• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Master Hand and Crazy Hand from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror?

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
I was playing Kirby and The Amazing Mirror, whan I met Master hand as a Mini Boss on a stage. His moves were similar with the one from Melee. He had a Power called "Smash", wich gave me powers identicaly to those in Melee (side- Hammer, up- Cuter, down- Stone, the standard was diferent) The end boss was the one and only, Crazy Hand.
Was the GBA made before Melee?
May Master Hand be copied from the Kirby games?
If not, has Kirby and The Amazing Mirror taken both hands from Melee?

Desruprot

Smash Lord
The amazing mirror was not made before the Original Super Smash Brothers, and The Master Hand has not changed that much. However the Crazy Hand may be from Melee adapted for Kirby

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
I remember in some earlier Kirby games that, on the "Game Over: Continue?" screen that, if the player chose to continue, a hand resembling Master hand would poke a sleeping Kirby to wake him up.

I've heard it said that Master Hand was derived from that, seeing that Kirby and Smash were both made by the same guy. Amazing Mirror was made after-Smash, though.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I remember in some earlier Kirby games that, on the "Game Over: Continue?" screen that, if the player chose to continue, a hand resembling Master hand would poke a sleeping Kirby to wake him up.

I've heard it said that Master Hand was derived from that, seeing that Kirby and Smash were both made by the same guy. Amazing Mirror was made after-Smash, though.
That was Kirby Super Star (before SSB64)

The last boss of "The Great Cave Offensive" (Kirby Super Star) has similar moves to Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

I know the hands are made of rock, but they're using similar attacks and similar animations.

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
WHY the hands? If gaming was studies like Literature or film I would conclude that the hands are a metaphor for us the player. Seeing as they are puppets or trophies that we manipulate. You find Master hand on Final Destination which " Is as close to the real world the characters can get". Are the hands the player in that respect?

how do the characters die? When they leave the space of the television they turn back into trophies because they just left the only place they can exist, within the space of the game, the television. When they are removed they are turned back into representations of the characters we know.

Crticism? comments?

cccck

Smash Journeyman
WHY the hands? If gaming was studies like Literature or film I would conclude that the hands are a metaphor for us the player. Seeing as they are puppets or trophies that we manipulate. You find Master hand on Final Destination which " Is as close to the real world the characters can get". Are the hands the player in that respect?

how do the characters die? When they leave the space of the television they turn back into trophies because they just left the only place they can exist, within the space of the game, the television. When they are removed they are turned back into representations of the characters we know.

Crticism? comments?
criticsm: I think I know what your saying... but what?

nanabobo

Smash Rookie
I would like to comment that I've believed what CGCGrayfox just said for a while. The first Subspace Emissary clip on the Smash Bros. Dojo really got me, because of the line "this is a world where trophies fight for the amusement of others." Obviously the others are us. We are the ones making the whole series happen, as without us, the characters do not fight. We control the trophies.

To make this a little more relevant, I'll say that in both Kirby's Adventure and Kirby Super Star, Crazy Hand lived up to his name. On the game over screen in Adventure, if you chose "continue" he would pinch Kirby and push him off-screen to go fight. If you chose "end" he would go to crush Kirby, but Kirby would (in his sleep) swallow Crazy before he got a chance to attack. In Super Star, continue made crazy hand grab Kirby's Sleep hat and turn it into a party popper, snapping it in his face to wake him up and make him run away back into the fight, as Crazy Hand turned the hat/popper into a scarf to bid farewell. End would make him grab kirby (lightly) and float him up gently to sleep on the moon, covering him up.

Then there's Wham-Bam Rock, who had many of Crazy and Master Hand's attacks, such as running on their two fingertips, pointing with two fingers and shooting, raining black rocks from above, and the slap.

TempestFunk

Smash Cadet
In SSB64, remember the opening? the Master hand reached into a toy chest in what looked like a child's room and pulled out a random doll of one of the fighters and placed them on a desk. the master hand counted backward from 3, snapped it's fingers, then the desk objects such as a pencil holder turned into a green warp pipe and the rest of the background turned into a more fantasy looking place as the doll sprang to life, ready to fight.

I always believed because of this the entire game was just some child playing with his Nintendo dolls. In melee they changed it from dolls to something cooler (less childish), Trophies.

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
TeamestFunk I thinks got it. We're playing with our toys. Like when we used to get our action figures and mash them all together.

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
That was Kirby Super Star (before SSB64)

The last boss of "The Great Cave Offensive" (Kirby Super Star) has similar moves to Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

I know the hands are made of rock, but they're using similar attacks and similar animations.
Aww.. beat me to it.. but yeah, master hand came from "Kirby Superstar" for the SNES (great game btw)..

Django_EXE

Smash Apprentice
Take route 666 west, then drive 13 miles past meph

In SSB64, remember the opening? the Master hand reached into a toy chest in what looked like a child's room and pulled out a random doll of one of the fighters and placed them on a desk. the master hand counted backward from 3, snapped it's fingers, then the desk objects such as a pencil holder turned into a green warp pipe and the rest of the background turned into a more fantasy looking place as the doll sprang to life, ready to fight.

I always believed because of this the entire game was just some child playing with his Nintendo dolls. In melee they changed it from dolls to something cooler (less childish), Trophies.
I saw somewhere that Kirby and co. were suposed to be plush dolls, and The SSB crew are trophies/action figures, and the hands are the kid playing with the toys, so they could be the same kid.

Top Bottom