• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Master Hand and Crazy Hand, possible Biblical References.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethpenguin

Smash Cadet
Master Hand and Crazy Hand, are they a reference to God and the Devil, well let's take a look.
Masterhand, when it attacks its seems so calm and peaceful. In the intro movie in the first SSB we see him taking random characters out of a box and placing them on a desk which turns into a stage. A possible reference to creationism.
Crazy Hand, it acts very destructive and chaotic. It also seems to like destroying things just like how the Devil is described in the Bible.
Let's cut to the point, did Nintendo purposly made Master Hand and Crazy Hand have such Biblical References or was it and accident.Let me hear your thoughts.

WhoIsMrBlack

Smash Cadet
Sorry, I won't go into it but I completely disagree. You're making VERY thin links here IMO. And I can't see how Master Hand relates to God.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
this was an accident, not intended, plus does Crazy & Master Hand work together hmm..

this thread fails!

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
God created man
Master Hand created characters?

God: brought light, made the world.

MHand: Created stages and brought light through a spotlight? (I think there was a spot light in the 64 intro)

MHand shoots people, which is not, you know. Tabuu being a greater force than God? Think not.

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
Do we all remember the context of Master Hand in SSB64? The fighters were toys, they were thrown onto the field of battle, and suddenly started fighting. And it was the Master Hand who controlled everything. But what was actually going on was that it was just a kid playing with his toys. He made them fight each other until he ran out of toys, and then made them fight him (or his hand). Master Hand was going along with the theme of SSB64, and has had a legacy since.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but I fail to see how the Master Hand is supposed to represent god. It may represent something, sure, but I don't think it's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom