• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Massachusetts Institute of Tech Skill

Elen

Smash Lord
I mean, it's really not that big a deal, but I figure it's mostly legal as a joke. It does tempt me to go ice climbers and do this to some poor guy.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
Not that this will actually happen, but can freeze glitch be used for stalling? I figure you have to damage them, unfreeze and kill them to avoid it being considered match stalling, but I'm not sure if that was the intention here. I definitely think this should be clarified JUST IN CASE!

That's generally the only reason I feel it should be banned, since it's hard to argue the setup isn't hard enough to get to at least deserve a stock.
As of April 10th, I heard (from ycz) it will be legal to time someone out by freezing them. (I assume it will also be legal to SDI up out of regrab range if you get frozen and are up a stock, etc.)

In other news, I'm going to be making the trip to this. Hype!

Aber

Smash Journeyman
I will be staying at Becker in Worcester with Pyn this weekend and we're trying to go to this if anyone is passing through Worcester or even somewhat in the facinity it would be awesome if we could get a ride..........We can of course chip in gas money and even meet people somewhere if neccessary

Elen

Smash Lord
SWAGG3 - Poke Floats legal
HoG 10 - 3 stock matches
MITS - 6 minute timer

MM4a has it's work cut out for it.

I think 6 minutes is okay though.
Easy. We'll ban ice climbers, and require in game music off.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I am assuming that freeze glitch would be banned over 300 percent just like wobbling is for the same reasons that the other mentioned tactics are.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
This doesn't really make any sense.
What doesn't make sense, its possibility or its practicality?

you can freeze glitch someone, then bthrow and fthrow them to killable damage, then regrab with popo then nana fsmash/usmash for the kill at something like 130 for every character on any stage regardless of position. Allowing stalling with freeze glitch would genuinely be a pretty bad ruleset, because it would require only 1 grab while you are ahead to win, whereas a pure wobbing win would require at least 4 grabs on separate stocks while over 30 percent.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
[COLLAPSE="I contributed nothing with this post. I don't want to distract from the tournament hype; I apologize"]
What doesn't make sense, its possibility or its practicality?

you can freeze glitch someone, then bthrow and fthrow them to killable damage, then regrab with popo then nana fsmash/usmash for the kill at something like 130 for every character on any stage regardless of position. Allowing stalling with freeze glitch would genuinely be a pretty bad ruleset, because it would require only 1 grab while you are ahead to win, whereas a pure wobbing win would require at least 4 grabs on separate stocks while over 30 percent.
Oh, I understand the motivation behind banning freeze glitch stalling (you think it hurts gameplay or competitiveness in some way). I just meant your post didn't make any sense.

Yes, you can stall out the match with the Freeze Glitch if you like. Good luck!
First of all, the TO already said freeze glitch stalling is legal.

Second, the 300% rule doesn't make sense as a way to stop Freeze Glitch stalling because (unlike wobbling) there is no minimum damage per second required to freeze stall the opponent, so enforcing a damage limit doesn't enforce a time limit. (So the ICs player could damage you up to 250% and then just sit there, securing the win by time-out.)

Third, the "for the same reasons that the other mentioned tactics are" was confusing because it made it sound like the other tactics (what does this refer to? Peach wallbombing?) are banned over 300%, haha.
[/COLLAPSE]
Anyway, hope to see you here tomorrow! It might be a long trip, but it's free venue, so you really don't want to miss this tournament. :)

Elen

Smash Lord
I also found the post a bit confusing considering the TO had already mentioned stalling with the freeze glitch was allowed.

Also, even if freeze glitch over 300% was against the rules, you can easily smash DI into an un-grab-able location if you're the frozen character.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Also, even if freeze glitch over 300% was against the rules, you can easily smash DI into an un-grab-able location if you're the frozen character.
You can dthrow and bthrow with the ICs to rack damage while they are frozen and SDI has no effect.

Elen

Smash Lord
You can dthrow and bthrow with the ICs to rack damage while they are frozen and SDI has no effect.
Apparently you're right. Never knew missed that in your previous post.

See you guys in a few hours!

:phone:

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
I saw MeleeAtlNorth upload videos from a tournament titled "Massachusetts Institute of Tech Skill" and I figured it was ycz. Good ****, I dig the name.

Top Bottom