• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Re-Discussion: Falco

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I haven't played this matchup much, but would it be possible to use the CG to mindgame the falco?

You see, Falco is probably going to do everything possible to avoid the grab, which means that when we're in close, he would be more likely to dodge/attack than shield. Doesn't this just beg for a Dsmash? (After all, it's quick, hits both sides, and outlasts rolls/spotdodges.) When he starts shielding the Dsmash, THEN we grab him. Obviously, the CG can only be started at low percentages, but still, I think the falco is very vulnerable to mindgames then. And besides, considering how tough the grab can be to land, easy damage shouldn't be overlooked...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Lol you guys are funny.

This matchup is 70:30 or 75:25, Falco's hardest. Our CG is much more viable than ICs. Our hands can't be separated from our body while nana can be separated. The CG is hard to get? Lol Prime got it 3 times against DEHF but choked hardcore so he couldn't get the kill.

Beginning of the match start off with T-jolts and approaching. Whenever you get a lead, stop approaching and wait for him. You don't get hit by lasers when ducking, but watch out for the fall of DJ lasers back onto the level. Those will hit you, but you can shield. If you are camping, don't go to the very edge, go like 3/4s length of the stage away so that you don't get into a bad position if you are hit (You would be off the stage).

If you are worried about the CG spike, just let lasers hit you to about 30% so you won't get CG'd (Assuming you have a big enough lead to do that). Relax and stay patient: That is the key to this Match-up. If you get too aggressive you will get hit, lose the lead, and Falco will make it very difficult for you to come back. However, if you make HIM approach when you have the lead, the Match-up becomes easy.

Lol this match is so easy.

BTW ratios, EVEN IN BRAWL, are how many matches out of 100 you should be winning. Don't do the BS difficulty crap. That is ********. You can read that in the posts themselves about how difficult things are to pull off.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Uh, nobody said our CG (the normal, buffered dthrow one) is less viable than ICs'. We were talking about CG > buffer uair > footstool > QAL/jab lock > death.

Also, like it or not, Brawl ratios aren't how many /100 you should win. It's just not the standard this community goes by, so you can choose to look at them that way, but you won't be reading the numbers the way they were intended to be read. =X

EDIT: Also gonna point out that although Prime got the CG three times against Larry match one and once game two, it didn't matter. Granted, Larry's a better player (and Prime should've gone for the time out match 1), but it illustrates my point: if the Falco is good enough, the CG doesn't make the MU a walk in the park -- which is what you're implying with such an extreme ratio. Realistically, he can catch up and possibly kill you before you can kill him.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
can pika fsmash falco out of the d-throw cg?
im pretty sure i saw green ace do that to a falco, but it could have been that falcos lack of exp in this mu

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If players are at the same level the CG makes it a cake in the park. DEHF is one of the best players in the world, and Prime, although a good player, is nowhere near the level of player DEHF is. Prime also choked, missed a ton of punishes, and air dodged into so much...but that is different.

The D-throw uair footstool would be interesting around the end of the %s that it works....

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Prime still contributes to Pikachu's current placings the 3rd most.

Come on (step it up) Prime! Rep that Pikachu

Zodiark

Smash Apprentice
No it's not, it's proven theory. It's like saying that IC's chaingrabs aren't completely mastered under stress yet, so we shouldn't consider them.

We should consider all options.
lol , I play ICs and Pikachu and I can tell you the "0-death" is harder than IC's infinite.

DUB

Smash Lord
What moves beat out phantasm? I'm sure N-air does. If D-smash does if would be easy to land possibly follow up tech chase with a grab.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Everything beats phantasm if you connect with the second half.
Falco doesn't have a hurtbox during the first half.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
fthrow x 2 -> dthrow x12 -> up angled ftilt at ledge/usmash anywhere else imo

also what stages are good for this match-up if you aren't focusing on CGs the whole time? i'm thinking something like lylat or Castle Siege to avoid laser spam

M@v

Subarashii!
Honestly this mu is bad, but Ice climbers are worse for Falco. In addition, I feel if pikachu didn't have the ridiculous cg, falco would actually WIN this mu.

I mean its a still a matchup I'd much prefer to go marth in, but at the same time I have yet to lose to a pikachu with falco in tournament.(None of them could do the buffered chaingrab consistently though so I would get out early :troll:)

Cassio

Smash Master
Most Falcos are bad at fighting ICs and most pikas are bad at fighting falcos. When all players have sufficient knowledge of the MU pika should be worse, although I personally dont think its horrid.

imo Falco would win the MU only if he had his CG and we had none, but that would be rather silly.

SB I like BF the most because of our platform pressure. Although castle siege is actually a really good suggestion, Ill have to try that more.

Roller

Smash Legend
Having Falco exp with both chars, I believe they are roughly the same level of difficulty for Falco. However I agree with Tag on Falcos not knowing what to do vs ICs and Pikas not knowing vs Falco.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I really hate when people speculate the MU and say "when Pika doesn't have a CG" because that fact is completely irrelevant because we DO have the CG. If they play on platforms for 60%, now they are at a 60% disadvantage, which is still a rather large disadvantage.

We **** Falcos.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I prefer (in order of favorite to least) PS1, Lylat, and Castle.
I'm going to have to grind out the ledges on PS1 one of these days lmao, but yeah that would be a good stage in this MU. Thanks ESAM =D

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I really hate when people speculate the MU and say "when Pika doesn't have a CG" because that fact is completely irrelevant because we DO have the CG.
A huge pet peeve of mine also (in any MU discussion)..... -____-

Top Bottom