• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness: Daz Madness! Melee and Brawl - April 18 and 19 - Framingham, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Matt are you running Melee pools? And if so can I be in pools with retardedly good people in them? Like I wanna be in KDJ or PC Chris' pool or something. Or KevinM's pool so he can watch me suck and tell me everything I'm doing wrong.

Almo

Smash Ace
prayers don't work retroactively

you have failed the east coast it is all your fault
sorry.

idk, i just dislike mango. i think m2k was silly for going cf, but i'll still root for him every single time he and mango play.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Btw, Matt, can you please arrange it so the results can be uploaded to AIB? I hate how most of these tournaments don't have brackets and results shown. I don't see how it would be hard to find some way to save them to be uploaded later on.

Almo

Smash Ace
someone teach me to be good at melee. i have a strong desire to play melee all daylee.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Btw, Matt, can you please arrange it so the results can be uploaded to AIB? I hate how most of these tournaments don't have brackets and results shown. I don't see how it would be hard to find some way to save them to be uploaded later on.
Someone should take care of that for me, I don't wanna go to that site lol

Almo

Smash Ace
yeah. it's like...idk. i'll still go to brawl tournaments, i just don't think i'll take them seriously anymore. i'm never going to be good at that game. granted, im worse at melee at the moment, but after watching the RoM losers finals set, that just did me in. mew2king is too good.

i'm going to do some intense marth practice with getting back into it. but seriously, get me good at this game. i'm still terrible.

Almo

Smash Ace
nah i'll still play brawl. i'm just switching sides in that i want to get better at melee instead of brawl.

Sox

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably go to this next one for some melees

Almo

Smash Ace
I can't tell when or if I get better at Brawl, but I can clearly tell with Melee.
same. i lose to people in brawl that i'm better than all the time.

it's happened alot less in melee and i've been playing melee for a significant more amount of time than brawl. i can only think of a few instances where i shouldn't have lost. no johns.

I bet john doesn't even play brawl :p

i do like a fair amount of the people that i've met from brawl though.

EDIT: and scar's officially my hero. i just watched winners finals of RoM. i hate puff too!

Banks

Smash Hero
i'm not implying you aren't actually better than who u are talking about almo, but i'm curious as to how you would lose to people who are not as good as you since there are no freak 0-death situations or gimps, and it's incredibly hard to suicide

unless its the FD lip...

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Brawl can be, at times, ambigous as to legit skill.

If I played you in Melee you'd tear me apart. If we played in brawl it'd be a close match. It'll often be a close match, because of the lack of garunteed and true combos. Make it feel like skill is really close and people will often lose a set when they felt it was close enough that they could have taken it.

It's odd, and makes more sense the more you play.

(Not to try and say Almo's wrong. I've had the "I'm better than him, I shoulda won" sets too.)

Almo

Smash Ace
i'm not implying you aren't actually better than who u are talking about almo, but i'm curious as to how you would lose to people who are not as good as you since there are no freak 0-death situations or gimps, and it's incredibly hard to suicide

unless its the FD lip...
i had a giant wall, but just deleted it because i came off sounding like a complete Brawl hater, which i'm not. I'm just going accept the fact that i lost, even if i'm unhappy with the results and know i could have played better. And btw i did suicide once which basically cost me the set.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

unless its the FD lip...
How about when I play a Rob that literally just camps and spot dodges and downsmashes then runs away and camps some more. (insert any character in here for Rob)
I feel like that doesn't take much skill but I get so frustrated and annoyed playing against it that I lose.
But then again maybe brawl skill = running away and camping and shiz

?

who cares

Banks

Smash Hero
i think you can be good at brawl (azen) or camp-good at brawl (plank) >___>

cog, you should just rob ditto him and do the same thing but better LOL

and ace you'd beat me in brawl especially if you play diddy, to me he seems like a flurry of 'wtf' =p

Rainy

Smash Apprentice
I've actually been inspired to play Melee as of late too, but I'm kinda a traitor to my coast because whoring Mango vids was what got me really into the game D=

I suck though so I need like 50 years to practice. I keep bugging Matt with texts about how much i suck and how i want to get better ;_;

Banks

Smash Hero
I cp'd olimar and threw probably 400 pikmin at him
LOL that's the ticket

we haven't played melee in quite a while cog, let's set aside a cozy corner at this one

@ rainy, just play a lot of friendlies at any tournament and you will definitely get better, so many people have gone from nub to pretty good after like a couple tournaments of learning

Rainy

Smash Apprentice
@ rainy, just play a lot of friendlies at any tournament and you will definitely get better, so many people have gone from nub to pretty good after like a couple tournaments of learning
Maybe I'll try to go to Melee day too and like ***** friendlies and get *****.

Rainy

Smash Apprentice
You guys might be underestimating how bad I am at melee.

I might be the worst Melee player ever.

Here's a video of two matches between me and Etherlight:

Link

No, he's horrible too, but I make him look like ****ing M2K.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
i wanna **** brawel ppl in melee

and then playbrawl and still **** them

and then they be all like =(

LOL i ****
I was the first person you raep'd at Mass Madness
I guess that's worth something
we need to do srs friendlys at this thing.

Rainy you just didn't fair enough
gotta space that ****

EDIT:
ronam I now play Doc
teach me your fair-y ways

Banks

Smash Hero
i think you just called roman a fairy

lol rainy you don't look like the most terrible player ever, i've seen worse....much worse. u just need that tech skill brah

NOHK

Smash Apprentice
question, will there be another mattapalooza pre MM15?? cuz once again, i did not make the first mattapalooza D:

10butttouches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom