• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N64

Smash Champion
I don't see how "picking it up a year later" solves anything. Same amount of disagreement is going to happen as happens now, and as has happened in the past. The particular disagreements may change, but there'll still be about the same amount.

I for one always liked this project, even if reaching a consensus on much of it is rather difficult/impossible, and I always thought you did a really good job of taking the middle ground teh_icy.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Although there is alot of ....ALOT of bull**** that happens here, I think progress gets made.

imho the first completed chart was pretty accurate and the process wasnt that bad. We just need to get **** going again. At times it only takes 1 person to step up and start intelligent discussion, but conversely it only takes 1 ******* to **** it up.

keep it pushin ppl.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kaostar removes my faith in the chart.

Mewtwo has blinded him from the truth.

There is no chart.

Also this thing will never see fruition.

Sorry about spoiling the ending but for real this thing will never work.

No matchup chart wil ever work. Melee community is too silly. And the chart itself is too silly.

Let's just go back to making tier lists.

john!

Smash Hero
my understanding is that other fighting game communities create matchup charts and base their tier lists mostly off these charts

personally i think that sounds a bit better than the current "official tier list" which is just the opinions of a select few people

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Kaostar removes my faith in the chart.

Mewtwo has blinded him from the truth.

There is no chart.

Also this thing will never see fruition.

Sorry about spoiling the ending but for real this thing will never work.

No matchup chart wil ever work. Melee community is too silly. And the chart itself is too silly.

Let's just go back to making tier lists.
at least m2> zelda wasn't for nothing T_T

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
so what does street fighter do to figure out their low tier matchups?
Their low tier matchups aren't nearly as bad as ours are... additionally, more people play their low tiers overall... so they have it a bit easier in figuring out their matchups etc

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i think we just need to stop overrating out low tier matchups like "lolol fox can camp perfectly so 90-10"

i mean they are bad, and the top tiers DO have tools and can be mad gay, but its not like low tier pros are getting 4 stocked contantly, so the matchups must be better than we give them credit for.

except sheik, she's dumb.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, the problem is that people are too far divided to compromise, and too stubborn/confident on both sides anyway. despite the small amount of data. amazing how much more people cling to their opinions when they're harder to disprove ;)

the other problem is that for the most part i don't think people actually care how yoshi does vs. roy. and DON'T START TALKING ABOUT THAT ONE NOW, FOR ****'S SAKE

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I dunno, we could make a fine chart if everyone discussed things as thoroughly as the Marth boards did and compiled the numbers...in the end, everyone was happy with the final result. The only real ambiguities are placing numbers to low tiers but thats just because no one knows the real answer to those questions.

Let's just go back to Zelda vs. M2 for the 50th time.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Will this skepticism be what kills t3h_icy's attempt? Does this mark the death of the latest chart?

And the dawn of the new chart?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It has been too long. The cycle must feed. The Gods must be satiated.

They hunger for a new thread.

A new OP.

A new colour scheme.

THE GODS OF THE MATCHUP CHART DEMAND A SACRIFICE.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Ok this is what needs to be done. The mob CAN NOT do stuff like this. There's a reason communism just doesn't work. Doesn't matter how perfect everything is there is always gonna be disagreements.To really work something in an efficient and proper way there needs to be a chosen ones to do this.

You should gather this group and solve it that way. The problem with melee is that there's so many characters of course that some have no general knowledge about. That makes me believe that this is a very or maybe impossible task at the moment.

N64

Smash Champion
and lets make a room where these people can gather. A room, preferably in the background, where such things are to be discussed and decided. Brilliant!

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I don't see how "picking it up a year later" solves anything. Same amount of disagreement is going to happen as happens now, and as has happened in the past. The particular disagreements may change, but there'll still be about the same amount.

I for one always liked this project, even if reaching a consensus on much of it is rather difficult/impossible, and I always thought you did a really good job of taking the middle ground teh_icy.
I see picking it up a year later as a solution because we'll have more stuff to discuss and we'll likely see more match ups between pros at that point. I believe we'll be seeing Fox getting ***** more and thus people will have an easier rime accepting degrading his match ups, etc. Perhaps I'm being too optimistic about change in the future but I just don't see anything progress being made as the chart is now.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Oh you're only now realizing?

Silly Mewtwo main.
lol no.

actually this thread is for my own personal satisfaction. I enjoy certain aspects of posting in here. if it ends, well then dammit its over lol.

I also just kinda wanna see this community complete something. lol even the elite mbr couldn't make a tier list. the future of melee looks bad :(

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I talked to some people here about SF 4 and they said they are no worse than 7:3 matchups in SF.

However, in smash it's not a traditional fighting game, there is weight/falling speed to account for, aerial control after jumps.. etc. which already can shift a matchup tremendously into one's favor. And then I'm sure that low tiers in this game have it worst than usual due to the unusual mechanics.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kirby's lack of aerial mobility is not a weakness dammit.

It's a strength.

You just gotta dig a lil' bit.

edit: Kao, if this thread dies you wait like a month and then someone makes a new one.

ponylover123456789

Smash Rookie
lol at this thread

Just let all the char specific formus make their own matchups and combine them all once they're done.

Live average the character A vs B opinion with the character B vs A opinion

Falcon will probably end up as like the worst character in the game if you do this though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom