• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Has Sakurai even tweeted anything regarding the Direct? As far as I can tell, he hasn't as of yet.
He usually retweets the direct before, hasn't done so yet. He might do it later, might not do it at all. Doesn't necessarily confirm or deny an announcement, but I'd keep an eye on it.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Has Sakurai even tweeted anything regarding the Direct? As far as I can tell, he hasn't as of yet.
I've been refreshing his Twitter, and he has not. On the other hand, Nintendo didn't say something like "Smash Bros. will not be discussed," which I believe they've done occasionally.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
We're in uncharted territory here, this is the first general direct Since the one Smash was revealed in. Who knows what Sakurai has planned

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I've been refreshing his Twitter, and he has not. On the other hand, Nintendo didn't say something like "Smash Bros. will not be discussed," which I believe they've done occasionally.
Hmm, I wasn't paying attention during past reveals during "general" Directs for past Smash games, but I wonder if he has acknowledged them (the Directs) in those cases? I guess at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. With less than a day remaining, we're going to find out for ourselves!

Yeah we already "welcomed" him on the general discussion thread, even tho i had to calm down some people with hater vibes … lol. He joined to just talk about the game like all of us.
I didn't wanted to be rude or anything but still, i think he should have used another nickname imo. Knowing the vibe on the general thread, it was predictable that he would be swarmed with hateful doubts and leak related questions... i mean you know how people are desperate for new infos and kind of disillusionned by fake leaks (and fake leakers).

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
We're in uncharted territory here, this is the first general direct Since the one Smash was revealed in. Who knows what Sakurai has planned
A million times this. Like State Farm, we are in good hands when it is Sakurai. He will take care of us (Also, sorry for the AWFUL State Farm joke...I cringed myself)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I didn't wanted to be rude or anything but still, i think he should have used another nickname imo. Knowing the vibe on the general thread, it was predictable that he would be swarmed with hateful doubts and leak related questions... i mean you know how people are desperate for new infos and kind of disillusionned by fake leaks (and fake leakers).
Oh I totally agree and I don't know what was the purpose of going with that name if he made a new account instead of using his original one… You would think he would want to avoid the hate and such but for the time I've known him and chatted with him on discord, he really doesn't care and he handles people well anyways. I really dont know why go with that name tho, it seems like unnecessary trouble lol.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, if Skull Kid get's in (please), do yall think we'll get some Majora's Mask music?

I know we have Termina Field, but I'm also wondering if we'll get an MM Medley like OoT. Maybe Clock Town or the Majora Battle as well (and I actually need to refresh myself on MM's music; it's been a long while since I finished the 3DS remake).

Also, I should've asked sooner, could I be added to the support list? :)

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So, if Skull Kid get's in (please), do yall think we'll get some Majora's Mask music?

I know we have Termina Field, but I'm also wondering if we'll get an MM Medley like OoT. Maybe Clock Town or the Majora Battle as well (and I actually need to refresh myself on MM's music; it's been a long while since I finished the 3DS remake).
I would think we would get a Majora music medley. Stone Tower Temple will certainly be one! I could see the guys that did Xenoblade music (ACE?) doing a Majora's Wrath remix.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I definitely do want to see some cool and wicked remix of the game's battle themes or boss theme, or hell his own themes for the final fights.

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman

this of course.

Oh I totally agree and I don't know what was the purpose of going with that name if he made a new account instead of using his original one… You would think he would want to avoid the hate and such but for the time I've known him and chatted with him on discord, he really doesn't care and he handles people well anyways. I really dont know why go with that name tho, it seems like unnecessary trouble lol.
Anyway you tried your best :) but i was watching you try and thought ''one person alone cannot stop a mob like this... this could get ugly'' but fortunately it turned out ok, other people stepped in to help calm the mob. I'm sure he could enjoy normal conversations about smash with another username :)

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Dropping by from the Shantae thread. Just wanted to say good luck to you guys. Btw, can I be on the support list also? If they don't add my favorite genie, at least Skull Kid would be cool to have.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Heya, Masked Crusaders! Just coming by from the Isaac thread to wish you good luck! I really want to see Skull Kid as a playable fighter! So feel free to add me to your support list to the Moon, from the Sun. May our Sunlight shine upon you and grant you Moonlight!

