• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
Woot! Japanese love for Skull Kid! And four for five of my most wanteds! I am so feeling the hype!

On a related note, what kind of Zelda level would you want for an Ultimate Spirits/story mode? I’m personally pulling for a Lost Woods level or Guardian Beast dungeon. Hyrule Castle would also be cool, especially if it had an accompanying ALttP castle theme playing to it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Woot! Japanese love for Skull Kid! And four for five of my most wanteds! I am so feeling the hype!

On a related note, what kind of Zelda level would you want for an Ultimate Spirits/story mode? I’m personally pulling for a Lost Woods level or Guardian Beast dungeon. Hyrule Castle would also be cool, especially if it had an accompanying ALttP castle theme playing to it.
Definitely Lost Woods.

That's Skull Kid's home, after all.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Majora's Mask is my 2nd favorite N64 game and my favorite Zelda game of all time. So Skull Kid would be a very nice addition to the roster if he get's in. He has my support.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
As for reveals, I am heavily leaning toward Skull kid because of the previous direct. However, as for an echo fighter I lean towards shadow ... again because of the knuckle's assist trophy. Those two seem like shoe-ins for Smash.

Most likely the direct will be next week. Best of wishes for those affected by the earthquake.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
As for reveals, I am heavily leaning toward Skull kid because of the previous direct. However, as for an echo fighter I lean towards shadow ... again because of the knuckle's assist trophy. Those two seem like shoe-ins for Smash.

Most likely the direct will be next week. Best of wishes for those affected by the earthquake.
Some people might not agree with me on this, but I believe we are getting both Tails and Shadow in the roster. Tails as a unique fighter and Shadow as a Echo Fighter.

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
It's funny, I had a bit of a gut feeling he wouldn't be revealed today and i guess I was kind of right?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Some people might not agree with me on this, but I believe we are getting both Tails and Shadow in the roster. Tails as a unique fighter and Shadow as a Echo Fighter.
Ooh, I hope you’re right. Tails is one of the most deserving characters for Smash in my mind since the EGM hoax in 02.

Do we think Skull Kid (and the Dorf) will be able to get their own victory themes? I hope so, especially since all the other villains are getting uniques.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ooh, I hope you’re right. Tails is one of the most deserving characters for Smash in my mind since the EGM hoax in 02.

Do we think Skull Kid (and the Dorf) will be able to get their own victory themes? I hope so, especially since all the other villains are getting uniques.
Bowser got a metal remix of the Mario Bros. goal theme in Smash 4, so I could see Ganondorf getting a metal remix of the main Zelda theme or his own theme as his victory music this time around.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Assuming the inevitable Smash bit at the end is a typical reveal trailer, and not an info dump like at E3, I think we're only getting one newcomer (and maybe a relevant Echo, a la Palutena/Dark Pit and Robin/Lucina). That being said, if we get Skull Kid, the only Echo I could see being revealed alongside him is Impa.

Characters like Isaac and Geno are certainly likely newcomers for this game (honestly, I don't see a world where Geno isn't in it), but to me, they seem more like "Smash Direct" material, I guess. I could be totally wrong, but again, that's just what I'm guessing. Banjo would be in that category, too, but I'm slightly less optimistic about him making the base roster these days.

If Sakurai decides to mix and match multiple newcomers and Echoes from completely different franchises in a single reveal trailer, it will come as a pleasant and welcome surprise, but I'm not expecting it.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I'm expecting Ultimate's online details and a single newcomer reveal without echoes. Like others have said, there is probably not going to be an infodump. Just a single trailer. Nintendo's other games deserve some attention as well.

In case there is one single newcomer reveal and nothing else, I'm betting on Skull Kid or Incineroar, as these two would need little explanation. They are not from unrepresented franchises, they probably won't bring a new stage or Assist Trophy with them, and they are more recognizable for casual audiences. They could be quick and easy reveals.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I think the characters most likely for the direct were either Skull Kid, Isaac or Incineroar.

Probably only one of them, but if we're lucky 2 of them would have been shown. I don't think anyone else is more likely, Geno would be one of the last reveals if he's in the game at all, same for any other big or obscure character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Skull Kid or Incineroar definitely would've been the most likely, though I was thinking a "Sun, Moon, and Stars"-themed trailer would've been nice to show Isaac, Skull Kid, and Geno :)

Also, sucks what happened in Japan. I went online, saw what happened, and had Japan in my prayers. I saw some jerks in the replies to Nintendo >:/

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
Definitely agree, IMO Sonic should have 4 reps when all is said and done. Sonic, Tails, Shadow (echo), and Eggman. Eggman would be another character that could potentially double as a boss AND a fighter.

Smash Apprentice
Some people are saying that the Direct was delayed because media in Japan that contains images or sequences of disasters is often not shown immediately following a similar disaster. I remember there was a Pokemon episode featuring Whiscash (a Pokemon that causes earthquakes) that was not aired because an earthquake had recently occurred. Obviously, the Smash newcomer that would probably feature seismic attacks in his trailer is Isaac-- and so I've seen a lot of people on reddit speculating that the trailer contained him.

I personally think that the Direct would be delayed no matter who the reveal was, but we'll see. I'd love for Issac to be revealed too, especially since that really doesn't affect Skull Kid's chances all that much.

Last edited:

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
Some people are saying that the Direct was delayed because media in Japan that contains images or sequences of disasters is often not shown immediately following a similar disaster. I remember there was a Pokemon episode featuring Whiscash (a Pokemon that causes earthquakes) that was not aired because an earthquake had recently occurred. Obviously, the Smash newcomer that would probably feature seismic attacks in his trailer is Isaac-- and so I've seen a lot of people on reddit speculating that the trailer contained him.

I personally think that the Direct would be delayed no matter who the reveal was, but we'll see. I'd love for Issac to be revealed too, especially since that really doesn't affect Skull Kid's chances all that much.
I feel both being revealed in the same direct is possible, so hints towards Isaac is just fine as far as I'm concerned.

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
Here to join the Skull Kid support group. Loved Majora's Mask. Hoping he gets in. =)

cybersai

Smash Ace
We know Skull Kid is in the game due to insiders, and we know he isn't an Assist.

He's either playable or a boss, and being a boss would really suck. I really hope Sakurai won't make the same mistake he made with Ridley in Smash U. I mean I don't expect him too, he knows the backlash from last time and he knows Skull Kid is a popular pick from when he had to quickly kill speculation with his Assist trophy reveal last time.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Could be that the Moon crashing down as a part of SK's trailer made this the delay

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
According to this person, it was because of a game:
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/1037738285240602624
I believe her, honestly. She's credible, but beyond that, I doubt either Isaac or Skull Kid (the two most rumored characters for this Direct) would show off that specific type of devastation that would make this hard to watch. I've seen people saying it could be SMT V, since the initial trailer showed widespread destruction of Tokyo? I imagine in a week or less, it'll become explicitly clear.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Lots of Nintendo staff likely had family and friends affected by the earthquake, recovering power could take a week or more and many are volunteering to help. Or going up north to be with their loved ones. There is an entire development studio from Nintendo based in Hokkaido, the epicenter.

Japanese social structure values life far more than, say, the US. A natural disaster happens for us and we barely blink an eye unless we're in it or our family is in it. This is very sad. It's no time to be thinking about videogames, I don't encourage SSB colored speculation about the delay as the simple answer is that lots of Nintendo staff is likely rushing to be with their loved ones.

What does this mean for the reveals planned? How about stop thinking about it and try to show some respect.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman

Stone Tower Temple

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
According to this person, it was because of a game:
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/1037738285240602624
"there will be a game that will be pretty clear is the reason for the delay"

Oh my god…
This is what I hate about this lady… Is she seriously implying that if it wasn't because of "that game" she talks about, we would've not gotten the direct delayed then? regardless of what just happened there? … is she seriously implying that THAT is the reason of the delay? *inhales deeply*… The direct WASN'T gonna air anyways, simply and only because of the terrible event that just happened, and Nintendo went under common protocol because of it, plain and simple, regardless of the content that there was gonna be in the direct. You don't even have to think about the content of the direct when something like that happens, THAT is enough reason to take the day off. Sometimes I wonder why her fans would even listen to such flawed mindset... There's NO way Nintendo would been like "Oh we don't have anything "earth" related in the direct, so let's air it anyways! hurr durr~", like no… seriously, she is implying Nintendo is that heartless if if wasn't just because of "that game" that then they would've aired the direct today.

I don't encourage SSB colored speculation about the delay as the simple answer is that lots of Nintendo staff is likely rushing to be with their loved ones.

What does this mean for the reveals planned? How about stop thinking about it and try to show some respect.
EXACTLY.

Anyways… let's get back to Skull Kid, have some fun… today was sad enough as it gets. lol

AugustusB

Smash Champion
"there will be a game that will be pretty clear is the reason for the delay"

Oh my god…
This is what I hate about this lady… Is she seriously implying that if it wasn't because of "that game" she talks about, we would've not gotten the direct delayed then? regardless of what just happened there? … is she seriously implying that THAT is the reason of the delay? *inhales deeply*… The direct WASN'T gonna air anyways, simply and only because of the terrible event that just happened, and Nintendo went under common protocol because of it, plain and simple, regardless of the content that there was gonna be in the direct. You don't even have to think about the content of the direct when something like that happens, THAT is enough reason to take the day off. Sometimes I wonder why her fans would even listen to such flawed mindset... There's NO way Nintendo would been like "Oh we don't have anything "earth" related in the direct, so let's air it anyways! hurr durr~", like no… seriously, she is implying Nintendo is that heartless if if wasn't just because of "that game" that then they would've aired the direct today.

EXACTLY.

Anyways… let's get back to Skull Kid, have some fun… today was sad enough as it gets. lol
I feel you! *hugs* Now lets talk about Skull Kid being a playable character!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
why does it look so weird though?
like it looked like Sakurai had been green screened into the image. and it's so bright. funny take on a "Leak" though.
but if it's real and in this coming direct we did get Skull Kid than I'd say this basically confirms Geno with those pillows. but I don't think they would go for the same kind of hint twice in a row.

My thought regarding the twitter post.
Oh science cat, I agree with you.
Anyways, something I thought of...How would the people feel if Skull Kid was called 'Skull Kid and Majora"?
I just imagined that being a possibility.

EDIT: Like imagine, Skull Kid fights normally, but starts to lose it when its Majora attacking via laser beams or tentacle whips. Like he is struggling to control it.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Anyways, something I thought of...How would the people feel if Skull Kid was called 'Skull Kid and Majora"?
I don't think it's a necessity. Majora is implied with Skull Kid; for example, isn't Olimar just called Olimar now, instead of "Pikmin and Olimar"?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That would be cool; maybe Skull Kid could take off the mask and show his actual face. He could lift it up in a victory screen or something.

As a stage entrance, maybe appear from darkness or something, or he simply drops in just before the mask floats down onto his face.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
That would be cool; maybe Skull Kid could take off the mask and show his actual face. He could lift it up in a victory screen or something.

As a stage entrance, maybe appear from darkness or something, or he simply drops in just before the mask floats down onto his face.
If his stage entrance is anything besides his first appearance in MM, with the mask fading in and him following suit a second later, Sakurai has failed.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

I could see him lifting the mask up as a taunt or victory pose.

The stage entrance, I could see just the mask fading in then skull kid appearing. Kind of how we first see him introduced in the beginning of Majora's Mask.

EDIT: Dang ninja'd by AnOkayDM AnOkayDM

Last edited:
Top Bottom