• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 27 - 9/10 - Framingham, MA

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
ROFL.
Shoutouts to Andrew for placing higher than me in Amatuer Bracket.
-DD

IcyLight

Smash Lord
First melee tournament in a few years, was getting pretty warmed up by the end of amateur bracket though...so should be able to place in pro backet next time :D

Banks

Smash Hero
tourney was tight

morgue and diesel - it took some brainstorming, but the best team name of all time was born on sept 10th 2011

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I stood behind you during your pools match with HaileyM.
I called you SausageTortoise and made LL references and cheered for Hailey and stuff.
-DD
I wasn't paying attention to the large crowd during that set at all. I was so focused on the matches, especially after I accidentally killed myself while trying to do Ganondorf Kick Down B, ANOTHER Double Jump, ARE YOU SERIOUS when I would have made it back to the stage easily. I didn't want to lose because of that mistake since I was in a good position beforehand, so I was probably playing harder than I did in any other games that day. All I remember was Boxman asking me "Are you a sorcerer?" after I won.

Nabo

Smash Rookie
Had a lot of fun and wish I could have stayed the whole time! I'm consistently impressed by how nice everybody is at these events. Probably gonna keep entering as Gary Oak. MDZ--I'll miss your awesome hosting skills!!

Shoutouts--

Pro Bracket
5: MacD: rainbow cruise owns haha =) I had a lot of fun playing you in pools
9: KevinM: nice meeting you!!! looking forward to more friendlies
9: Mafia: money match LOL
13: Andy: would love to get some more friendlies with you next time, nice to see you again
17: s l o x: had fun playing you in pools!
17: Diesel: you're such a legit guy haha good games in pools
17: WeaponX: thanks for awesome peach dittos and letting Greg and me borrow $10, we really appreciate it
25: Boxman: great to see you again! =)
25: Agro: good games in pools, it was fun getting crushed by you haha

Amatuer Bracket
1: Icy Light: had a lot of fun playing you in amateurs!
4: HaileyM: so awesome to see you =D congrats on all the gum haha
7: SOLAR: it was good to play against you again! your advice has been super helpful
9: X-Ia: sorry for leaving in the middle of the match/game lol
9: Tom: good to see you in person after talking about math a lot =) thanks for splitting the gum with me
17: Terranoia: good games in pools!
17: Egg$: YOSHIIII <3
25: Majority: nice meeting you/playing in pools, hope I get to see you again at future tourneys
25: Greg D: hi Greg!! ^^

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Icy Light: had a lot of fun playing you in amateurs!
Are you that peach i played in first round of amateurs? If you are, the games were definitely pretty fun :D We should get some matches in if we are both around next time! And what you said about everyone being so nice, I completely agree. It's a very nice change from the current brawl community, and the tournaments are much more enjoyable. If i keep going to tournies, I think melee is definitely the game i'll be playing.

Kevinm: Every time we play the matches are so close and i can never get the win. I'm going to get it next time!

Darc: Thanks for convincing me to keep playing ganon. He's too good :p

Dazwa: Isn't melee so much better? ><

Nabo

Smash Rookie
Are you that peach i played in first round of amateurs? If you are, the games were definitely pretty fun :D We should get some matches in if we are both around next time! And what you said about everyone being so nice, I completely agree. It's a very nice change from the current brawl community, and the tournaments are much more enjoyable. If i keep going to tournies, I think melee is definitely the game i'll be playing.
Yep that was me! Great to hear that you're coming back to melee :D

crush

Smash Master
1: KoreanDJ-ncie marf
2: th0rn- i liked your (flacos) shine bairs
5: MacD-Edd housed you?
5: Spawn-gg's in bracket was sad ( D: ) i had to play you
7: Bank$-gg's in pools manz0rz i dont even remember wat tha stocks/stages/characters were
7: Zoso-above average games in pools i started using ledge hop uair with marth again after seeing you do it + fun fact: when i was little whenever i played marth i didnt usually get up from the ledge, but when i did, i ledgehop uaired
9: Skler-one of very few to witness my ice climbers in action
9: Arc- fun fact #2: ARC productions made Friday by RB
9: KevinM- neveer got to see you play :/
9: Mafia-Orange
13: Andy-edgeguard ylink with dtilt
13: AwsmSean-SSeanswAmea <--- figure out that riddle thingy :D
13: Nuro-thank you for uploading project melees + ggs in bracket
13: Spife-mayB nxt t1m3 d00d
17: Blanky- was so awsm when you were four stocking boxman
17: s l o x - nice shoes
17: Diesel - the sets were best of 3 and th0rn hadnt lost yet. final destination was not his final destination
17: WeaponX- wat r peachs strong adn weak zones?
17: ycz6- you remind me of success nun
17: JDog - advice:spam lasers+paper (scissors is way too overrated)
25: Boxman - just wanted to let you know i voted for you when you ran for president
25: Mr Lemon - this tournament you looked exactly like darkdragoon except w/ acne and w/o sandwhich maker
25: Ryu Cloud - what did the asteriks meant before my name? (im not black)
25: Crush -BLOSSOM, BUBBLES, AND BUTTERCUP!
25: Yong - all you neeed to do is pick up marth and then you will be able to play every girl charactere in the game

others:
HAB- only because i forgot you last time + i am 87.5% sure you wont read this thread, which is the same percent chance of a pikachu in the wild being female.

Darkdragoon aka DD aka Edd aka Nick: thanks for jelping me + what is your opinion on ed edd and eddy being AT&T's spokespeople?

Chiltom aka CT aka connecticut aka connect 4 aka scrabble- dont call me jack, ive never seen one like that before
dont look at me like that
also your movement is kinda scrubby now go back to the old tom aka chiletom aka CT aka Connecticut aka connect 4 aka scrabble that was good at moving around the stage and didnt have a moderately bad haircut.

mattdotzeb-you could be the next steve jobs!

haileym-thanks for the bracelet i might buy another one if i can decide what designs i would like best + fun fact #3: in our match on yoshis story i only attempted a grab once the whole match, and that grab i landed at 0% and it ended up leading to a 0-death

mytummyhertz aka MTH aka math/myth/meth/moth: thanks for playing with me again and giving me a chance to test out my Clink

strawhats- Revenge Checklist
Jdog:Check
Strawhats:____

i want revenge!!!!!!!!!!
you and me could write a bad ............................ machinima?

the many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, nyannyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyan scar fans-fun fact #4(?) my shoutouts get randomer and randomer every tournament

fun fact #5: only two lady gaga references and zero awesome faces are in this post

fun fact#6: i am addicted to awesome faces

fun fact#7: I <3 fun facts

that reminds me
my new favorite image:

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Dazwa: Isn't melee so much better? ><
:dazwa:

shoutouts

1: KoreanDJ - I felt pretty happy taking the teams set, and then I felt really confident taking your first stock untouched......and then you took that all away from me in a single swoop. As a wise man once stated in the pantheon of the gods, GOOD **** KDJ

2: th0rn - I was really hoping you'd pull through and take KDJ after beating Dustin (although I was cheering for Dustin during your set with him, can't blame me for that <_<), and to hear you got so close in the process is great but still :(. you're putting serious work into this game and you're currently the number 1 threat I'm going to look out for in New England. Because you're both my kryptonite and you've ascended past your prime. Some SSJ2 **** or something, ask Hoggle he'll know.

3: Darc - I'm so confused by our set I don't even want to talk about it. You're kind of out of practice so I wouldn't sweat it but your Fox seemed unusually well-adjusted, especially with movement tricks while my Sheik stands there hoping to connect a stray f-tilt like a lazy *******.

4: MCZ| wWw juice.Dazwa - I probably should omit the majority of the team tags but it's too funny

5: MacD - Honestly I got really really lucky in our set, and I'm not referring to game 3 where I managed to get some absurd matchup played, but game 1 where you were clearly still groggy from falling asleep. There's kind of a big difference between "winning by 2 stocks" and "getting 3 stocked" and I had to resort to crazy matchups to avoid "getting 3 stocked" from repeating. That wouldn't have been viable without the game 1 grogginess, so, like I said, really lucky. Also good **** in teams teammate-in-law :D

5: Spawn - Man I really feel like I should have won our pools games, I don't know where I went wrong though and it's kind of frustrating. I mean sure picking Young Link was probably the start of all the madness, but they were really close sets and I thought I was advantaged by being well-versed in the matchup compared to most Sheiks who have never played it and only know the chaingrab-able portion of the matchup. But nope you beat me fair and square so I'll have to get Young Based Revenge next time.

7: Banks - You more or less already got my shoutouts via text but to re-iterate once again, I'm sorry for the confusion regarding the "No Chaingrabs" thing at the beginning of our set, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah and you probably would have won otherwise. I HAVEN'T however mentioned that I'm really proud of you and Billy finding legitimate team chemistry between you two. I remember talking to you about it a long time ago and to see you guys come this far is great to see. You guys have really picked up my slack as far as representing Maine goes, but I'm nearly 100% confirmed for re-boarding the Maine train.

7: Zoso - Unfortunately while I could go on and on about how we made so many technical errors in our tournament sets while you played nearly flawlessly in our friendlies, it's not really going to make a difference in the long run regarding your decision. I hope you pull a Dazwa and sporadically show up to stuff and destroy everyone's face. I'd be like "hey, hey, I know that guy" to someone in the crowd, and they'd tell me to **** off.

9: Skler - MAGISTRATE OF NOT GETTING ANY ****IN GUM AMIRITE. I can't remember the last time I saw you (I think it was that one Mass Madness long ago), but I'm sooooooo ****ing glad I went to this one because getting to hang out with you all weekend was a treat. If you and Pine were both here I don't think I could've handled it so taking it step-by-step for me was really mature of you guys and I appreciate it.

9: Arc - Yeah...Brinstar.......<____<. To be honest I didn't know what to do after getting mauled game 2, I had nearly resigned my tournament run mentally until I spotted Brinstar available and hoped for the best. I feel like I swindled you, but I was legitimately threatened and had to resort to Brawl-maneuvers. We should definitely team sometime though, you insist you're bad at teams but I'm sure we could wreck some face.

9: KevinM - The more I think about it, the more I realize..........wait, I barely hung out with KevinM at all this tournament. And he was there. and I was there. Long story short, I ****ed up. I apologize profusely and I'll see you next time fosho.

9: Mafia - I don't even know what to say. I think we had some legitimate team chemistry (with kinks that needed to be worked out), but I can't really fathom the fact that I teamed with someone I beat with Kirby in the same day. I just can't. It's paradoxical in nature and if I presented the situation to a robot it would explode due to divide by 0 error. Just run away and laser, ITS KIRBY

13: Andy - You seem like an awesome dude and you're keeping tabs on my brother. Therefore you're family, I think. Andy Hayes.

13: AwsmSean - man, I don't even remember. I think we reminisced about the AssManSean and you helped me warm up my Sheik after I decided going all Young Link was a poor career choice. That legitimately helped me out.

13: Nuro - same thing as KevinM, I can't believe we didn't hang out more.

13: Spife - YOU'RE THE ****ING ******* THAT BEAT MY YOUNG LINK. I HATE YOU.

17: Blanky - *pulls bomb*

17: s l o x - SLOCKS

17: Diesel - same thing as KevinM, but you're Maine (I think? or are you back in Mass) and I'm Maine, and I'm back in Melee and you're forever Melee so this will be fixed at a much faster pace.

17: Morgue - everytime you naired my boomerang I wanted to punch you in the ****. EVERY TIME. ****. nah seriously though, good games, and you helped put my mind in check with Young Link tomfoolery.

25: Boxman - Red Flaaaaame. I'm Miley Cyrus (swag). I'm Miley Cyrus (swag) I'm (swag) Miley (swag) Cyrus (swag) I'm (swag) Miley (swag) Cyrus (swag) Cyrus Cyrus (swag)

25: Crush - stop poopin ur pants

1: Icy Light - good **** on WINNING MORE MONEY THAN ME YOUFASNFDLANSDFLKNESWARLKNSE

3: Shawn - Your Falcon is pretty solid and your Falcon Punches are terrifying. The friendlies were fun and I hope we get a chance to play again!