Whit

Smash Journeyman
The plot thickens with loz here. How exciting! It feels like an appropriate Majora's Mask countdown!

Also, I was checking the support list and I am not on it! I will die if my favorite Nintendo villain gets in and I was not on the support list. PLS ADD ME

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Updated the support list, with activity growing on the eve of the direct, I'll probably only add those who specifically ask to be on the support list. Just to help keep track.

But let's hope we can break 200 before the direct!

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet

I think majoras incarnation theme would be the the best fit for the fast paced nature of the fights.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Actually, doesn't look like I'm on the support list unless I just managed to miss my name looking through it. Feel free to add me as I support the character and would love this thread to have 200 supporters as well!

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice

There were three omitted Zelda tracks when Sakurai was showing music off during last Direct. I’d assumed he’d only do so because they would spoil a newcomer, as I doubt we’ll be getting any new Zelda stages apart from Great Plateau that they could spoil. With the new Termina Field remix, seems likely one of these tracks will smell very Masky.

Also, rooting for a pirates theme for Tetra, and some good Sheikah tunes for Impa! If I get all three, I don’t think a falling moon could ruin my day! :p

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
There were three omitted Zelda tracks when Sakurai was showing music off during last Direct. I’d assumed he’d only do so because they would spoil a newcomer, as I doubt we’ll be getting any new Zelda stages apart from Great Plateau that they could spoil. With the new Termina Field remix, seems likely one of these tracks will smell very Masky.

Also, rooting for a pirates theme for Tetra, and some good Sheikah tunes for Impa! If I get all three, I don’t think a falling moon could ruin my day! :p
I think people misinterpret that. It wasn't keeping stuff specifically secret. Just that there are a lot of songs, so they just had a dot dot dot to indicate it's not all of them, I mean I highly doubt that there are only 3 Zelda songs we don't know about.

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
I think people misinterpret that. It wasn't keeping stuff specifically secret. Just that there are a lot of songs, so they just had a dot dot dot to indicate it's not all of them, I mean I highly doubt that there are only 3 Zelda songs we don't know about.
Ah, that would make sense too. Either way, pirates!

...vs ninjas!

Last edited:
If Skull Kid makes it in tomorrow I want it to be known I was the one that discovered the chair theory. Not saying it was officially a hint but you know just in case.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
If Skull Kid makes it in tomorrow I want it to be known I was the one that discovered the chair theory. Not saying it was officially a hint but you know just in case.
Lol Let it be known, Waluigi is not getting in found the chair theory when others thought it was hinted to Waluigi. This one was not fooled lol.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm hyped but at the same time my expectations are low. This direct seems to be for a least hyped character like a Pokémon newcomer.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Hey could you sign me up as a supporter as well (Would very much like a Zelda newcomer who's name isn't Link or is a slow diet Captain Falcon wannabe)!

Also! To those saying were not getting anything because Mr. S hasn't retweeted! I guess he's not retweeting due to the facts that he wants to keep the next character reveal a complete surprise (The Red Eye tweet gave K. Rool away automatically) and it's most likely that he's tired of all the endless Twitter harassment!

In addition to making sure of it that nothing gets leaked like last time (Those are my best bets)!

Last edited:

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
Do you guys remember the 2nd ending credits theme made specifically for the Majora's Mask 3d remakes? This song segues into many of the most popular Majora's Mask themes.
Imo it's the perfect official song to get hyped for our Masked Marauder! :)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrf1SbBcsrc

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Direct was delayed, we'll have to wait a little longer unfortunately. Poor Japan.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
That's fair. Give them all the time they need to recover.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Dude, not just the chair, but the pillows on the couch and plant behind him have more of SK's colors too.

Anyway, hoping for Skull Kid myself!

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
The delay is pretty disappointing, but is completely understandable.
I'm guessing the direct will be tomorrow or Monday.

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
Okay who played the song of time and set it back 3 days?

But in all seriousness my heart goes out to anyone affected by this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom