• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Massive Crossover Fighting Game Roster.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Anyone here artistically inclined? I'd love to see some crazy box art like this:

with more franchises involved.

Also, I wonder what a game like this would be called, seeing that Nintendo vs Capcom vs SEGA vs Namco vs Konami vs Square-Enix vs Ubisoft etc... seems like overkill.

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
I tried to keep the number of characters per company equal.

Nintendo:
Mario
Link
Red (Summons Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise)
Samus Aran
Kirby
Donkey Kong

Sega:
Sonic the Hedgehog
NiGHTS
Billy Hatcher
Aiai
Bayonetta
B.D. Joe

Namco:
Pac-Man
Lloyd Irving
Valkyrie
Nightmare
Heiachi
KOS-MOS

Capcom:
Mega Man
Ryu
Phoenix Wright
Amaterasu
Jill Valentine
Morrigan

Square Enix:
Cloud Strife
Lara Croft
Sora
Neku
Agnes
Crono

Konami:
Simon Belmont
Snake
Bomberman
Goemon
Frogger

Ubisoft:
Rayman
Jade
Ezio
Prince
Aurora
Rabbid

Sony:
Sackboy
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Jak and Daxter
Sly Cooper
Ratchet and Clank

Microsoft:
Banjo & Kazooie
Gruntilda
Master Cheif
Conker
Battletoads
Joanna Dark

Indies:
Shantae
Shovel Knight
Commander Video
Meat Boy
Yooka & Laylee

slambros

Smash Ace
Anyone here artistically inclined? I'd love to see some crazy box art like this:

with more franchises involved.

Also, I wonder what a game like this would be called, seeing that Nintendo vs Capcom vs SEGA vs Namco vs Konami vs Square-Enix vs Ubisoft etc... seems like overkill.
Who is that guy with the station his chest? I think I should know who he is.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Captain Falcon and Marth over Kirby and Pikachu? Fire Emblem and F-Zero are nowhere near as popular as Kirby or Pokemon

For Nintendo, do :4mario::4pikachu::4kirby::4link::4bowser::4samus: We can only pick six right?

Last edited:

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Elma, Kirby, Samus Aran.

Namco: Pac-Man, Lloyd Irving , Heihachi Mishima, KOS-MOS, Klonoa, SRX.

Capcom: Ryu, Megaman, Morrigan, Amaterasu, Asura, Albert Wesker.

Sega: Sonic the Hedgehog, Alex Kidd, Jack Frost, Teddie, NiGHTS, Akira Yuki.

Konami: Solid Snake, Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Pyramid Head, Goemon, Sparkster.

Square Enix: Terra Branford, Lara Croft, Adam Jenson, Fei Fong Wong, Crono, Sora.

Ubisoft: Rayman, Shao Jun, Sam Fisher, Jade, The Prince, Vaas.

Sony: Nathan Drake, Ratchet and Clank, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, Dart, Sweet Tooth

Microsoft: Master Chief, Banjo Kazooie, Conker, Joanna Dark, Marcus Fenix, Kameo

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Captain Falcon and Marth over Kirby and Pikachu? Fire Emblem and F-Zero are nowhere near as popular as Kirby or Pokemon

For Nintendo, do :4mario::4pikachu::4kirby::4link::4bowser::4samus: We can only pick six right?
Popularity has nothing to do with this list. You choose who you want to see not who's more likely, important, etc...

I chose C.Falcon, and Marth, because I think they'd be more appropriate for a game like MvC. I was also very close to choosing someone else over Mario, Sonic, etc... because I think some other characters would better fit, but decided against it.

I don't want to hear about popularity of franchise again.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Nintendo: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Elma, Kirby, Samus Aran.

Namco: Pac-Man, Lloyd Irving , Heihachi Mishima, KOS-MOS, Klonoa, SRX.

Capcom: Ryu, Megaman, Morrigan, Amaterasu, Asura, Albert Wesker.

Sega: Sonic the Hedgehog, Alex Kidd, Jack Frost, Teddie, NiGHTS, Akira Yuki.

Konami: Solid Snake, Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Pyramid Head, Goemon, Sparkster.

Square Enix: Terra Branford, Lara Croft, Adam Jenson, Fei Fong Wong, Crono, Sora.

Ubisoft: Rayman, Shao Jun, Sam Fisher, Jade, The Prince, Vaas.

Sony: Nathan Drake, Ratchet and Clank, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, Dart, Sweet Tooth

Microsoft: Master Chief, Banjo Kazooie, Conker, Joanna Dark, Marcus Fenix, Kameo
Teddie is a great pick. I hope to see a lot more of it in the future. If I was the guy making the game, I'd make sure that he'd make it in.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Popularity has nothing to do with this list. You choose who you want to see not who's more likely, important, etc...

I chose C.Falcon, and Marth, because I think they'd be more appropriate for a game like MvC. I was also very close to choosing someone else over Mario, Sonic, etc... because I think some other characters would better fit, but decided against it.

