• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Rediscussion: Sonic

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
LOL i like this guy already. you forgot about the whole "if you stay in your shield, Sonic can never kill you part" :dizzy:

Sonic wouldl do best to play very defensively in this matchup, god knows the peach player will. As white peach said, focus is the key for sonic, as i personally think that if sonic can at least make peach's turnip usage less effective, then they both can't really start an offence at each other, leading to a long, long match.
Kojin (Sonic) vs BTC (Peach) 1
Kojin (Sonic) vs BTC (Peach) 2

I have this set from a while back, i remember above all else that it was very defensive and taxing since I dont' normally play run away for 8 minutes strategy, and even that i didn't do as well as i liked. But I think the matchup isn't 60-40 peach if both players play defensive like that. It's just annoying to watch IMO...

looking back tho, he probably didn't know that matchup too well...
Hey look, my first tourney set. :V And you were the first Sonic I ever played.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Do what Speed did to me :( Use the full 8 minutes and just wear the other player down. As long as you can focus longer than him, you can sneak in the grabs and stuff. All of your attacks look/sound the same, so it's hard to know whats coming. Just mindgame/fakeout over the 8 minutes, and just keep running away or snagging those grabs/hits to damage over the entire timer. Don't lose focus :p (I want to be a Peach that plays like Sonic, "Can't catch me!" *Turnip*)
My match with him took long to but i dont think it really went that way. I honestly think he got tired of doing it....

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Edreeses. Can we make love sometime soon?
If by love you mean play smash, then yes =P

so im probably going to have to revert back go 08-09 KID for this matchup.

Which means im going to play extremely safe, only take advantage of what she gives me, and kill all three stocks with up throw at 190
If peach is at 110% or so I would gamble with a couple of slightly charged forward smashes. Sure if you miss you'll take a hit or two or something, but if you nail it, you have the precious lead and an early rare kill that could be enough to turn the match. One of her biggest weaknesses is that Peach cannot punish laggy stuff with a kill move (unless sonic is at like 160%) so you can take more forward smash risks than you can in other matchups.

For example, if Sonic fights snake, he's not gonna try to fmsash at 100% because he might get up tilted and killed if he misses and snake punishes. If sonic tries the same on peach , all she can do is fair him which has no chance of killing him at that percentage. and no, upsmash is too slow to punish sonic's fsmash

This is how i generall play against characters with weak kill moves. I do a lot of risky slow **** that has big payoff if I land it, because the payoff to punishment ratio is really high.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
My match with him took long to but i dont think it really went that way. I honestly think he got tired of doing it....
i wasnt in my right mindset vs you kyon...ks1zz1e/H@v0k/Junebug made me feel like crap after losing to them like that. (2-0'd by all three, 2stocks and stuff) :/ yeah yeah johns, but i felt like bull and i only have myself to blame.

But yeah, mu ratios? O:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I got shot down last time I suggested 65-35 but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was somewhere in that region. Peach just has so much more to work with in this match up than Sonic does. 70-30 is too steep because Sonic has the speed and moves to get into holes of Peach's attacks but I think 60-40 is too kind

I'll settle for 60-40 but if Peach really knows what shes doing I think the ratio is 65-35

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
i wasnt in my right mindset vs you kyon...ks1zz1e/H@v0k/Junebug made me feel like crap after losing to them like that. (2-0'd by all three, 2stocks and stuff) :/ yeah yeah johns, but i felt like bull and i only have myself to blame.

But yeah, mu ratios? O:
Yeah I saw it in your face... wasn't a good look to see... don't worry we both will do better next time. With both of our great characters.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I'd definitely agree with a 70-30 or 65-35. 60-40 is when the Peach is playing nicely.

imo.

I want to make a poll but it seems that I can't anymore ;_;

:052:

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Yeah I saw it in your face... wasn't a good look to see... don't worry we both will do better next time. With both of our great characters.
yo we got this man.

I'd definitely agree with a 70-30 or 65-35. 60-40 is when the Peach is playing nicely.

imo.

I want to make a poll but it seems that I can't anymore ;_;

:052:
im torn between 70:30 and 65:35...idk :/

Top Bottom