• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match up discussion week 31: Pokéman Trainer

kismet2

Smash Ace
Waiting for kismet to come here tbh, I heard he plays reflex alot.
XD Yes I do.

Ok, the matchup overall is in Falco's favor imo, 60:40.

He can go even with Squirtle, all you have to do is keep him out. Squirtle can only destroy you if he can get in, kinda like Wario. Jab is really good against him (he can SDI up and hit with Nair or Fair so don't jab for too long) space your Nairs so he can't run in for a shield grab. Just keep a good amount of space between you and the Squirtle, look for openings and Utilt beats I think all of his aerials and it's also useful if he airdodge towards you.

Ivysaur isn't really that good in this matchup. Falco's dash attack destroys Ivysaur and so does the reflector. If an Ivysaur tries to space Bairs the reflector can still hit him and whenever you get your dash attack in, make sure it's a gatling combo for more damage. Only thing Ivysaur has going is Bullet Seed, but it won't always work because if you SDI out while he's still seeding you, you can fastfall a Dair. Also, putting Ivysaur in the air puts him in a bad position, so you can do that by using Dair, Bthrow, Uthrow, Utilt, and Usmash.

Charizard is kind of hard but Falco is a better character, so he should be fine. Um...don't ever short hop laser near a Charizard because if they can read you right, then they can grab you before you get the second laser out and Bthrow you to a regrab. So, you should only laser when he's far away or if you knock him away, when you're up close, Nair alot because it combos into a grab at low percents. A good Charizard will Rock Smash, Flamethrower, or grab.

You really have to change playstyles when you're playing against a different Pokemon. And Usmash OoS is really good against Charizard, if you're looking for a kill.

Top Bottom