• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Discussion #33! Ganondorf

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I dont see his ftilt or dash attack hitting you after you dtilt. But it might be able to punish your jab. idk

His jab is 8 frames so his ftilt is probably 14 or so. I couldnt find the frame data.

Xervah

Smash Cadet
80:20

Just mix up your quick attacks, Jab, D-tilt, aerials, etc. and he will have a rough time punishing Marth. Not really much to this matchup besides avoiding his powerful attacks.

Things to watch out for are...
- Wizards foot - especially if you recover at stage level, it can kill you pretty easily
- D-tilt - Ganon's safest attack, it will also knock you up high at higher percents, putting marth in his weakest position.
- Side-B - Trumps heavy sheilding habits. Can lead into killers or just rake up quick damage if the ganon is skilled.

Ganon's dair should not be a problem, the priority and speed suck, it should easily get stuffed by your jabs and aerials.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
I would have to say somewhere like 78:22, for Xervah's reasons, also including the fact that if there is a slightest bit of hang time after Dolphin Slash, Ganon WILL D-Air spike you to your doom. But the thing is, that is not a whole lot of an issue, which is why it should be just a tiny bit more towards Ganon.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
I would have to say somewhere like 78:22, for Xervah's reasons, also including the fact that if there is a slightest bit of hang time after Dolphin Slash, Ganon WILL D-Air spike you to your doom. But the thing is, that is not a whole lot of an issue, which is why it should be just a tiny bit more towards Ganon.
You can see a dair coming from miles away. If you are near the ledge you can just up-b, and if you are not you can Fair, Uair or airdodge.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
You can see a dair coming from miles away. If you are near the ledge you can just up-b, and if you are not you can Fair, Uair or airdodge.
Note: he said AFTER you DS.

I will say this: I have lost to a Gdorf before in a friendly. That was mostly because I played it like a friendly and didn't camp his bawlz off and overextended a bit, but watch out for that side b ****. You can eat sooo much damage if the Ganon is intelligent. And watch out for his IDA, it's really quick and can break through a SH approach sometimes.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
Oh lol i missed it somehow, sorry for that.

And yes Ganon can be very annoying if you are too predictable with your get ups after a side b. Btw I don't know if this is useful but couldn't you roll away and just mash up-b if you know he'll go after you? For example if you roll forward and Ganon starts up his Flame choke, you could mash up-b and hope it buffers to come out on frame one. The hitbox comes out on frame 6 i believe but your can't be grabbed out of the invincibility frames amirite? Idk if this is useful but it could be.

And of course you shouldn't be a dumass and DS every time because it will get baited and Warlock punched (or something similar).

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Well if you try the mashing up-b thing 2 things could happen: You could Up-B too early, and get punished, or get too lat, and get Flame Choked. I'd say just don't be predictable and mix it up a lot.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
This is an easy matchup. DB ***** harder than usual in this matchup, especially when you're near the edge, where it sets up an easy ledge grab. You out space him by a lot, but he can kill you easily and obviously flame choke, as mentioned before. This has to be 80:20 or more. >_>

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I think that when Ganon is played exceptionally well, he can be a menace to anyone (take Kosk for example.) But in most cases 80:20 in Marth's favor. It's too hard for Ganon to approach cause of Marth's range.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I think that when Ganon is played exceptionally well, he can be a menace to anyone (take Kosk for example.) But in most cases 80:20 in Marth's favor. It's too hard for Ganon to approach cause of Marth's range.
Thanks for the Ridiculous bump. We really appreciate it from the cold, rotten bottoms of our hearts. Really.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Thanks for the Ridiculous bump. We really appreciate it from the cold, rotten bottoms of our hearts. Really.
It's only been... a few.... days.....

Anyway, watch out for sporadic down-b's in the air. Didn't know it killed :(
Aside from that, space as usual, this match is heavily in Marth's favor.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I almost wish this thread was locked. Unless ganon develops some way to freeze marth on frame 1 of his warlock punch until it contacts, this match-up isn't going to change significantly. It's a **** match-up. Deal with it.

Actually that's not even the problem. The problem is just when people repeat the same thing said before and bump the topic 3+ months later or don't even say anything useful, it just gets bumped.

*Bad mood*

So please for the sake of not discussing the 5003 ways that Marth kills ganon, do NOT bump this topic unless you found something that changes this match-up more than Chuck Norris can change your face with a roundhouse kick.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I think the only thing that hurts is Sparta semi spike, Marth having poor horizontal recovery it's devastating, and also elbow can early kill and has range, I thing this are the only two things that hurts Marth.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Agrees with Feardragon

Please stop this discussion unless something is revealed in Brawl that changes this. Which I doubt will happen because its Brawl.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Marth beat Ganon if careful and keep him from not attacking, otherwise he can suffer his overly powerful attack while Marth is quite light.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
At first, I refrained from posting, since it seemed OBVIOUS that no one should be bumping this thread.
However, it seems otherwise.
C'mon guys, this topic has already been flogged with a rubber hose, lol.
No more
Nada.
Zippo.
cero.
bing (darn it, no tones for pinyin).
Any other way applies, end this plz.

Top Bottom