I don't want to hear about popularity of franchise again.
oh oops

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Sorry I got carried away. Just never wanted this to be one of those "these franchise should be repped, and these franchise shouldn't" threads. That's kinda what I like about MvC3. They cut MegaMan and Captain Commando, their 2 mascots ffs. Ballsy to say the least.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Nintendo:
-Mario
-Link
-Ice Climbers
-Pit
-Anna
-Inkling
-Lucas

Sega:
-Sonic
-Nights
-Billy Hatcher
-Bayonetta
-Jack Frost
-Hatsune Miku (yeah I WENT there!)

Capcom:
-Megaman
-Ryu
-Phoenix Wright
-Monster Hunter (though I'm aware they don't do crossovers)
-Amaterasu
-Dante

Konami:
-Snake
-Bomberman
-Simon Belmont
-Pyramid Head

Square Enix:
-Sora
-Chrono
-Agnes Oblige
-Aqua
-Cloud
-Black Mage

Namco:
-Pacman
-Lloyd
-KOS-MOS
-Dig Dug
-Mappy

Ubisoft:
-Rayman
-Ezio
-Aiden
-Prince of Persia

Valve:
-Scout
-Heavy
-Pyro
-Hunter
-Zoey/Ellis duo
-Chell

Irrational Games:
-Big Daddy
-Booker Dewitt
-Elizabeth

Eh, was there a point to my list? Probably not...

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Bout' time someone did this.

Is she SEGA?
Her games are published by Sega.
And a few of her costumes in the games reference Sega things like Sonic, Phantasy Star, Opa Opa, Virtua Fighter, etc.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'll allow it, but I think she's owned by Crypton Media or whatever they're called.
Eh, it's the same with how people bunch Agumon or Goku with the Namco crowd.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Fair enough. I can work with that.
I forget, is this (hypothetical) game to play like the Smash style or the traditional fighting game? I'm fine for either but the traditional fighting game style would be interesting to explore.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I forget, is this (hypothetical) game to play like the Smash style or the traditional fighting game? I'm fine for either but the traditional fighting game style would be interesting to explore.
Traditional (well more like MvC then anything). I love Smash, but think a traditional fighting game would be more appropriate for a crossover of this magnitude.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Current results, and notes:

Latest update:
Each companies' top 6 so far

Nintendo
:4link:(21):4mario:(18):4samus:(16):4pikachu:(12):4kirby:(12):foxmelee:(7)

SEGA
:4sonic:(19), NiGHTS(14), AiAi(8), Billy Hatcher(8), Bayonetta(8), Alex Kidd(7)

Capcom
:4megaman:(20), :4ryu:(15)<Damn you people*, Amaterasu(13), Dante(10), Phoenix Wright(9), Viewtiful Joe(8)

Namco
:4pacman:(18), Klonoa(15), Lloyd Irving(12), KOS-MOS(10), *Heihachi(10)<Goddammit people,*TIE* Nightmare(9), Taizo Hori(9)

Konami
*Top vote getter!*>Bomberman!(22), :snake:(19), Simon Belmont(18), Goemon(14), Frogger!(9), *Bill Rizer(7)<See above

Square-Enix
Sora(14), Crono(14), Cloud(12), Agnes(11), *TIE* Neku(7), Lara Croft(7), Vivi/Black Mage(7)

Ubisoft
(19), Ezio(13), Jade(11), the Prince(11), Sam Fisher(7), *TIE* Rabbid(6), Aurora(6)

Indies
Shantae(9), Quote(8), Shovel Knight(7), Commander Video(5), *TIE* Reimu Hakurei(3), Alien Hominid(3), Gunvolt(3)

Alt system rosters

Playstation
Ratchet and Clank(12), Kratos(8), Jak & Daxter(7), Sly Cooper(7)<NOT ACCEPTABLE GUYS! MOAR SUPPORT!, *TIE* Parappa(6), *Nathan Drake(6)<You guys disappoint me, *Crash Bandicoot(6)

Xbox
Banjo and Kazooie(13), Master Chief(12), Conker(11), *Steve(6)<Really?, Marcus Fenix(6), Joanna Dark(6)

Notes:
-KOS-MOS broke into the top 6 in a big way. She's been one of the most requested characters recently I'm happy to say.

-Pleasantly surprised to say that Bomberman is the only character up to this point, that has been voted for by everyone that has A)voted for Konami characters, and B) doesn't have a gimmick list. Honestly I didn't see that coming.

-Decided to count Spyro and Crash votes for Playstation. Crash has technically made the cut.

-Some characters right on the cusp of making the cut are Captain Falcon (Nintendo), Akira Yuki (SEGA), Strider (Capcom), and Slime (Square Enix). There are most likely more, but I don't feel like doing a full recount.

-Seeing that this thread is pretty dead right now, this may fall upon deaf ears, but I won't be doing anymore counts. It's a long process, and not too fun. Hopefully, if this thread sees a revival somehow, someone else will take over, but I'm done. 'Twas a fun thread, hope you guys enjoyed it, and hopefully you all will continue to enjoy it.

Top Bottom