• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 7: Return of Zorro. Framingham, MA. February 9th

unknownforce

Smash Lord
We'll do our best to set up all in one place... the main problem is that

1. We don't have that many outlets that aren't being used...

2. People need to bring in more powerstrips and extension cords..

3. Also the party is at noon and only in the back section... it was scheduled last year and it turned out that Brawl was supposed to be a midnight launch this night... :( then it was moved. I figured dealing with the party at the very beginning of the day would be ok if we were gonna be here that late...

Also we should have Brawl to play this week... they said shipping Monday at the latest so I would guess mid day wed or thu....

oh and we bought...

1. Smash Brawl X Japanese legit game
2. Japanese Nintendo wii
Yay!
Sounds good to me. Will we be able to hold a brawl tournament? Or will you need to keep the game free for anyone visiting?

Anyone who dosen't come to this is a digital dummy!

Elen

Smash Lord
So basically, BRING POWER STRIPS+EXTENSION CORDS PLEASE.

Banks

Smash Hero
how much non-money does it costto play brawl for free

srsl everyone who eners the tournament should get one match or something u can have a checklist
(ten bucks WTF)

Roman.

Smash Champion
I agree with Banks. Or like, if absolutely nobody is playing that payed, tournament registries should be able to but ones who did pay have more priority and can kick em off.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I agree with this... especially cuz there's a hosting fee right? But I can see the brawl setup being hogged by tournament people too. Hm.

real questions:
is there gonna be pools? plz yes.
if I bring a power strip/extension cord, and leave before the tournament's over, can you guys (elen matt tom) hold on to it? you can just use it for future MMs...

Elen

Smash Lord
I asked 2 questions.

Edit: Josh your brother has your package in his....
Is Johnholla making his epic return!? Also, not so sure to pools Cog. Definitely to holding on to anything for you.

JHoLLa

Smash Journeyman
whos johnholla? tell him his name is to similar to mine -JHoLLa
i hate when people make fun of my name ahh my life sucks cry cry cry

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Spongebob ***** brawl

So seriously who's MMing me again?

Ken y- 3 dollars total
Wigz- 5 dollars?
KK- 1 Dollar
Banks- 1 dollar

any more?

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Kevin, if I am there I will MM you $1.

Apparently I forgot my best friend is leaving for china the day of this, so I'm not quite sure if I'll be here. Oh well.

krazykirby

Smash Apprentice
Ya, I'll do it for a dollar, Kevin.

That's what she said! Zing! (No offense to any ladies present. <_< Cause I totally meant money match. Ya...)

lceman

Smash Cadet
Shouldn't the tournament date been pushed back a month since it was originally supposed to be the day before brawl's release in the U.S. So the date of the tournament should be March 8th.

lceman

Smash Cadet
wtf Iceman just made me notice I'm still premium. I thought it ran out >_>
you misspelled my name darc, or should i say "dorc" anyways its lceman not "Iceman." :laugh:

Anyways back on topic, can somebody be my friend and buy me a premium account. I'll do anything other than %$@# (rhymes with putt) sex.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
So when are the rest of you noobs gonna finally get Brawl? =P Also, what are the chances of Game Universe holding a Brawl tourney at this event?

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Just played Brawl today. Not what I thought it was going to be.

Sheik is low tier.

Falcon is BOTTOM tier.

The music is beast.

The stages are amazing.

ROB is good.

G&W's Octopussy of DOOM is too good.

Wario is surprisingly fast.

Pit's not bad.

Marth can't do a Ken combo.

Falcon's Up Air is an instant cancel when landing, but it sucks, so it doesn't matter.

Falcon's Knee, when in impact, does spark electricity like melee, but the timing is weird and it sucks.

Zelda is better than Sheik.

Updates later on.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
maybe no1 would complain about brackets if they didnt have to deal with this

tell me this... only 3 were to advance and there was ...

Pine, Pat/pro, velocity, and zoso in my pool AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh

and in one of the other pools i saw thorn then matt.zeb was next best and there were a bunch of scrubs after that

lceman

Smash Cadet
Just played Brawl today. Not what I thought it was going to be.

Sheik is low tier.

Falcon is BOTTOM tier.

The music is beast.

The stages are amazing.

ROB is good.

G&W's Octopussy of DOOM is too good.

Wario is surprisingly fast.

Pit's not bad.

Marth can't do a Ken combo.

Falcon's Up Air is an instant cancel when landing, but it sucks, so it doesn't matter.

Falcon's Knee, when in impact, does spark electricity like melee, but the timing is weird and it sucks.

Zelda is better than Sheik.

Updates later on.
As long as the game is good I'm happy. However i think it will be cool if new characters become top tier that weren't in melee, so that the smash series can get a fresh start.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
maybe no1 would complain about brackets if they didnt have to deal with this

tell me this... only 3 were to advance and there was ...

Pine, Pat/pro, velocity, and zoso in my pool AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh

and in one of the other pools i saw thorn then matt.zeb was next best and there were a bunch of scrubs after that
that looks like a round 2 pool. >_>

But I vote for pools!

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Shouldn't the tournament date been pushed back a month since it was originally supposed to be the day before brawl's release in the U.S. So the date of the tournament should be March 8th.
Who says there won't be a tournament that day too... ;)

Also... the $10 for an all day pass fee for Smash Brawl will be for days other than this tournament...

As a compromise it will be $2 to play as much as you want during the tournament. We will give out wristbands or something similar. That should help us with the cost of the game and system and you guys can feel like you can afford to do it when there's so many people. :)

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
yeah pools is awesome. i feel that, put lots of fox players in my pool. or like links. yeah i feel that
i'll take scrub sheiks who crouch cancel too much. *cstick*

As a compromise it will be $2 to play as much as you want during the tournament. We will give out wristbands or something similar. That should help us with the cost of the game and system and you guys can feel like you can afford to do it when there's so many people. :)
Awesome, thanks!

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
As long as the game is good I'm happy. However i think it will be cool if new characters become top tier that weren't in melee, so that the smash series can get a fresh start.

Game's aight (better than I thought after hearing about no l-cancelling, etc.). Still fun. Madd funny how every1's worried after Dan's comment.

Speaking of which, from your comments, I can't tell if you've played it or are just goin by videos/makin random statements =P. Falcon does suck though. Hit me up on AIM at a NORMAL hour. =P

Also, so no Brawl tourney @ this thing, right?

Top Bottom