• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [May 16th, 2015] Get Schooled: SSBM Tournament for Charity (Placerville, CA)

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957

May 16th, 2015
Get Schooled 2015 @ El Dorado High School
Double Elimination*

Get Schooled is the first ever Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament for charity that will be hosted at El Dorado High School, which is located in Placerville, California. The tournament will be held on May 16th, 2015. The charity that we will be donating to is Sierra Wildlife Rescue. For more information, wander on over to our navigation page.
*Only the overall winners of the winners' finals will get prizes, so sorry about that!

Address:

561 Canal Street
Placerville, CA 95667
[Click here for Google Maps]

Schedule:
  • Opening / Registration: 10:00AM - 11:00AM
  • Singles / 1-on-1: 11:00AM - 1:00PM
  • Break: 1:00PM - 1:30PM
  • Doubles / 2-on-2: 1:30PM - 3:30PM
  • Closing: 3:30PM - 4:00PM
Entry Fees:
  • 1-on-1 entry only: $8 per person
  • 2-on-2 entry only: $8 per person ($16 for one team)
  • Both 1-on-1 & 2-on-2 entry: $12 per person
  • Spectating: FREE!
Prizes:
  • 1-on-1 1st place winner's prize: 40% of entry fee money collection
  • 2-on-2 1st place team's prize: Other 60% of entry fee money collection (30% per teammate)
Where do I sign up?

A sign-up sheet will be in the building that the tournament will be hosted in (which is a new multipurpose building that has been recently built, so it's pretty nice inside), so we're sorry if you've been trying to find a sign-up sheet for this tournament to no avail!

Links:
Google Docs Directory w/ Info, Rules, & More
EDHS Smash Club Twitter
Get Schooled Facebook

Last edited:

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957
Will you need set ups?
More set-ups would certainly be appreciated! (Hate to admit it, haha.) I'm bringing one set-up (tv, gamecube and all) and one of my friends SHOULD be bringing his own tv and his set-up too, so we'll have 2 at the minimum. If anyone were to bring entire set-ups, they can get in free. I will assist them with bringing in everything. More tvs would certainly speed things up.

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
Awesome I'll supply another TV and GC as well as some spare controllers. (Though Imma hog mine haha) I'll be a guy in a Gengar hat so just look for me. Can't wait to play some Melee for a good cause!

Last edited:

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957
Awesome I'll supply another TV and GC as well as some spare controllers. (Though Imma hog mine haha) I'll be a guy in a Gengar hat so just look for me. Can't wait to play some Melee for a good cause!
Thank you so much! I look forward to seeing you (as well as everyone else) there!

Top Bottom