melee then i doubt that they'll ever get it right and they'll just keep disappointing american fans of these games over and over again.

it's just sheer ignorance and stupidity! what the hell were they thinking?!?

lucas is a clone of ness.. and yesterday he posted the details for ness on the dojo and he tried HIS VERY ****ing best to make ness look different than lucas.

but that is ****ing impossible to accomplish.

pk thunder... is pk thunder.. because in respect to the way sakurai put it... that means he believes that young link's fire arrows make him unique compared to link's regular arrows.

**** you ARE an idiot sakurai.

that is THE DEFINITION of what ALL OF US KNEW as the SINGLE MOST HATED WORD IN SMASH BROS HISTORY: CLONE, A ****ING CLONE, IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE AN EXACT CLONE, AS LONG AS WE CAN TELL IT'S THE SAME AND THAT IT LOOKS THE SAME AND NONE OF US GO "oh wow, look! i didn't just see that same animation 2 seconds ago.. oh wait the effect is different.. yeah"

so this is what we get again...

clones.. if not full clones, then partially.. and partially is GOOD ENOUGH TO SUCK.

this game is ruined.

no vaccum for luigi it seems, no sword or trident for gannon (biggest, most obvious mistake they've ever made in the history of smash bros), falco doesn't get two guns (even though that idea is fresh... it's still good enough because by NOT having two guns.. he remains a clone), bowser doesn't have a chain chomp attack (yeah.. thats right.. chain chomp.. mario RPG.. the only reference nintendo COULD have used all on their own without copyright laws... but no dice.. same ****ty moveset), c.falcon is still gay c.falcon and hiding his gayness was pointless because we all see that samurai goroh is in there... we all know c.falcon and we know that nothing of him will change.. he is perhaps the least interesting of any character in the game.. so there isn't any surprise.. it's more like a rude awakening to find him... like "oh someone much better than you could have filled a secret character slot... oh well i guess..." wolf is in the game and you can barely ****ing tell by the camera distance most of the time that he is any different from fox because he just looks like fox in a different color and stance with a slightly different moveset..... thats exactly why we hate clones.

well i guess i'll just post what i have here because this is all that i managed to luckily copy to my clipboard before the website logged me out randomly after trying to submit my post.

well this is why i ****ing hate forums. but here's me venting.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
Calm down.

I'd much rather have had the game produced in a different way (I'd have preferred more events and chars for a shorter SSE) to what we'll be getting when it finally comes out in the west, but you just have to deal with it and no amount of *****ing is going to change a thing.

So get over it and enjoy Brawl when it comes out, it may not be perfect or as great as it could have been, but it will still be a brilliant game.

Felcis

Smash Rookie
Wow, someone bashing GAME ARTs on the basis of...nothing?

That´s innovation. :A
Most people just flame Sakurai.

(But seriously...what the hell? xD)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Can anyone actually name a time Sakurai lied? With a source to his original statement and how it was a lie?

Anyone? I don't think so. :S

dyzzi

Smash Rookie
don't be a *****... just use your imagination.

not my fault that these forums don't accept freedom of speech and expression of anger even if in a positive light.

and i'm sorry for the long post, but if sakurai didn't ****ing lie so much then i wouldn't have to write so god ****ed much would i?

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
Haha what a stupid topic. I like the way the he is mad at Sakurai for neglecting AMERICAN input on which characters should be in (so only Japanese and American input are all that counts?) as such being at least just as much as **** that he is accusing Sakurai of being.
The rest of his post is an laughable fanboy rant... don't like the game? Don't play, thanks for the laugh tho.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Sakurai DID NOT LIE.

EVER.

If you can prove it, I'll apologise. But Sakurai has NOT lied.

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
Here's some advice. First off, how about you try not to waste our time by ever posting on these forums again. Second off, don't buy the game. Don't play the game. Don't even speak of the game if it upsets you so much. No one cares about your discontent with Sakurai.

Felcis

Smash Rookie

not my fault that these forums don't accept freedom of speech and expression of anger even if in a positive light.

and i'm sorry for the long post, but if sakurai didn't ****ing lie so much then i wouldn't have to write so god ****ed much would i?
Free expression is all nice and stuff, but nobody will take you serious if your arguements dont make any sense.

Or can you please explain why (of all other possible factors) GAME ARTS ruined Brawl? Just because you don´t like their RPGs?
Besides, Grandia was awesome. Great battle-System, great skill-system, great overall gameplay. It was just way too easy.... ;__;

Shark X

Smash Lord
Again, Sakurai has lied, your the only one who missed it.

Has nothing to do with freedom of speech, it's the tons of tons of massive endless cursing your doing in it. 90% of your post' are made of of *'s.

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
Oy, oy, lay off the juice.

I must say I was terribly disappointed at first when I learned about the roster but it's grown onto me. Falco, Wolf, Toon Link, Ganondorf and Lucas... Yes, the "clones" return. Even though they're partial clones, they're still clones. The worst mistake Sakurai did... was leaving the worst to last. If he had announced Snake on of these last character updates everyone would've gone mad. Pit, Metaknight, Dedede, Wario, etc... These were all announced too early to build hype. So while these last character discoveries were a disappointment, the roster IS still great and it's better than Melee.

Time for a comparison --

Melee had 26 playable chars and 6 clones.
Brawl has 35 playable chars and 5 clones. So that's 10 new chars choices.

And don't blame the extra stuff like stickers and trophies for taking a character spot, they didn't. As for the clones, who knows? I don't understand why Ganondorf keeps a similar moveset to Falcon nor I think I ever will, but I played Ganondorf in Melee even with the cloned moveset. I enjoyed a couple of the clones in Melee, Falco and Ganondorf with some Dr. Mario in the mix, and I probably will enjoy some of them in Brawl (except Toon Link, yerk, it's Young Link all over again).

Stage Builder, the best OST in a Smash game ever, 10 new character additions, a plethora of stages to choose from.

GREAT GAME IS GREAT.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
c.falcon is still gay c.falcon and hiding his gayness was pointless because we all see that samurai goroh is in there... we all know c.falcon and we know that nothing of him will change.. he is perhaps the least interesting of any character in the game.. so there isn't any surprise.. it's more like a rude awakening to find him... like "oh someone much better than you could have filled a secret character slot... oh well i guess..."
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

THE KNEE

Captain Falcon is maybe the greatest accumulation of ideas that ever made it into smash. You are ignorant and nobody cares what you have to say.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
No really, people say Sakurai lied, but they're mostly just things people THINK Sakurai said.

People say Sakurai said "No more clones," yet when cornered, cannot provide a source.

People say Sakurai said "More female characters" yet when cornered, cannot provide a source.

People say Sakurai said "Spiderman will be playable in brawl" yet when cornered, cannot provide a source.

Can anyone provide me a source that proves Sakurai lied? I know I havn't seen anything. Saying I've "missed it" doesn't end it there, the point of the matter is, if noone know WHERE he said such a thing, he may as well have never said it, because I've been on TONS of these rants and have yet to see an exact quote from Sakurai concerning these "lies"

dyzzi

Smash Rookie
i really don't understand how whenever people see someone complain about something with good purpose and logic to back it up that they believe they need to lecture on how to calm down and accept defeat..

yeah, i know. you don't have to tell me that what's done is done... i know what's done and thats why i'm complaining about it, this is my way of dealing with it. putting together all the bull**** into one spot, so everyone can read it and hopefully agree.

it shouldn't need any direct quotation if you've actually been following everything that's been going on. if you haven't then you shouldn't even bother posting anything at all because you just make all of this look bad with your inability to sustain logic from anything.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
OK, so if I make a thread asking for these sources, will I get any real answers? or just people saying "I remember Sakurai saying this I think"

Shark X

Smash Lord
Sakurai never said Spider-Man would be in Brawl. Hell if anything, he was telling the truth about non-video game characters will never be in Brawl.

i really don't understand how whenever people see someone complain about something with good purpose and logic to back it up that they believe they need to lecture on how to calm down and accept defeat..

yeah, i know. you don't have to tell me that what's done is done... i know what's done and thats why i'm complaining about it, this is my way of dealing with it. putting together all the bull**** into one spot, so everyone can read it and hopefully agree.

it shouldn't need any direct quotation if you've actually been following everything that's been going on. if you haven't then you shouldn't even bother posting anything at all because you just make all of this look bad with your inability to sustain logic from anything.
Finally, barely any *'s.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Sakurai never said Spider-Man would be in Brawl. Hell if anything, he was telling the truth about non-video game characters will never be in Brawl.
I used the Spiderman example as a way of showing that all people need to do is put "Sakurai said" in front of it to make it believable. :ohwell:

I'm still yet to see a lie.

EDIT: Believe me, I've seen tons of people saying "Sakurai said there will be no clones" but I never remember ever seeing a source for it.

Shark X

Smash Lord
I used the Spiderman example as a way of showing that all people need to do is put "Sakurai said" in front of it to make it believable. :ohwell:

I'm still yet to see a lie.

EDIT: Believe me, I've seen tons of people saying "Sakurai said there will be no clones" but I never remember ever seeing a source for it.
I remember something along the lines of him saying that, but he didn't say it exactly. He just hinted, didn't say.

I can tell you a few lies, but I don't remember the source. It was in one of Samurai Panda's translations, that I'm sure of.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Translations are never completely accurate. And if he "hinted" it it's not a lie, because all clones are not nearly as cloned as they were in Melee.

And is there a link to this translation?

I'm just annoyed people keep calling Sakurai a lier and a hypocrite without real evidence. It's clear hype for this game goes completely berserk. Anything can say something, and through chinese whispers can make it sound like Sakurai actually said that.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
Translations are never completely accurate. And if he "hinted" it it's not a lie, because all clones are not nearly as cloned as they were in Melee.

And is there a link to this translation?

I'm just annoyed people keep calling Sakurai a lier and a hypocrite without real evidence. It's clear hype for this game goes completely berserk. Anything can say something, and through chinese whispers can make it sound like Sakurai actually said that.
Well thats just it...HE NEVER DID.

People made that stuff up claiming it was him...and yet I could never find any true comments like that elseware.

Too many people got there hopes up WAY too high...

Also OP, GTFO my internets...Your slowing it down for everyone else...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well thats just it...HE NEVER DID.

People made that stuff up claiming it was him...and yet I could never find any true comments like that elseware. .
Finally someone knows what I mean.*high five!*

SonicOfDarkness

Smash Apprentice
suffern new york yo no items no ****y stages i
yo the thing about sonic with ending so what big deal and i dont care about what sakurai did anyway iam still going to play this game beat it to deaf and master my fighters and thats sonic ,mario, pichu, and lucrho so... suck it and go lick your self alright a game a game theres no game that can be that good theres always going to a bad part in games so.. just deal with it just be lucky we are geting the game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom