• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 15: The worst TO ever! PC Approved - April 18 and 19 - Framingham, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
the rule is designed so that if you plank you go over 70 and if you aren't planking, then theres no way in hell you'll get near this number. The average number of ledge grabs per match, normal match, is like 20. Its a rule thats probably going to become a standard soon, so i don't see why we don't give it a shot now.
agreed

and Grats on modness corey

PeanutSC

Smash Cadet
Hey I'm going to ask this since you're online and Darc is sleeping, and Darc would probably ask it when he sees the post, but are you the Starcraft commentator?

EDIT: Wait, you were the girl with the magic computer at that one Mass Madness and I said "AHHHH SHES A WITCH"? I think I remember now, lol

EDIT2: Fatal I might play some Brawl at Matt's, although I'll probably spend the fest practicing Melee for doubles. As far as I know though, I'm the only Brawl person going >_>

EDIT3: Matt, I'm iffy on the ledge grab rule myself, but you gotta use stage strike. It's so good.
Guilty on both counts. I have been known to commentate SC although I don't do it much anymore, and that was me with the tiny computer.

ParlNock

Smash Apprentice
Any new yorkers got room for a ride back? I am trying to get to NY for the tournament but might visit pimpuigi or any of the ny guys.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Guilty on both counts. I have been known to commentate SC although I don't do it much anymore, and that was me with the tiny computer.
Nus Cirtap and I will be sure to speak Mandarin with you. :3

I read an interview you gave, I didn't pull that from thin air.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Matt, I may be coming to your house with Joey for Friday night. Also, I'm bringing a full setup.

MM anybody?

Banks

Smash Hero
i can't go to the fest fatal, stupid friends work =( but see u saturday brohan brovloski

oh yea matt i am bringing two tv's on one condition, that at least one of them stays melee thru brawl singles. one tv will have a cube one will have a wii, i don't want some dunce unhooking my gamecube to use the tv. it STAYS. the wii can be used for brawl obviously.. in fact i only have one melee disc so unless someone has an extra it won't do any good for melee anyway.

i think a major problem last time was there there were hardly friendly tv's for the other game when a tournament was going on, which makes for angry one-gamers, brawl and melee alike

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'm probably going to bring a full set-up as well, and there's a TV just chillin in Boxman's van all the time, so unless he corrects me when I talk to him later, he's also bringing a full set-up.

Also, my set-up is to remain Brawl throughout the event because it's got infinite replays, and I want to upload vids from the tournament etc.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
the rule is designed so that if you plank you go over 70 and if you aren't planking, then theres no way in hell you'll get near this number. The average number of ledge grabs per match, normal match, is like 20. Its a rule thats probably going to become a standard soon, so i don't see why we don't give it a shot now.
Still not doing it, sorry.

oh yea matt i am bringing two tv's on one condition, that at least one of them stays melee thru brawl singles. one tv will have a cube one will have a wii, i don't want some dunce unhooking my gamecube to use the tv. it STAYS. the wii can be used for brawl obviously.. in fact i only have one melee disc so unless someone has an extra it won't do any good for melee anyway.

i think a major problem last time was there there were hardly friendly tv's for the other game when a tournament was going on, which makes for angry one-gamers, brawl and melee alike
This works. Also, you don't have to worry about friendlys. In the past we ran the 2 games off 10-13 TVs. In this MM we're running them off of 20. :D:D:D

can you put a note on the tv or something indicating that it is a recording station?
That's a good idea.
Anyone bringing recording equipment, can you do this?

The TV count:
3x1 - Spife
2x3 - G$, Ace, banks
1x11 - Me, someone from foy's car, proverbs, game universe, fatal, spawn, peach kid, s.b.soldier, dazwa, boxman, zoso.

20 so far.

Keep coming with the setups guys!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I didn't enjoy that one that had 8. >_> Good thing there's a decent amount of setups.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
There's a direct correlation with setups and manalords going imo. if manalords increase by 1 setups increase by nearly double.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I count 21. It's 1x12. Unless you just forgot to write someone's name down.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I count 21. It's 1x12. Unless you just forgot to write someone's name down.
Probably. I'll go back and fix it if I can't find who I'm missing e.e

Weird, I could have sworn I counted 22... And I don't know how KevinM snuck onto that list, he didn't say he's bringing one. So I guess it's 20.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
About Brawl Doubles

I said I'd consider it if we passed 20 setups, and would ultimately decide at the venue if there is time to fit it in.

So, yeah. We'll see.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Alukard I'm gonna start calling you "That Guy Who Plays Brawl (Doubles)."

LIST OF BRAWL NICKNAMES:
Dazwa - That Guy Who Plays Brawl
Alukard - That Guy Who Plays Brawl (Doubles)
Skler & KevinM - The Helga Pataki of Brawl
VanZ - Mr. Brawl
Darc - Counterpicking *****

who else is there...

Alukard

Smash Hero
yessssssss

i love doubles bro ... no matter wat game ... i also dont hate brawl seriously i dont ...

it just sucks 234827349485 times compared to melee ... =\

but its fun ... have u seen my ike/sonic/squirtle ... thought so XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom