• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match Up Week #22 : Peach

Blad01

Smash Lord
Week #22 : Peach

Peach used to be very underestimated, and is currently D Tier on the tier list. Some still think that she deserves a better spot. Insane Dair, abusable chaingrab and floating combos on us, good edgeguarding skills... Peach is a very special lady, that could give some trouble to our favorite bird. How would you fight her ?
Discuss !

-

Vlade

Social Outcast
Peach is pretty underrated, and can give falco trouble if you don't know what you're doing.

Firstly, Peach cannot be chaingrabbed, so dthrow follow-ups are going to be very essential in this match-up. Peach, on the other hand, DOES have a chaingrab on falco. 30% + ftilt. So be mindful of that.

Turnips. Falco shouldn't really have too much trouble with these, since he has the reflector and there's always the option of shielding. Watch out for Granny Turnips though, since they really hurt (even though they have a really low chance of coming out). Just because Peach is holding a Turnip, don't just mindlessly throw your reflector out because you'll just be punished. Be patient and space yourself out of range from the turnip with lasers, and shield if she gets really close and throws it. Only reflector when you're a decent distance away.

Peach enjoys following up turnips with floating aerials, especially dair for shield pressure. If she starts floating above you, shield the aerial and then immediately retaliate with SH Nair or bair OoS. Be sure to follow her DI because they're more than likely to float away after the aerial is finished, and use the appropriate aerial for wherever she is (behind, bair. Above or in front, nair).

Peach is very capable of gimping falco's phantasm, so be sure to sweetspot if you know they're not going to edgehog. It is possible to dair her out of the parasol, but it's probably just best to edgeguard with bairs and get as much damage as possible.

Falco has an easier time racking up damage, even without the chaingrab thanks to dthrow follow-ups, jabs, lasers, IAP's and aerials. In order for Peach to keep up, she needs to get in quite close to really pack a punch. But when she DOES get in, falco is in a world of pain.

Falco's best killing option is usmash. Peach would probably go for gimps with nair or something on phantasm. She also has the almighty fair at her disposal, and utilt can kill surprisingly well. You do not want to be above peach anyway since she can outrange dair.

It's probably not a wise idea to pick japes against Peach. She actually does really well there, and we have no 0-death. I don't think it's banworthy though.

Falco would want to play on FD, BF and possibly Rainbow Cruise. Peach sucks at that stage. I'd say the best bet though would be BF since it's hard for her to float above falco for dairs and whatnot (still possible), while the platforms give peach a hard time approaching.

In the past I've been CP'ed Luigi's Mansion and Delfino. I'd probably ban Luigi's but that's just me. Peach can really screw you over on Delfino, since the stage works quite nicely for her. Oh, and whatever you do, DO NOT play on Lylat for the first match of a tourney set. It's probably her best neutral (if it's neutral at your tournies).

Overall, I'd say 50:50, or possibly 55:45 falco's favour for this match-up. Falco has good damage racking and can space well, while peach has gimps, aerial priority, good edgeguarding and a chaingrab at her disposal.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
if played properly peach is one of falco's easiest match ups even without the chain grab spike

if falco laser camps peach it is very difficult for her to approach

falco's laser's stop peach's floating which is probably her best option of approaching and if she does approaching by floating falco's u tilt and possibly his nair can beat out her dair

a grounded peach has no moves other than her turnips that can out range falco's jab and f tilt

peach can do a dair combo at low percentages to rack up a bit of damage and can also chaingrab falco tilt about 20 or 30 something percent I believe but peach's small grab range make's it difficult for her to grab a falco with good spacing

I'd say the match up is about 60:40 falco's favor

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Falco would want to play on FD, BF and possibly Rainbow Cruise. Peach sucks at that stage.
LOLOLOL @ cruise.

You want FD. Peach will **** you on Rainbow Cruise. Brinstar too. Ban one of them; I nearly three stocked DEHF on Brinstar, and only took one stock off of him on FD and BF >_< Lylat should work somewhat for Peach too, and I'd assume Luigi's Mansion would be **** but it's banned in my region.

Here's the thing. Peach can CG Falco, and cannot be CG'd in return. She demolishes Falco's recovery- two frame nair that beats it, usmash that'll sweetspot if he phantasm's through it and kills at 90, and turnips that block his side-B. If he falls below the stage lip, he's dead; she can float against the ledge and release when Falco up-B's at it for a free edgehog.

Rainbow really gives Peach an even greater advantage since she's so good at edgeguarding Falco and he has to keep moving. It's a great Peach stage since she can float and she moves with the camera.

On paper, it sounds like Peach has an advantage. She can halt all of Falco's approaches and keep him offstage very easily But in practice...

Falco should camp her. Peaches are used to using autocancelled aerials and/or glide tossing to approach. Pin her down with laser fire, force her to approach on the ground, reflect any glide tosses, and predict her close range actions as she's very limited, and she just can't touch him. DEHF ***** me >_< I think he took four stocks off of me for my one in crews.

60-40 Falco's favor easy, probably worse on neutrals and even on CPs with uneven terrain.

EDIT: *scrolls up*

OH HI DEHF XD
Didn't see you there <3
Best Falco I've ever seen ^_^ hope you don't mind being used as a reference.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Rainbow cruise is just personal preference. I thought everyone thought along the same lines as me. If I've already won on BF and they ban FD, then I go RC or SV.

Brinstar would definitely be **** against falco.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'd assume Luigi's Mansion would be **** but it's banned in my region.
It is. :bee:

If you're a Falco unlucky enough to have it legal in your state, be sure to ban it, or have a secondary that does well on there - MK, Rob, Olimar, Zelda.

I agree with Vlade's initial description and Praxis's ratio, 60:40 Falco.

Cia

das kwl
the first post in the thread really covered alot of the match up. so i this everyone should definitely take the time to read that.

but i'd say the match is 60:40 Falco's favor. it's hard for peach, but not hopeless.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
a grounded peach has no moves other than her turnips that can out range falco's jab and f tilt
minor correction/continuing this thought:

Actually the second hit of her jab and her dtilt outrange falco's jab and have the same reach as his ftilt. Falco's jab outranges her jab's first hit by a very small margin.

Now that I'm done nitpicking xP, yeah 60-40 sounds reasonable.... regardless it's not in her favor.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Rainbow cruise is just personal preference. I thought everyone thought along the same lines as me. If I've already won on BF and they ban FD, then I go RC or SV.

Brinstar would definitely be **** against falco.
0.o

Really?
Back in WA I always pick Rainbow Cruise on Falco...at BIO2 it was banned so I went Brinstar (found out afterwards Brinstar was banned too but we didn't know it LOL)

Rainbow lets me actually approach by forcing the Falco to keep moving. In a matchup where Peach is inhibited by her inability to approach, it's really nice.

Vlade

Social Outcast
0.o

Really?
Back in WA I always pick Rainbow Cruise on Falco...at BIO2 it was banned so I went Brinstar (found out afterwards Brinstar was banned too but we didn't know it LOL)

Rainbow lets me actually approach by forcing the Falco to keep moving. In a matchup where Peach is inhibited by her inability to approach, it's really nice.
I can definitely see the logic there.

Maybe Australian Peaches just don't know how to play on rainbow cruise :/

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
its between 5-5 and 6-4 falco's favour imo.
at first peach seems to have many options against falco, but lasers just screw up all her approaches making hard that she can pull out chaingrab/combos on falco.
Just space as much as you can avoiding peach's best moves, for stages BF/FD work fine, I wouldn't recommend to fight peach in lylat since she's good there and its one of falco's worst stages.
and after that reasoning up there I don't think rainbow cruise is good against peach either xD.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
dunno if this is mentioned but you can uptilt after they dair your shield if they don't space it correctly.

Top Bottom