• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Massing a Force For Oncoming Onslaught: The New Pit Doubles Discussion

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
duh. double pit is a great team. soooo gaaaayyy. double plank stops hella shiz plus long lasting multihit moves with high priority do pretty well in doulbes. plus double pits know how to set up each others' kill moves. bthrow>bair etc. not to mention 2 pits shooting down one person offstage is like a guarenteed gimp plus just the gimping game in general makes it good enough.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
duh. double pit is a great team. soooo gaaaayyy. double plank stops hella shiz plus long lasting multihit moves with high priority do pretty well in doulbes. plus double pits know how to set up each others' kill moves. bthrow>bair etc. not to mention 2 pits shooting down one person offstage is like a guarenteed gimp plus just the gimping game in general makes it good enough.
I like the arrow off stage part lol ****!

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Eevee teh sex mang.

orgee?

Black and white should of made a Flying type and Fighting type evee...

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
lol @ abel jumping on the eevee bandwagon without even knowing why I did

Fighting and flying types aren't even elements so that would be stupid, abel.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
lol @ luckay for not knowing im a troll and everything I say or soing shouldnt mean anything at all

jgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyethjgk;dfnbionjuer[gtjuvi9uttttteripgvnutiperwhgtyre5whyeth

fUddO

Smash Ace
Looks like he doesn't arrow camp at all, and only uses arrows to help out his team when Marth was recovering. Lots of SH Fair, probably to stop 'nado approach (that one fair was clutch), and LOTS of Dair. He used mirror shield in an attempt to gimp all the time, and rarely tried to kill through conventional means. The go-to kill move seemed to be Bair. He pretty much played an aerial Pit, which doesn't seem to be the standard. Nair OoS looked good, although Utilt seemed better in a lot of cases. Also, first priority seemed to be saving his team mate, which seems like a good idea, since Pit is definitely a support character. I'd like to see some more recent Earth vids; I wonder if that's the way he normally plays the MK matchup.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it's all about masashi vs kobayashi for th mk match up. those are the most recent vids of masashi playing ive seen around. and earth was being way too aggro for pit in doubles. didn't even really plank and he approached, which pit does not do in doubles except when he is assisting his partner for a kill

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
it's all about masashi vs kobayashi for th mk match up. those are the most recent vids of masashi playing ive seen around. and earth was being way too aggro for pit in doubles. didn't even really plank and he approached, which pit does not do in doubles except when he is assisting his partner for a kill
I went back and watched those masashi vids and he plays it like i do. It's very ground and momentum/juggling/pressure oriented. Not so much stalling or waiting out but taking punishes that present themselves. I've been studying masashi's playstyle and his rolls can sometimes get predictable but i want to try to implement them more like he does. There was one vid where i called every roll b4 it happened which shouldn't be happening imo. Nonetheless he gets away with 90% of them and so did earth against coney. So it's worth looking into.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I'm starting to think I should roll more lol. I think I'm more predictable when I only roll under pressure which is why people always catch my rolls.

fUddO

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Pit has the 3rd best rolls in the game (Froll) after Lucario and MK. Froll into Jab or Utilt has become one of my favourite tactics. <3 the Masashi jab cancel Frolls into jab cancel Frolls

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
at low percents we can fthrow>froll>and be at the exact spot neccessary to get a regrab. i wonder if we buffer froll out of fthrow, and then buffer grab out of froll, if that would be inescapable like MKs buffer dtilt lock thing.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Froll sounds like some kind of pastry.

Probably jelly filled.

Also, something else I was messing with the other day (among others): If timed properly, reflected Aura Sphere makes for one hell of an edgeguard. Pit ground releasing to a rapid jab can very possibly yield a Warlock Punch. Pit can set up Judgment really really easily, and cover the possibility of a 1. Chef spike can lead to Pit's DTilt near the ledge if spaced properly.

Frame advance is god tier.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
What do you guys think about Peach and Pit? I might try to grab a doubles partner and this team seems like it'd be decent.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
wow that team would own ****. so much camping.... so much UNSTOPPABLE CAMPING. god i would love to see this go down.

also for note, esca and jerm are developing an entirely new level of gay as they are doing doubles at HOBO tomorrow with pit and tl.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Pit+Toon Link

Discuss.

(also as a side note to fUddO, yes, I'm switching completely to TL. I'm tired of getting gayed by stages, and doing poorly on FD. TL's bad stages are... what... Japes? That's about it. And I am learning all his shenanigans, no worries.)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
LOLOLOL

tl does not suck at japes. you can camp dat platform all day not mention both TL and link can z-edge scrooge that stage making for a great escape.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I don't like never being able to kill. But that's just me.

That's the thing. TL's "bad stages" are entirely based on how the player plays. He has no real bad stages. I could actually see him doing really well with Pit.

Actually, something I thought, TL has a shenanigan (I refuse to call them ATs) where he Z drops a bomb, DACUS, thus grabbing the bomb with the dash attack, and follows up the US with the bomb, and then maybe a string of BAirs. Since Pit has such amazing aerials, I could see that being pretty useful. Also, disrupting with a bomb for Pit to land the BAir should be easy enough, perhaps timed well enough so that if they airdodge, Pit's BAir grabs the bomb, and they get hit with the sourspot, then Pit can throw the bomb and TL can follow up with something.

Also I'm sure Pit has some sort of way to set up safe spikes for TL. Just have to find them.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ya i've always thought this team had potential. the only thing is it requires a lot of practice so that they don't screw each other over with their individual projectile games.

as for spike set ups, pit's dthrowat the edge would work just fine for that.

pit loves using bombs, TL loves combo-ing out of arrows. and ya that thing with the bomb dacus watever sounds like a kill combo waiting to happen. also, since your arrows and dash attack jab lock (i think) if you hit some1 with a bomb we could WOI them and then you could lock them and from there we get some crazy bomb stool WOI catch mega/ultra/giga combo out of forced get up.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, arrows lock. Also, guaranteed FSmashes in this MU, since Pit can just arrow them after FSmash 1, knocking them back into the second hit. Take that, SDI.

Actually, this might make Japes better, since now I can kill off the side.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Yeah, arrows lock. Also, guaranteed FSmashes in this MU, since Pit can just arrow them after FSmash 1, knocking them back into the second hit. Take that, SDI.

Actually, this might make Japes better, since now I can kill off the side.
So you're committing to TL? I'm gonna pull my hair out if you switch AGAIN before COT5.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
okay guys, i wanna have a long serious talk about the team we should all be able to perform with should we ever attend and team up at the same tourney.

TEAM DOUBLE PIT
wat is your opinion on this team?
wat are it's pros? it's cons?
wat are some good overall tactics for this team?
what are good stages for this team? why?
what are stages to avoid (don't talk about YI as im making a thread about it in 5-10 mins after i eat some lunch. we have underestimated this stage guys. i can effectively argue it as one of pit's BEST stages to counter pick SEVERAL IMPORTANT(ish) MATCHUPS.)

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Yoshi's Island?......really Maharba? I will anticipate that thread lol

Anyways double Pit is okay, but kind of lacking. Pit is great support, but someone needs to handle most of the attention from opponents and Pit can get overwhelmed by certain characters.

With that being said, it would be neat if something like this was actually useful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hls_PSF50A

If Pit could airdodge it before the final impact, you could have a crazy projectile

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
but think of double planking and ledge hop arrows..... it would be SOOOOOOO GAY GOOD. also since pit has high priority attacks, if they stick close together or do the one supports the other thing, pit can 2v1 really well with nair, jab, dtilt, utilt, and AR. plus think about this:

offstage the opponents are screwed. double arrows. nuff said.

however it's true that this team does lack in ways, overall tho i think it can be pretty successful

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
okay guys, i wanna have a long serious talk about the team we should all be able to perform with should we ever attend and team up at the same tourney.

TEAM DOUBLE PIT
wat is your opinion on this team?
Super annoying. Both of them on the same side shooting arrows would be disgusting for people.
wat are it's pros? it's cons?
Pros: Can gimp, can juggle well. Can plank well and be super safe when it wants to.

Cons: Arrows can hit partner when just trying to help which can make a turn for the worse. Kill power is about average. Will probably be so annoying that people will go gaw or mk game 2 just to shut the team down.

wat are some good overall tactics for this team?
Arrow spam is pretty much it. Get them offstage and rain on 'em.

what are good stages for this team? why?
FD, Pictochat, Japes, Smashville, Halberd because they're long, easy to recover on, easy to plank and don't have much that will mess up arrows.

what are stages to avoid (don't talk about YI as im making a thread about it in 5-10 mins after i eat some lunch. we have underestimated this stage guys. i can effectively argue it as one of pit's BEST stages to counter pick SEVERAL IMPORTANT(ish) MATCHUPS.)
Yoshi's, Battlefield, Castle Siege, Delfino

Less space = Pit can't spread his wings.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
thank you luckay. very good summary. alright but anyways i was basically hoping for this kind of summary so i could start showing you guys why pit kirby is the best team that pit will ever have. i honestly think it is as good/better than pit MK for most matchups even tho MK is MK so maybe not.

Super annoying. Both of them on the same side shooting arrows would be disgusting for people.

Pros: Can gimp. Can be super safe when it wants to.

Cons: Arrows can hit partner when just trying to help which can make a turn for the worse.

Arrow spam is pretty much it. Get them offstage and rain on 'em..
now to add to that:

to add to what luckay said. pit and kirby firing arrows from the same side is bull**** as when kirby is drawing back on his bow, he is just low enough that pit's straight arrow goes over him. so when kirby stands in front of pit and pulls back his bow, pit shoots an arrow, and then kirby releases his arrow. it is the gayest/best camp tactic on the planet. (LUCKAY if you could post a vid of this i would really appreciate it as im sure you are the most capable recorder/performer atm)

kiby has insane grab range and insane combo/kill set ups with those grabs. not to mention his fthrow (and possibly his other throws) sets up this team's lock infinite

kirby has good kill power in that fsmash of his so killing is made easier for this team.

if you are against a team that has an amazing B power that particular match (kirby with falco lazers camping with pit is amazing, kirby with nades and pit is amazing, kirby with nado is amazing in general, let alone with arrow support)

with arrows, kirby is an ultra gimp machine. he already has a bs WOP let alone with arrow gimping. my partner blaze in cali mastered kirby arrow game and i can tell ya pit and kirby supporting each other with loop combo continuation is just scary bull**** good. plus, pit can wing refresh chase people off stage while kirby is shooting arrows at them and that right there ladies and gentlemen is the greatest gimp tactic ever. it can also be done the other way around with pit supporting offstage kirby WOP.

so with that in mind, will some1 try out this team that can soon prove me right on its epicness? im so serious when i say double arrow is hax with these 2.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
What happens when people go GaW Maharba? He's a common doubles character and already one of the worst matchups for both Pit and Kirby plus double arrows means more OHKO buckets.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
well luckay it's not like we can't just switch kirby out for a differant character. but the team still kicks ***. besides, that's when we switch kirby to metaknight or donkey and ill possibly switch marth (im refering to me and blaze. we both hate game and watch with pit/kirby so he always swithches. so i agree, the team has like 2 legit counter characters). it's just something you gotta be ready for. every1 knows the only "perfect" team is double MK. but come on, just because g&w can counter the team does not make it inviable like you are making sound like you think it is.

Top Bottom