• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 2, 2015] Sponsored by Buffalo Wild Wings and KTAR SPAU 4 Project:M and Smash4 (Livonia, MI)

Roller

Smash Legend
I think a grand total of about $5 went in my pocket after last tourney. Which quite frankly isn't even compensation for the work of TOing. The only TO to make money of any notable amount recently was probably Juggleguy for the big house.

JTsm

Smash Master
This will be the first and only tourney that I will allow free venue since I've been lucky lately.... I might even throw in a $100 dollar money pot, but we'll see if we get 30+ :denzel:

Updated the attendance list. WE STILL NEED MOAR SETUPS. May 5th is a looong ways away and more than likely 30+ people might show up. It's important to have as many setups as we can to accommodate everyone!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I have decided I am not throwing in the towel on the season's length yet. I posted again so....Panelists....get back in there lol. Just had to bring up another point, I hadn't thought about before.

Also Hot ArmS, who do you know that just uses left over venue solely for profit? I mean me personally, if you look at Phoenix Saga, I offer gas money for travelers, raffles and other stuff. Some of the time, I have to dip even further in my pocket for this stuff even after the venue. And when I ran Get Schooled series those tournaments were so small, the most I made was $15 bucks lol. I like to use any extra resources to enhance the tournament experience. I think its the best use of the money. And honestly even if someone didn't...its their decision. They are the ones taking the time and energy to run an event for other people's entertainment. The amount of money you would likely gain from MI events isn't anywhere near the work that's involved anyway. It really shouldn't matter to be honest. At least they're providing a tournament.

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah I mean, if I made a profit off this then cool, but I'd rather put the money towards people coming to my tournament. The reason everything is so cheap is because I want as many people as I can to come. MI needs to play more than just worry about teh moneiz.

Mr~C

Smash Apprentice
I have decided I am not throwing in the towel on the season's length yet.
I know im a scrub at reading posts on smashboards and LAZY to fish them out and always late on things but why were you thinking about quitting? I did hear rumors that you were unmotivated or some sh*t..

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah he meant that he's not giving up making my tourney the season finisher for the next PR.

:phone:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'm actually graduating on May 5th. Maaaay stop by afterward to celebrate if I'm not doing anything with the family. ;)

JTsm

Smash Master
Yay, sounds good ^^.

Darklouis: Awe snap congrats man! We'll deff celebrate!

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
I never really said whether I "liked" it or not. I just mentioned that it was in fact a rule we had neglected last time.

That being said... I do like the rule.

Take that with more than a few grains of salt tho, obv.

JTsm

Smash Master
Take that with more than a few grains of salt tho, obv.
Considering that you are in fact an :popo: main, you should love this rule. lol

And yeah, you can ban the 3 starter stages. I'll have that rule noted on the stage list for each setup just so everyone can see.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Small tournament with a ****ty *** rule. Probably going to skip this.

It has nothing to do with ICs on FD as I'm sure Roller can contest. It's simply a ******** rule.

JTsm

Smash Master
Ooops, I meant *can* not can't. Sorry for the misunderstanding. lol.

Top Bottom