• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread Export: Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

weigelct

Smash Rookie
yeah I know...
I'm just too eager to believe something will make this matchup less ridiculous.

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
My friend was testing PSC and he consistently grabbed MK's tornado and even got a PSC > Utilt. I was skeptical this would help in the MU at first, but now that he said it's kinda easy with grab I believe we might have something here. He'll probably upload the videos tonight, I'll be back with them to show you guys.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
The question is, what if the MK just nados when your in the air?

what if the mk only nados after getting one Up air?

What if the mk just isnt an idiot?

The matchup will not change.

Coney

Smash Master
The question is, what if the MK just nados when your in the air?

what if the mk only nados after getting one Up air?

What if the mk just isnt an idiot?

The matchup will not change.
this guy knows

this gives us another way to punish if they nado at us blindly, but no MK would do that anyway

PSC > utilt is really the only practical thing we can do from this (most MKs nado toward our crown), and that's good since ps'ing the nado is pretty easy, but i'm skeptical on how much it'll help us

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
That's true, but at least they can't just run into us with nado (that's something some pocket MKs do) and if utilting it was already an option, it got easier and you can even do it with a stale utilt. But yeah, it won't change the MU ratio because a good MK will know his way around this, it will only make things easier against the not so good MKs that give trouble to us (well, to me at least).

Anyway, here's the video I promised: (unfortunately, the guy he was playing with didn't record the utilt, but my friend said it is legit, and yes, it was done on wi-fi)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTtCfHQVe3g

Tmacc

Smash Lord
this guy knows

this gives us another way to punish if they nado at us blindly, but no MK would do that anyway

PSC > utilt is really the only practical thing we can do from this (most MKs nado toward our crown), and that's good since ps'ing the nado is pretty easy, but i'm skeptical on how much it'll help us
I still this it's worth practicing, though. It could come in handy in some situations, if the MK makes a mistake or gets a wrong read.

Plus, I think it's worth learning for other MUs as well, it can be useful for anytime we PS. I think it will be MOST useful in the Falco MU is we PS his jab/laser to a grab.

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
I already stated whats the case is.
Fact one: that tornado thing has nothing to do with innocentroads buffering technique
Fact Two: the whole concept doesn't work against a fresh tornado because of shield hitlag + stun. (hitlag is not suffered by MK)
Fact Three: the intervalls between MKs tornado hits can be controlled by MK, if MK presses B the intervalls goes down from 6 frames (you could grab with 6 frame grabs in the video because of grab armor you remember) to 4 frames.
Frames:
Without B: hit nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing hit
With B: hit nothing nothing nothing hit
if MK presses B you can only hit with frame 3 moves out of PS or frame 4 moves that are strong enough (didn't know one yet) or trancendent (they'll trade)
Forget about shieldgrabbing a tornado then... :\

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
So me and Logic were playing yesterday and I accidentally dashed grabbed him out of nado, so we tried again were able to repeat it. Plus as you guys already know you can pivot grab him out of it. This just adds another reason for him to go high with the torndo, and as you know, if he goes high with it you can u-tilt him.

Coney

Smash Master
^what

pivot grabbing nado has literally never worked for me, i've tried it so many times

dash grabbing nado...seems like a really good tool. how the hell does it work?

tbh the issue isn't with if he's going to come in low or high, it's WHEN he's going to use it--it's very, very difficult to do anything on reaction and takes ridiculous precision.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Crap. I was about to reference that. Looks like you beat me to it. By 2 days. Time flies. Nice jobs with the Inhale tricks, and not just D3cide. Liked the use of pivot grabs, if they work on Nado, then I vote we go f*ckin' crazy with it on MK, since it seems to works pretty well normally.

Also, regarding PSC, I think it is DEFINITELY worth practicing. It should scare them out of using Nado to approach as much, even if it turns out we can't do anything useful out of it. It may not fix the Nado problem, but it should make it bearable.

As for MK's tendency to juggle us to 150% from getting us off the stage... we really need to address that. MK loves to get right under D3 and Shuttle-loop his @$$ off while D3 recovers. B-reversal Inhale for landing and D3 landing on the stage/platform at the apex of his recovery have already been mentioned, but what about considering HOW he gets us off the stage on focus on avoiding that. What's his favorite way of putting us in juggling position and kicking us around like he's playing a one-game of fuseball, and how can we **** this tactic. I don't play the matchup to really know anything important about it.

Pandu!

Smash Cadet
Pool 32

Mew2King
SSR
Cook
D-Rock
Pandu!

I'm new to the tournament scene for brawl... and I was originally going to go to pound V for just melee... Now I'm all scurred.

Coney

Smash Master
Pool 32

Mew2King
SSR
Cook
D-Rock
Pandu!

I'm new to the tournament scene for brawl... and I was originally going to go to pound V for just melee... Now I'm all scurred.
don't be! it's funny, M2K was in my first pool ever also...hahah.

don't worry so much about winning as much as learning and improving. if you're really that new, playing and learning will be just as important as winning. if you're feeling particularly nervous or have any questions catch me sometime, i'd be happy to help :D

Pandu!

Smash Cadet
You're right. Plus i've always wanted to play the guy, and i bet most mk's will seem easy after this guy haha.
I'll definitely look for you there, it'd be pretty awesome to learn from the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom