• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 12 Results

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
woo double last place... I tend to suck at tournaments. I play well but I always choke. And it would help if I had played Melee more than 4 times in the past 7 months before entering this. Still fun though but next time I should actually practice before going.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
This was such a good time. Definately don't make it Melee only.

Buu- Thanks for the kind words. I got camped to death in losers lol **** happens. Good talking to you and you definately have improved as well since we last played especially your DDD. We have to play next time.

OBM- Good job man. Come to NFB4!!!! lol jk forget it. Hopefully next tournament we're at we can get some friendlies in.

**** Tom- "Ah My Balls" haha too good. I'd like to do some friendlies next time I see you.

Darc- Good job as always. My Marth still needs work :0/.

Everyone else GG's.

Eggm

Smash Hero
For the record Jman admitted to me getting first since I 3-0ed him in winners then split grand finals. AT the last tournament he beat me in winners then we split grand finals so he got to be 1 on the results page, so this time please let me be 1. Thanks. ;) Also melee only next time sounds hot and amazing.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
good **** guys

nuro - gg's close matches. diddy was an interesting choice in grand finals though, caught me off guard a little bit.

dazwa - i wanna play you in tournament one of these days, we always seem to miss each other since the last mass madness. your zss looks sexier every time i see it though, stick with it. NE TOP 3 woo

jman - nice to meet you, seem like a cool guy. sucks we didn't get to play.

dj - close matches, i guess ike suicides kinda ruined that set.

fatal - gg's to you too, your snake got a lot better since the last time i saw it. not sure why you went ddd though, he does pretty bad vs gw.

buuman - daaaamn kit needs zss trainin, its aight though, i might be back next weekend so hit me up. keep gettin better.

darc - also didn't get to play you, sucks that the mk was bringin ya down. hope to see/play you soon

jj - dayum, nasty wolf, really had me goin on that first match, sucks your controller was f'in up, i'd like a rematch soon. where are you from?

lock - nice to see you again after all these years

icy - didn't get to play you, but i hear your olimar was tearin it up! good ****, keep reppin ct

nana - good to see you again as well, at least some people came from ct. sorry though i really can't bring myself to go to nfb (at least right now i don't think i'll go) until the tournout starts improving (the smash scene is a bit depressing in ct)

2hot4u - god daaayum nasty pika good "money match"

pinky - i get revenge from melee! ah well that matchup really isn't fair at all, ganon doesn't stand too much of a chance, good seein ya again though, good matches.

pwnage police - sorry i 9'd you >_> **** tom was naggin for it lol. if your in holden drop me a line on smashboards and i'll let you know when im in spencer again so maybe we can train or something.

jakeus - words cannot describe how amazing post party really was : ) see you soon.

everyone else, great seein you all again. good to see the brawl scene isn't dead at all.

if anyone wants to train w/ me im usually down for it. I go to school in lowell (with nuro and dj!) and i live in spencer on some weekends and winter break and stuffs. just pm me if you guys wanna train or something.

Almo

Smash Ace
i'd like to get better fast, but lowell/spencer is awfully far.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Shoutoutz time

Good **** MA.

Almo- nice seeing you/hanging out. I forgot we played Melee friendlies? We will have to play more. Good job beating people.

Dream Scythe - ggz. I knew brawl was gay but getting cg'd by IC is super gay. Good job on 9th.

Turtle? whatever falco I played in losers - GGz my friend. I up-b'd you with meta off the stage and then missed the legde so it was then a race to see who could not fall off the bottom first. then third game you gimped yourself (I helped a little). wish that stuff was recorded.

Jholla - brawl ain't the game for you my friend. *olimar dance* btw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-89MpgN2sQ

Wilco - sorry I didn't try that hard, but no johns. nice diddy. stupid bananas.

WHICH BRINGS ME TO: How in the hell did I beat TURTLE first round of losers bracket yet he placed 2 spots better than me?? (this is really weird)
And how in the hell did WILCO beat me 3rd round (or something) of losers bracket yet place one spot behind me??

Anyways

Nuro - ggz on 2nd. how dare you take brawl seriously at a tournament you paid money to enter

Dazzy wazzy - good seeing you man. fukken **** with zss. take me to friendlies next time.

Darc - aka hayes brothers pt 2 the sequel: this time it's personal. I love you thanks for being my friend I have none except for you.

milktea - hi

KenY - shit was CRISPY ROFL. good seeing you and nice team friendlies, we raaaape

Aesir - cheer up

Dave - lol first name basis. you are completely rad I'm sorry I ever thought you were mean-ish.

Banks - hugs

KDJ - you came for an entire mass madness WTF. good ****.

Ace - nice kind of meeting you!

Nana - same to you!

Matt.zeb - didn't I play you in team friendlies? I think I did and I downsmashed you like balls crazy.
But seriously, get somebody to help you run these. The waits between matches being called, ******** rules/seeding/general lack of any sort of organization is getting really old. If it's your tourney then you aren't there to play MMs and friendlies and dick off the whole time.

I didn't play any of my money matches haha. Lack of setups will do that...

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
If it's your tourney then you aren't there to play MMs and friendlies and **** off the whole time.

That's not even close to what I did @_@
The rules are just fine, they have hardly been changed.
The seeding has already been covered.
MM12 was the only tournament with poor organization since we tried to have 3 tournaments instead of the regular 2. Not doing that again.

I didn't play any team friendlies except for like 2 towards the start of the day. So if that's when we played then yes @_@

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
You're right you didn't **** off the entire time, just some of the time. Which is still bad >_>

The ruling/lack of ruling during the Jman/Nuro situation was not fine.

"I don't know how to seed" isn't an excuse, but whatever about that. Also can I see the brackets (re: Turtle's placement)?

The 3 tournaments can easily be run with a little more preparation and better time management.

Maybe I just have different expectations when it comes to tournies? *shrug*

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm just gunna go ahead and post this now

I'm gunna help Mat run future MM's from now on. I PM'd him a few days ago and he agreed that the help would be greatly appreciated. I haven't talked it over with him yet, but I plan to take a look at the stage list for brawl and add a few rules as well in hopes of avoiding the situation that happened with Jman and Nuro.

The stage list probably won't change much. Niether will the rules, but Matt isn't a brawl player so I figured if I came on to help him out it could help since I can deal with Brawl issues and he can ddeal with any Melee issues. It'll also allow him to be able to MM and have someone cover that is supposed to cover(I don't need to know the rules to be able to call matches.

I'm going to help him seed(and I'll make sure the brackets get a once over from someone like Dazwa to make sure no one get's missed.). There were a few issues at this tourney and I plan to talk to Matt and find ways to avoid them all. So anyone that had an issues with this tourney hopefully will feel a little relieved to know some one else is jumping on board to help out.

It's extremely difficult to run three tourneys in a day by yourself. We're all smasher and Matt wants to play as much as he wants to run. Having a second persn helping run things will get everything smoothed out and the next MM will run smoothly. Hopefully he and I can get get everything to go well.

I'll see all of you next Mass Madness I hope.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
You're right you didn't **** off the entire time, just some of the time. Which is still bad >_>

The ruling/lack of ruling during the Jman/Nuro situation was not fine.

"I don't know how to seed" isn't an excuse, but whatever about that. Also can I see the brackets (re: Turtle's placement)?

The 3 tournaments can easily be run with a little more preparation and better time management.

Maybe I just have different expectations when it comes to tournies? *shrug*
I would post the brackets but seeing as I didn't bring my computer to Game Universe and didn't bring the store computer home I don't have them. I'll post when I'm there next weekend.

I was really ****ing stressed/annoyed during the Nuro/Jman thing, and I know that's my fault so I'll take the blame for that.

And no Cog if you think we can run the 3 tournaments with our amount of setups and entrants then you try it at mm13 k?

Ace is the ****ing man for wanting to help too ^^

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Actually, speaking of people stepping it up and help run the tournament (which I will also gladly do if you need a hand, Ace), what happened to Cobra? I remember he wanted to become a major tournament host in New England and helped out at ESTICLE/Mass Madness the weekend they were both on...I miss him =(

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Actually, speaking of people stepping it up and help run the tournament (which I will also gladly do if you need a hand, Ace), what happened to Cobra? I remember he wanted to become a major tournament host in New England and helped out at ESTICLE/Mass Madness the weekend they were both on...I miss him =(
That is a good question.
=(

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Ace helping with the tourney is a good idea. I can also help as well, I was going to ask if you wanted someone to call matches for a bit and keep track of the bracket but idk I didn't heh :0/ If you need some help next time I'm all for it.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
Well what we could do is run brawl tournaments at same time for example.

Ace would run brawl, and matthew.zeb would run melee.

Have brawl singles overlap with melee doubles.

And have Melee singles overlap with brawl doubles.

This way someone like Dazwa (in a non-homo way) could participate in both singles.

Also Im delaying shoutouts. (I need to take ATs out of my shoutouts)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I don't think I'd want to participate in Melee singles though =(

If anything I'd love to be able to play Brawl singles and Melee teams, but I have issues transitioning between both games quickly without lots of practice in what I'm switching to.

WigZ I'm also delaying my shoutouts, cause I'm lame =(

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
That is true....but in reality I think its because I beat your pit with mah snakez!!! and you dont wanna say that in your shoutouts!!!

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Wigz you ***** my pit with your snake

I'm trying to think up some kind of "Snake pit" pun but I got nothing.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Well what we could do is run brawl tournaments at same time for example.

Ace would run brawl, and matthew.zeb would run melee.

Have brawl singles overlap with melee doubles.

And have Melee singles overlap with brawl doubles.

Running only 3 tournaments this time, we had almost no set-ups for friendlies nearly all day. How do you expect to manage 4? If Jamie allows it and Matt agrees, 2-day MM sounds like the way to go -- one day melee, one day brawl.

I never come expecting to do well in the tournament, but I do come expecting to have fun and maybe improve. This one didn't live up to my expectations as a Mass Madness (not the fault of anybody who helped run the tourney) because I played maybe an hour of smash for the 12 hours that I was there.

Spife

Smash Master
Shouties

Relax: good mm man, blame jungle japes on Kyu Puff. **** yo dk 64 though haha. We'll play a hell of a lot more when I'm not sick next time -__-

Skler: sorry about your dollar and not recording your tech but thanks much for the coaching advice.

roman: thanks for looking out for me at getting better/being sick and housing me for 2 nights. Hope I didn't cause any problems.

Questor: lulz nice tourny set and parkour as usual. I wish we could hang out more, oh yeah and I'm the winner of that Link ditto tourny

Banks: didn't get to play but I blame sickness and LLHS2 coming up. Lot's of matches then.

3x: didn't play either nor hang out enough, I blame the sickness :( good seeing you anyway

kyu puff: good **** against scar, we didn't play but we did talk

dudutsai: nice friendlies...bwahahaha hope to see you next time man

pef7: you woulda placed lower than me had you showed up anyway. Or we would have faced in tourny and done mewtwo dittos. And you would have won cause I would have forefitted. Much love much love.

Sky: good tourny matches, get wave shining under control so you can pressure more affectively and you'll probably beat me next time haha

Scar: NExt time I'll get my peso back! It was super cool being recognized man and I would have seeked you out even more but I was feeling to good.

Pixel: I think this was the first time we played, good ****, I'll find you next time and we'll do some friendlies.

KevinM: we didn't make love or cyber D: this upsets me. You could have atleast like touched my ****************************** but nooooo. always a pleasure to see you

Aesir: MY LINK IS GOD! Over your link and questors link >.> We should play more though :D

JFox: good friendlies, thanks a lot for the peach practice.

AOI: we almost played friendlies, I'll get at you at llhs2

MattDotZeb: Yes I am working on the shufflz just not a whole lot. More or less I'll make you ell me things that I need to know

That Samus I talked to while we were watching scar: I'm so great with names! Good **** getting back into smash.

I forgot everyone else...anyone I didn't mm or play, hunt me down at LLHS2 or Esticle, i shouldn't be sick then :D

Spife

Smash Master
Running only 3 tournaments this time, we had almost no set-ups for friendlies nearly all day. How do you expect to manage 4? If Jamie allows it and Matt agrees, 2-day MM sounds like the way to go -- one day melee, one day brawl.

I never come expecting to do well in the tournament, but I do come expecting to have fun and maybe improve. This one didn't live up to my expectations as a Mass Madness (not the fault of anybody who helped run the tourney) because I played maybe an hour of smash for the 12 hours that I was there.
QFT. I said it before, we need friendly set ups or a two day event. Good articulation Kyu Puff.

DreamScythe

Smash Rookie
I have to say, MM12 was a very rewarding experience for me, especially since it was my first tourny. Thanks and gg to all those I played, though I really don't know anybody to make any specific shoutouts to. I was honestly suprised at my placemnt, I thought I would be much lower. How I got 9th in Brawl Singles with most of my prior experience being practice against CPUs I have no idea, but I'll take it. Maybe it was the experimental IC ATs that I found and have been working with, maybe it was lucky matchups, or maybe it was the way I gayed up with Bthrow footstool CGs and fair spikes. Anyways, hope to see everybody at MM13!

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
^^^Thanks for the falling u-air tip in teams. I was totally gonna keep Falcon Punching at the singing Jiggs until one of them connected. :chuckle:

Spife

Smash Master
;_; @ Spife
OH MY **** ****!

MORE SHOUTIES! I WAS JUST KIDIDNG I RAN OUT OF ROOM ^_^;

Darc!: Darc you're milk! you're such a friendly person even though I was the one who killed Mrs. white. I cut off her head and stuffed it in your pillow. My b dawg. Just kidding. But seriously. Tourny match was wierd, I forget most of it, except getting upsmashed and thinking "Wait where did that percent come from". Lol at conservative fox. And now we're glasses buddies...FOR EVER

Dazwa: we didn't play but oh ho ho did we talk...some.

Milktea: have fun with a mac, I know I do, and lol at windows breaking every month. The only breaks I know are the ones in my car (that was lame)

BeyBladers: that was very very funny. Stay away from my kids though. Seriously.

OKAY NOW I"M FORGETTING SOME ONE AND THEY"RE FEELINGS ARE HURT LIKE DARCSBUT I RAN OUT OF ROOM AGAIN >__>;

Top Bottom