• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 26 - KoreanDJ: there, Pine: Not there- $100 OOR Bonus for 1st!

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I vouch for a mystery tournament, $1-5 entry fee, 1st gets 70%, 2nd gets 30%.

By mystery I mean add a bunch of random games, modern and retro, and toss them in. Have people pull out different random games from a hat and compete against each other.

Spife

Smash Master
I vouch for a mystery tournament, $1-5 entry fee, 1st gets 70%, 2nd gets 30%.

By mystery I mean add a bunch of random games, modern and retro, and toss them in. Have people pull out different random games from a hat and compete against each other.
I like this idea. It'd be like that gameshow on nick with the video games and moving mikey. I forget what it's called. Those kids were so bad.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
If I had money, it would be a delight to come and lose it to y'all. As it is, that will have to wait 'til fall.

Dan, you'd better go and win.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
yo my dude matt, you should go early to the scene so we can play and so i dont have to stand out there all bymyself mad early

plz im gunna be there before the rooster crows

improbable

Smash Rookie
I'm a marth scrub, happy to throw away 5$ for kicks. Can't guarantee I'll make it time for doubles, but if I do I'd be happy to team.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Pro bracket and Amateur bracket have two seperate pots? Or they shared from the collective pot? Because then I don't follow why 4th and 5th place gets money in the first place. It should just be 1st 2nd 3rd for both Amateur/Pro bracket, or do 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th for pro and ditch the amateur bracket.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Pro bracket and Amateur bracket have two seperate pots? Or they shared from the collective pot? Because then I don't follow why 4th and 5th place gets money in the first place. It should just be 1st 2nd 3rd for both Amateur/Pro bracket, or do 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th for pro and ditch the amateur bracket.
OMG KDJ is actuallly going

cant wait to see dis dudeee

also we got problems, Mattdotzeb needs a ride to the venue.

someone help him a.s.a.p

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Yep, pretty much. I'm all set. I'll figure out how I'm getting home at the tournament.

Anyway, I just had a conversation with KDJ about moving it from top5 in Pro to top3 due to payment issues.
I'm of the opinion that, yes, with 35% of the pot going to Am and Venue dispensing 65% among 6 (two 5th place) players is thinning out the money a little much - if there is less than 30 players I'm willing to push singles back to Top3. However, if there is substantial amount of entrants (35+) I would like to keep it at Top5.
I'll be running the numbers for payouts at the tournament once I have a good headcount of the amount of entrants and most likely basing my decision upon that.

I would like to hear what everyone has to say about this because although (As much as I love Dan) one person is displeased with the dispensing of the money, this is a community thing.

When I'm not busy setting up doubles and announcing matches please feel free to come up and discuss this with KoreanDJ and I.
This is solely for the Pro singles payout, and has nothing to do with Doubles or Amateur singles payouts.

Banks

Smash Hero
i wish i could've gone, good luck to everyone

i need to switch my saturday shift to friday =(

Top Bottom