• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread Export: Falco

Jupz

Smash Master
Japes is usually banned. But yeah its pretty much impossible to even catch falco on there, lol. He can abuse the stage too well with phantasms and lasers and chaingrabs.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
i dont hate japes all that much to tel you the truth.

oh and also if you can predict the side b, the spinning end of our jab stops the phantasm and leaves falco open for a free grab.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
jab does better vs phantasm than ftilt does, but a lot of falcos like to just go over your jab range. If they do this then just start up tilting instead. Also short hop bair is really great to beat phantasm, if you know the timing + the spacing on it *takes a little practice*. Just go to training mode and short hop bair mk a few times, that's about the way you want to do it vs phantasm's that are right on the stage.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
This matchup is even I say, although Falco can rack up the damage early it is tough to get the kill, while 1 grab with Dedede can lead to massive damage on Falco depending on how well you follow up.

Learn to powershield lasers and they wouldn't be that bad. You can punish his shdl just with a running shield grab from a good distance away. If he jabs you DI away the 1st jab and you can grab the 2nd or even 3rd jab.

A good way to punish phantasm is roll away from falco (towards where he will land), let the invincinbility cover the hitbox and then punish/grab in the lag.

Ban Japes if thats legal in your region, if not ban FD.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I find phantasm EXTREMELY punishable, especially when you MIX in jabs, shbair, utilt if you think he will go high, and sometimes even a downsmash or downtilt depending on where you are on the stage.

Lasers can be powershielded, CG can be avoid if you are patient up to non-CG percent and camp platforms.

I feel Falco still has the advantage though, maybe 6-4, especially on the ground, simply because he has SO many great ground options against our fat penguin friend.

Top Bottom