• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Rediscussion: Zelda vs Pit

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I think its really close to even, but Pit has arrow spam and gimping, so Im thinking it might be Pit advantage likr GaH says, but I think we do outrange him on the ground slightly iirc, so idk it doesnt seem like too threatening of a matchup at all.

Edit: How good is Pit at planking?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
this one is, for all intents and purposes, even.

Pit should win on his stage CP, we should win on ours and on a neutral stage, we go about even.

if anyone has an advantage, it's pit (unless zelda presses down+B) but pit's advantage is small

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. If it weren't for arrows I'd call this 50-50 or maybe even Zelda's advantage.

Don't airdodge Pit's fair behind him or else you'll eat a bair :)

45-55 Pit

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yeah. If it weren't for arrows I'd call this 50-50 or maybe even Zelda's advantage.

Don't airdodge Pit's fair behind him or else you'll eat a bair :)

45-55 Pit
not even sure I'd say that's accurate.

it might be smaller than a 55:45 adv

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I would be fine with less, but for the sake of our matchup legibility 45-55 is sufficient. No offense to Kaylo's Pika chart but I don't like having such hodge-podge numbers as they hurt my noggin...

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
No offense to Kaylo's Pika chart but I don't like having such hodge-podge numbers as they hurt my noggin...
The reason we do "hodge-podge" numbers is because we like to know MUs' difficulties relative to one another.

Having 9-10 MUs all at 45:55 (or any ratio) isn't helpful, and the 5-interval system is sort of limiting when you want to know which MUs are relatively harder than others. This goes for Pikachu especially since his MUs are pretty much all neutral-ish.

Personally, I don't see why it's so difficult to read numbers that don't end in 0 or 5, but I guess I see what you're saying.

I don't mean to come off any type of way, btw, just explaining our board's reasoning.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Indeed!, well let's get back to matters at hand and not hurt our noggins anymore!

So... it's looking like 45:55?... is everyone happy with this? Say so now! Also giving me some nifty bullet pointers like "Pit will do this to zelda throughout... zelda needs to do this to be safe..." would help me out immensely for the OP. So any further pointers would be great!

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Some bullets perhaps?

-Dins Fire Pit's Glide and WoI. It can really put pressure on his recovery and make him extra cautious.

-Pit's Fsmash is a great move. The second hit can however be DIed out of, to save some kill attempts.

-Learn to powersheild in this matchup. Reflecting arrows is a big nuisance because of Pit's ability to charge arrows and the speed/curviture of them.

-Fsmash and Ftilt slightly outrange Pit. Even though Zelda will be approaching in this matchup, take advantage of these spacing moves.

-Multiple Usmashes are possible at low percentages, as Pit has poor vertical gain on his jumps.

-Pit is going to try really hard to get you into the air. Dtilt and Utilt are two good moves that can get you into the air (althought you shouldnt be in range for utilt anyway, watch for it OoS), and once you're there be prepared to eat some Uairs and Nairs. Try to get to the ground as soon as you can, and it's not a good idea to try to and counter with dair.

-One weird thing is that Zelda's recovery can actually be reflected by Pit's sheild during its startup. And with 30 frames of startup, thats a lot of oppurtunity. Just something to keep in mind.

-Offstage, I highly suggest switching up your fall speeds between normal and FF. This goes for when the Pit is arrow spamming from onstage. This can make it difficult for Pit to aim his arrows. You can also NL only if you know if you will not get punished for it.

-Stay away from the ledge when Pit is on it. He is an above average planker, and the correct hitbox on uair can get you offstage for him to start edgeguarding you.

Thats all I got for now, I hope it helps. This is actually one matchup where I feel I have a very good grasp on because I play a very good Pit a lot.

Top Bottom