4: HaileyM - TIGHT *** *****

7: Sora - THANK YOU YOUNG BASED LINK...but we didn't play any friendlies

7: SOLAR - Fun carride as usual, one day we should definitely team. At least to give it a shot. We should at least try to get a ****load of teams friendlies in too or something, even if I'm teaming with Dustin or w/e.

9: Tom - Funny story, I've actually been to the sun. Yeah, I was shot out of a cannon, into the sun. It happened once. Your teacher doesn't have **** on me :dazwa:

13: HotDogTurtle - one day....fire ludicolo.

17: MattDotZeb - great tournament, it's sad to see you go but life happens sometimes, I hope wherever it takes you it still allows you to look back on these moments fondly and remember the good ol days of using upB as an offensive move. Best of luck to you man.

17: Tichinde925 - wtf you destroyed me game 2 of the marth dittos I don't even know what happened.

25: Ice Arrow - yoooo I didn't know you played Melee, I'm glad to see that we have people entering the smash community and giving both games a shot. Although I heard you play ICs in Brawl now? So you're a jerk. I think.

25: DarkDragoon - PLAY SHEIK MORE OFTEN AND DO NEEDLE **** IT WAS PRETTY GOOD. Mewtwo is..........well yeah! It's not your Sheik!

CogSmooch - you didn't enter but I REMEMBERED YOU THIS TIME. YOU'RE SO COOL I WISH I WAS AS HIPSTER BEARD NON-BEARD AS YOU

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
Ok. Here i go.

Blanky - I'm proud of you. Mario!!!! Freaking ****!

Mr. Lemon - Finally out of pools!! Good Shiiieeetttt!!

Crush - 50 cents!! Not the rapper.

KevinM - Almost had me. 40$ is still mine.

Th0rn - sdjfhgydsbvgbff had you in pools and you almost walked away with 40$ vbfilhgislg -____-

Spife - Team Throw Shiiiiiiiyyyyyyyyytttttt!!! Link and Young Link <3

HaileyM - Didn't play you in singles but good game in teams. You and ChiliTom or uh chachachachacha hahahah showing us up LIKE A BOSS!

Darc - Don't ever talk about LoL to me =___= didn't even know what you were talking about

Dazwa - **** TIME FOR OFFENSIVE!! USE YOUNG LINK WITH SWAG!!

KDJ - Marth Marth Marth Marth x3

Banks - We will play next time >=)

Bolt - I hate you <3

MacD - Only played you in friendlies doubles!! D:

Exia - GOOD ****!!!!! Proud of ya also!!

Slox - Thanks for the compliments!!! =P

Andy - Next time!!! NEXT TIME!!!

AssManSean - "You're amazing!!" LMAO <3

And others that i didn't mention...WHERE YOU AT!?

Octave

Smash Ace
what does this have to do with anything?

hey, remember that time I JV-4 stocked you? it feels like it was just two days ago :troll:

and what about the time when you lost to the Squirrel when he was sandbagging and didnt l cancel?
Basically, I don't give a **** about what you have to say. *shrug* I've been playing ICs since Monday, and only had like 15 matches under my belt before the tournament with them.

Spife

Smash Master
i smell a rivalry between octave and crush
crush being jealous of octaves musically capabilities, and octave jealous of crush for hanging out with Kel all the time.

Octave

Smash Ace
i smell a rivalry between octave and crush
crush being jealous of octaves musically capabilities, and octave jealous of crush for hanging out with Kel all the time.
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool I wonder if he's too young to get that reference.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
TIL Prince of Fire sounded like a 12 year old. Or vice versa.
CogSmooch - you didn't enter but I REMEMBERED YOU THIS TIME. YOU'RE SO COOL I WISH I WAS AS HIPSTER BEARD NON-BEARD AS YOU
meh beards are so early 2011.

also shoutouts to the guy yelling "gayslanderword!" over and over again you're the paragon of maturity.

Spife

Smash Master
TIL Prince of Fire sounded like a 12 year old. Or vice versa.
meh beards are so early 2011.

also shoutouts to the guy yelling "gayslanderword!" over and over again you're the paragon of maturity.
is paragon a new evolution out of porygon???

also @Octave: he probably is, I think I'm almost to young to get the joke.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
1: KoreanDJ: Awww Yeah, hit me up for some melee every once in a while. Marth looking amazing, Double Marth team at Apex?

2: th0rn: Good stuff man, sorry to beat your falco in friendlies to give you dat doubt vs KDJ :troll: We definitely should play more, maybe you'll convince me to become good at teams.

3: Darc: Stop being lazy and play us more! My Lee Sin is better than yours cause full AD pages are not legit.

4: MCZ| wWw juice.Dazwa :younglinkmelee: Nice job coming back strong man. No worries about the Brinstar thing (was salty but in the end I should of just either won game 1 or banned Brinstar lol). Definitely felt like I had momentum after raging game 2 so it was a good choice. Maybe teams... Will have to play and find out.

5: MacD Maybe I convinced you I'm not that bad... maybe...

5: Spawn Sup Bro we didn't play.

7: Banks Sup bro, don't CP Brinstar against me like you saw Dazwa do in tourney plz. My kryptonite.

7: Zoso Ezreal is good right? Now that I'm playing again maybe you'll start coming every Tuesday again XD.

9: Skler Hey! We didn't play, but good stuff stomping your pool.

9: Arc :dazwa:

9: KevinM Didn't play, looked fresh though.

9: Mafia Stop being so bad. I saw your teams matches near the end and as usual it is nothing like how you typically play. Break that damn noob barrier.

13: Andy I play falco in tournaments.

13: AwsmSean GGs we should play more, that set was tight, sucked that you suicided at the end. Was a nail biter until then.

13: Nuro: GGs, surprised me game 1, we played terrible at the end of game 2, and RC... :mad:

13: Spife: I just walk, stuff parts for me. Now you know.

17: Blanky: Good stuff in friendlies, dat falco

17: s l o x: I BEAT ALL THE THINGS is all I heard when we had our tourney set. I wouldn't say something like that right before a tourney set lol, brings you down, brings me up.

17: Diesel: Miss you at Maf's already bro, hope you liking dat school break.

17: WeaponX Getting better, should come play more.

17: ycz6 Good Samus Bro, scared me in pools (dat Brinstar... dat jiggly... dat lame). I think if you wavedashed forward more to ftilt rather than always wavedash back you could of had a lot more wins. Less predictability!

17: Loki Beat my boy Mafia, too bad me and Th0rn too good at teams... (secretly)

17: JDog: Good stuff bro, I think you just need experience and playing better people so you can fine tune your spacing/ability. I don' think your limited by your technical ability at all, it's just realizing what is truly safe or not, and what approaches are worth it. IE play Zoso a lot and you realize how crazy precise (or trolly) you need to be to beat really good players.

17: Morgue Didn't Play

25: Boxman BOXMAN didn't play :(

25: Mr Lemon didn't play

25: Ryu Cloud I think I improved considerably (or at least not rusty) since the last time I played you in tourney. Would like to know what you thought. I liked a lot of your stuff watching you. I thought I saw a lot of stuff you did in friendlies ONLY fail in tourney because you hesitated way more. Don't give any respect in tournies when it comes to your reads bro. Act on them, your smart enough that you'll start avoiding when they aren't working in no time.

25: Crush :troll:

25: Yong D:

25: Agro D:

HaileyM: Thanks for the bracelet, gotta make that Counter in inverse colors for the next tourney awwww yeah. Sorry Tom sucks.

Tom: You suck.

IcyLight Ganon looking tight glad to see your back into melee.

GotPho: Nice seeing you again.

MDZ: Good **** last tourney (sure....) Sorry for not realizing how to seed pools properly. Thankfully you caught that and I was able to correct the pools I did quickly. Now I know!

Jamie: Feels Good Owner.

Too many people to keep going: Good **** all.

Top Bottom