• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Export #2: Meta Knight (In-Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
It's always been like that; you just never noticed it because Battlefield was that much worse in Melee.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Any stage with more than one platform is not ideal for Fox vs MK, he out spaces you in every category, so it's best if you are on flat stable ground. Fox needs space to maneuver around to, for a fight against MK, it's an attack an run kind of strategy, not good for smaller stages.
Except for Battlefield, stick with the neutrals, for CPs, nothing is really in Fox's Favor, but theoretically, Frigate may be useful, but a bit reckless.
The stage is just enough for Fox to move around, and the landscape makes it more difficult for MK to chase you down. Not alot of stage spike positions here either.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i don't think frigate is a good idea at all. sometimes Fox might need a ledge while MK rarely needs it there.

besides theres the rare chance the stage flips when hes near you and you get upB'ed over.....

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Frigate is a CP Mks use vs Fox, the edge makes your recovery even more predictable and is basically a free dsmash/fsmash on the side that you cant grab onto, i mean you could try and illusion onto the middle platform but they'll catch onto that soon enough, shuttleloop offstage is an auto death,not to mention MK can edgegaurd unbelievably well with his aerials beneath this stage

i was thinking maybe Delfino? i know alot of MKs like that stage but i cant really see any major advantages the Mk would have over us but i havent looked into it

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
other than the random sideB deaths the spacies suffer from on delfino is an ok stage imo.

other than SV or CS i'd go delfino next, but MK can shark though platforms and does his shuttle loop cross through the floor of delfinos main moving platform?

Zhamy

Smash Champion
FD, Corneria, Halberd, PS1.

Those are my favorite CPs. Delfino is iffy for me. I feel like Fox is better off when the stage is stationary, rather than the moving platforms, so it's really a matter of how comfortable you are with tbe pseudo-Battlefield parts of Delfino.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Delphino probably isn't a good idea as MK can shuttle loop you under the stage in some cases. And the water is probably gonna screw you over. You can't keep your distance in that stage consistently.

Just try your luck on FD or PS1.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i got cpd by a bunch of Mks to Delfino and now i definitely dont think its a wise choice to CP to, MK controls everything on each stage change and its neutral on the regular part

FD and Halberg are probably best choices

Sukai

Smash Champion
Halberd shares similar traits as Delfino, there isn't much MK can't do here that he can do there, just a different rhythm to the same song.
Since MK owns everywhere, it's best to look into something that does not give him more options, like attacking from below.
Castle Siege would be okay, but Fox will suffer in the first area no doubt.
Luigi's Mansion looks pretty neutral.
Just need to watch out for Tornadoes.
Up tilt lock would work okay. Pretty much play the same, stay away from him. Try and fight on the second story, that seems most ideal for Fox, plus he maneuvers better than MK here.

RPK

Smash Lord
Halberd shares similar traits as Delfino, there isn't much MK can't do here that he can do there, just a different rhythm to the same song.
Since MK owns everywhere, it's best to look into something that does not give him more options, like attacking from below.
Castle Siege would be okay, but Fox will suffer in the first area no doubt.
Luigi's Mansion looks pretty neutral.
Just need to watch out for Tornadoes.
Up tilt lock would work okay. Pretty much play the same, stay away from him. Try and fight on the second story, that seems most ideal for Fox, plus he maneuvers better than MK here.
And dont be afraid to spam any kill moves. =D Pillars=Refreshed moveset <3

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Nair is still safer to poke and space with. Dair is for punishing.

You can't really say which is "better," because they're two entirely different situations.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Nair is still safer to poke and space with. Dair is for punishing.

You can't really say which is "better," because they're two entirely different situations.
Yes you can, based on the more likely situation.
Theoretically, would you be spacing and shield-poking MK more or less than punishing his attacks?

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
If i were to take MK to a good stage i fight him a Smashville, fox can easliey recover and if you know how to space, you can really screw over MK there. plus, KK RIDER!!!

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
Wow.

I came in the fox boards and am glad for a couple of reason.
1)Fox *****
2)Xiivi added me and I have no idea who (s)he is
3)My crewmate and doubles partner R00kie gets mad hype and respect in here and I'm feelin' it so much (no homo) that I want to contribute too.

