• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Master Marth Videos?

Firecross

Smash Rookie
I've been looking on Youtube and this website for videos of skilled Marth fighters to study, but besides the Redemption Combo video by Drago I haven't seen any good videos. I'm too lazy to search all over the universe, so if anyone happens to know links to good Marth videos, I would appreciate it if they would share them with me. Thanks again!
P.S. If anyone wants to know Redemption combo video by Drago is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqAzaaIADTc

Nozra

Smash Rookie
drago's is probably third on my list that i've seen so far

i'd look into the linguini-snake vids, or that other one 'dont forget to tip'

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
The only marths that i know are good ,{edited for King Mickey's sake}, with "good" meaning they seem to know how to use marths moves in an effective manner that helps them win, are SeraSmash, Mew2king, Danimals, and me. Sadly i don't know of anyone besides danimals and sera that have videos up. (draco's goes without saying)

∫unk

Smash Master
The only marths that i know are good are SeraSmash, Mew2king, Danimals, and me. Sadly i don't know of anyone besides danimals and sera that have videos up.
lol at mentioning yourself as good.. whether it's true or not you just look dumb with no tournament or video evidence to back yourself up by adding yourself to that list

you've listed one of the most popular pro's, 2 youtube video players, and yourself.. maybe you should get to know more smashers?

and drago isn't good? he put up that combo video wayyy before anything close to it came out

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Combo videos do not mean anything. The combos did in them purely depend on the opponent, nearly anyone can do fancy things against a bad player or simply be able to pull off something original once in awhile.

once again though, DO NOT judge skill based on a combo video. This was learned from melee and is still very true now.

∫unk

Smash Master
Combo videos do not mean anything. The combos did in them purely depend on the opponent, nearly anyone can do fancy things against a bad player or simply be able to pull off something original once in awhile.

once again though, DO NOT judge skill based on a combo video. This was learned from melee and is still very true now.
Actually, combo videos mean a fair amount. It means that they are at least competent, and have the potential to be good. If a player cannot even manage combos against the worst of opponents then they have no chance to be great.

"Nearly anyone can do fancy things against a bad player." This is simply not true.

Rest of your post I agree with.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
lol at mentioning yourself as good.. whether it's true or not you just look dumb with no tournament or video evidence to back yourself up by adding yourself to that list

you've listed one of the most popular pro's, 2 youtube video players, and yourself.. maybe you should get to know more smashers?

and drago isn't good? he put up that combo video wayyy before anything close to it came out
Do u just love hunting down my posts and criticizing them all?:confused: Look, i can only talk about the people i know or have seen. I have fought serasmash online, i saw mew2king b4, and i am pretty sure I have seen myself play so i can talk about all three people. How can i look dumb when i have no videos up (i shouldn't look like anything). I said they are and i am "good". Just good. Nothing more nothing less. Is it a crime to think that you are ok with a character? I didn't say i was the grand master of all marths in the universe. I keep telling you that i am just training with and trying my marth by watching and fighting others just like others who check this sight. Why don't u just fight me online??? If u want me to stop saying my marth is ok then thats the only way you will be able to do it. You could post a video of u fighting someone (which neither u nor i have done yet as far as i know) but that isn't fighting me so i don't really know how good you are. Just like someone else said combo videos don't mean a thing and i believe the same thing probably can go for tournament videos. Popularity doesn't equal pro status. So i guess just because you post a video on youtube then you are automatically better than someone who hasn't. If you are that desprate for proof that i am good (not perfect) with marth then i will post a video this weekend. It is just a fight between me and Sera so its not one of the "grand tournaments for proof that you're good" u keep speaking of, but it will show u where i am right now. I will post it in a thread and get other people's opinions about wherther they would say i am "good" or at least have some potential.

P.S.
1) Yes its a wall of txt
2) If u actually have a video, then post the link for it
3) Yes draco is good, but saying it after someone else has already has seems useless

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Junkinthetrunk

You are dead wrong, maybe when you get more knowledgable about smash brothers you'll realize that.

Combos are what your opponent will let you get away with, combo videos mean nothing, they are not a substitute for real matches thus no skill can be taken from them.

They show someone doing a combo and someone being comboed. With the way brawl is, most of the combos done rely on specific things your foe must do, thus combo videos not showing skill.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Junkinthetrunk

You are dead wrong, maybe when you get more knowledgable about smash brothers you'll realize that.

Combos are what your opponent will let you get away with, combo videos mean nothing, they are not a substitute for real matches thus no skill can be taken from them.

They show someone doing a combo and someone being comboed. With the way brawl is, most of the combos done rely on specific things your foe must do, thus combo videos not showing skill.
*Presidential candidate voice* "I am BacklashMarth and I approve of this message.":chuckle:

∫unk

Smash Master
*sigh*

First Backlash, I have nothing against you. I do have videos up just look at my post history (or the thread in this forum Marth > Ike). Keep in mind those videos were a few weeks ago I've incorporated new things into my game since then. But I'm not claiming to be good so who cares. You have a fair point about not mentioning drago.

Sorry I didn't read your wall of text really carefully so I may have missed a few points, but I'm not going to play you online because my connection sucks. You can just watch my old videos. But I'm not challenging you so who cares? I'm just saying don't assume yourself to be as good as these guys until you have some tournament results to back yourself up or you have some tourney videos.

Second bluedeath1000, this conversation isn't going anywhere because you assume to me to be an idiot, and because you speak in that way, I assume you to be an *** and equally stupid :D I have plenty of smash bros knowledge... you keep repeating how combos don't mean anything.

In melee if you saw someone doing a waveshine combo, it doesn't necessarily mean they're the best, but it shows that they have the potential to pull it out on you in a match. In 64, being able to do zero to deaths meant that you had enough skill to possibly do it in a match. MOST people are not capable of these things.

I don't care if the 100 people at a national tournament can easily do combos, I'm not going to be playing against them. In Brawl, if you see a Marth spike over 20 times in match vids, you will know that the Marth AT LEAST has the timing of the spike fairly accurately. I realize in Brawl you can't really combo a la 64 or melee, but the fact that a person is chaining hits into death or high percentage gives the person the potential to be able to do that against you.

I know you're good bluedeath, but keep in mind that most of the smash population can't chain hits in Brawl no matter what. This has been my experience from watching many YouTube videos and going to tournaments.

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
Go to Youtube, type "getyourtournament" click on any video posted by the user "getyourtournament" click on the user icon, and like 1,200 tournament vids from california will pop up.

These vids include LOTS of stuff with DieSuperFly, Conor, DC, Epic, (all marth players and good) among others.

Edit: Guys, lets keep the venting to a minimum...

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
never judge a marth player based on a combo video for the love of god.

99% of combo vids are against opponents who have either never heard of the block buttons or let themselves get gimped.

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
haha so true....

take, i like your marht also. Unorthodox Neway, why is this turning into another "whsoe the best marth" thread

nasir123

Smash Ace
Chain Grab???

yeah i know this is in the wrong thing but does marth have a chain grab and if he does can you show me a video against a level 9 cp:)

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
No one even mentioned RoyR, one of the best Marths around. You can see a few of his vids in the Marth Video Thread, and you can see many more on Xyro77's youtube account, http://www.youtube.com/user/xyro77.

Although it's been mentioned already, here is a link to Danimals combo video "Don't forget to tip." If you haven't watched it already, it is very good.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
No one even mentioned RoyR, one of the best Marths around. You can see a few of his vids in the Marth Video Thread, and you can see many more on Xyro77's youtube account, http://www.youtube.com/user/xyro77.

Although it's been mentioned already, here is a link to Danimals combo video "Don't forget to tip." If you haven't watched it already, it is very good.
actually, all the better players on this board pretty much agreed that roy_r is THE best marth right now.

and combo vids dont mean much, danimals got rick-rolled by futile just because futile was shield grabbing. dan is TOO aggressive, doesnt play smart like roy and a few others.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
While Danimals is too aggressive, he still plays a great Marth and has won a tournament or two with him. And while I agree Roy is the best Marth around, nothing can be set in stone until all of these Marth players are gathered together and play each other. That's why I say "one of the best."

HADOOKEN

Smash Apprentice
Drago is so coolcause he's just constanly on his op. he fast falls right on them and then goes for the spike.

also, he is pioneering cool thingslike his next video determination shows him droping off the ledge to parry a recovering ike and he stage spikes him.

good stuff

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Drago is so coolcause he's just constanly on his op. he fast falls right on them and then goes for the spike.

also, he is pioneering cool thingslike his next video determination shows him droping off the ledge to parry a recovering ike and he stage spikes him.

good stuff
its not too hard to gimp a recovering ike.....

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Both of Drago's montage videos are great. I love how he matches it up to the music well, just like Don't Forget to Tip is matched up to the music.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
*sigh*

First Backlash, I have nothing against you. I do have videos up just look at my post history (or the thread in this forum Marth > Ike). Keep in mind those videos were a few weeks ago I've incorporated new things into my game since then. But I'm not claiming to be good so who cares. You have a fair point about not mentioning drago.

Sorry I didn't read your wall of text really carefully so I may have missed a few points, but I'm not going to play you online because my connection sucks. You can just watch my old videos. But I'm not challenging you so who cares? I'm just saying don't assume yourself to be as good as these guys until you have some tournament results to back yourself up or you have some tourney videos.

Second bluedeath1000, this conversation isn't going anywhere because you assume to me to be an idiot, and because you speak in that way, I assume you to be an *** and equally stupid :D I have plenty of smash bros knowledge... you keep repeating how combos don't mean anything.

In melee if you saw someone doing a waveshine combo, it doesn't necessarily mean they're the best, but it shows that they have the potential to pull it out on you in a match. In 64, being able to do zero to deaths meant that you had enough skill to possibly do it in a match. MOST people are not capable of these things.

I don't care if the 100 people at a national tournament can easily do combos, I'm not going to be playing against them. In Brawl, if you see a Marth spike over 20 times in match vids, you will know that the Marth AT LEAST has the timing of the spike fairly accurately. I realize in Brawl you can't really combo a la 64 or melee, but the fact that a person is chaining hits into death or high percentage gives the person the potential to be able to do that against you.

I know you're good bluedeath, but keep in mind that most of the smash population can't chain hits in Brawl no matter what. This has been my experience from watching many YouTube videos and going to tournaments.
The words gives me a new insight of the game lol

Top Bottom