I play MK(but I'm a Pit main. I don't have AIDS*cough MKvirus cough*. I'm OK), and I think it's a pretty good MK if I may say so myself.
However, I have like, a big *** bridge to cross/ Long *** tunnel to go through to get to R00kie.
The good thing though, is that I have spring break at the end of this month, and I have fri-sun where I'm doing nothing.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

R00kie! WHERE U AT!? We should chill if you get the time and also we'll hash this match-up out for the Fox boards.

TKD

Smash Lord
If i were to take MK to a good stage i fight him a Smashville, fox can easliey recover and if you know how to space, you can really screw over MK there. plus, KK RIDER!!!
Smashville's small. Fox is good in neutrals, but for your counter-pick stage, I think you should have space to run. Battlefield lets you run on platforms. I haven't thought of a right counter-pick stage for Fox against MK.
MK likes smashville. He can chase Fox easily there.

About spacing, Fox has NO RANGE...it's more of a zoning match. Thankfully, Meta Knight has to approach. Without the blaster, Fox wouldn't win.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i tried out some of the stuff you guys were saying about nair when i was doing some wifi friendlies with my friend Ambrose,nair might be pretty useful here afterall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82FcT6CF-tE

im not sure about BF to be honest, King Ace scarred me from going there, i think fox needs as much room as possible and nado will just control everything on a small stage like BF

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Did you get worse? Staying at or running to the edge is risky at 100%. D-smash is just lethal and fast. And I saw some F-smashes in there, I don't think they were intercepts! I'm surprised he didn't catch on to all your shine stalling.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
dang we need to get this thread up and running again so here this is, another video which this one is for a counter pick scenario + more aggressive version of how i fight MK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2LeUsJTqL8&feature=channel_page

so xiivi please post this video on the main page of thread as well, i want to get back to these match-up threads and have the time so my dedication is great right now.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Things will get done when I actually have access to my own computer again (blah blah broken blah blah already explained this to Zhamy), I guess for now I'll start up some more match-up exports so you guys at least have other characters to discuss for now.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
^Lol you are a double posting fiend Rook! You better be getting infractions!!!! Lol. I used to get owned by double post infractions. =3
im not a double posting fiend, it's just you guys dont wake up and post on the boards im mean dang sometimes i feel that im talking to myself

and yea believe me, i get infractions from xiivi just for signing onto the boards XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
I swear to God, this made me laugh sooooo effing hard.

♥xiivi! He is so top tier!
yea that ****** is the man, the fact he made those character match up threads was just genius. im having so much fun just hooking them up with maaaad info... our fox community just only gets stronger the more our threads get drenched with information

papermario12

Smash Cadet
Apparently you just look through all the threads that may interest you, and if I happen to also post on there, no matter if it was said a while ago, you have to comment on it, usually with the use of the same old insults that are used by 5th graders. Grow a pair of ***** and a **** to accompany them, and stop stalking me, because it's getting old and if it hasn't already occurred to you, I personally don't give a crap what you say, but it's getting irritating that you relentlessly hunt me down in every post. Jesus Christ.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Apparently you just look through all the threads that may interest you, and if I happen to also post on there, no matter if it was said a while ago, you have to comment on it, usually with the use of the same old insults that are used by 5th graders. Grow a pair of ***** and a **** to accompany them, and stop stalking me, because it's getting old and if it hasn't already occurred to you, I personally don't give a crap what you say, but it's getting irritating that you relentlessly hunt me down in every post. Jesus Christ.
Actually, I'm a contributing member to the Fox boards who prefers that other people don't waste their time reading spammy, useless posts like yours. You're not that important, idiot.

Can we talk about numbers for the MK matchup? I still think it hovers around 65:35.

papermario12

Smash Cadet
Actually, I'm a contributing member to the Fox boards who prefers that other people don't waste their time reading spammy, useless posts like yours. You're not that important, idiot.

Can we talk about numbers for the MK matchup? I still think it hovers around 65:35.
Still don't give a crap what you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom