• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May for Brawl

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace

May, the female protagonist in Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Now why would I want her in?

- Sole human representative for the Pokemon franchise
- 3rd generation rep. Also 'cuz I don't want the franchise as a whole to be represented in the roster.
- Female character, something that Brawl needs more of.
- half popular, half obscure.
- Popularity: Starred in the anime, along with 3 movies (or four, but who's countin'?)
- Interesting to see a human character in the Pokemon part of the roster.

^Yeah, I'm not very good with my reasoning. Sue me. But still, these are good enough reasons.^

Advantages: Attacks have good range, fast movement speed
Disadvantages: Lightweight, Low resistance to damage.

MOVESET:

(B BUTTON MOVES)
B: Mawile- May pulls out Mawile, which will latch on to and bite anyone who gets too close. Causes 5% damage every time the B button is pressed while Mawile holds May's opponent.
Smash B: Pokeball Catch- May throws a Pokeball at an opponent, trapping him/her. Change trajectory with control stick and power with B button hold. 7% Damage.
Up B: Sky Uppercut- May calls out Blaziken, who performs Sky Uppercut to pull both May and Blaziken up. Good recovery. Has a disjointed hitbox. varies between 2-12% damage.
Down B: Bike Trick- May pulls off a spinning trick on her Bicycle, damaging anyone who gets too close. If used too frequently, however, she falls off and takes 4% damage. 14% Damage

(A BUTTON MOVES)
A- Jab 1-2% Damage
A (2 times)- right hook 2-3% Damage
Tilt left/right A- Side Kick: Similar to Fox's F-tilt. 5-9% Damage.
Tilt Up A- Hand Push: Performs an upward push. 6-9% Damage
Tilt Down A- Heel Kick: Similar to Zelda's D-tilt. 5-8% Damage. Edgeguard move.
Dash A- Slide Kick: performs a spinning slide kick. 6-10% Damage
Smash left/right A- Rod Smack- Smacks the opponent with her fishing rod. 16-22% Damage. Also deflects attacks in a similar manner to Ness's forward Smash.
Smash Up- Handstand Kick: performs a double kick while handstanding. 14-20% Damage
Smash Down- Twirl Kick: Performs a low spinning roundhouse kick. 13-19% Damage
Neutral Air- Poke Spin: Similar to Zelda's Neutral air, minus the magic. 2-3 & damage per hit, max of 6 hits
Forward Air- Taillow peck: pulls out Taillow to attack enemies. 6-8% Damage per hit, max of 2 hits
Backward Air- Taillow peck Reverse: same as Taillow peck, but attacks enemies from the rear. 5-8% Damage per hit, max of 2 hits
Upper Air- Headbutt: Bounces up and headbutts the enemy above. 8-11% Damage
Down Air- Rod Hilt (Hit on the tip is a Meteor Smash.)- smacks he opponent with the handle of her fishing rod. 9-16% Damage

(SUPER SMASH)
Poke Pummel: May calls out Latias and Latios to attack her opponents. Latias uses Mist Ball, Latios uses Luster Purge.
50-80% Damage

(GRABS)
Z: Grab
Z (While holding): Knee attack 1% Damage
Tilt Forward: Bubblebeam- May calls Mudkip to perform Bubblebeam. Similar to Mewtwo's F-throw. 4-8%
Tilt Backward: Throw away: Similar to Marth's Backward throw. 3-7% Damage
Tilt Up: Poke Push- Similar to Peach's Upward Throw. 7-10% Damage
Tilt Down: Poke Slam- slams the opponent down with her elbow. 4-8% Damage

(OTHER ATTACKS)
On the ground face down: Swipes with her fishing rod.
On the ground face up: Pushes herself back up, kicking the enemy.
Edge recovery (below 100%): Shoulder tackle.
Edge recovery (100% and above): Low Kick.
Rolling Dodge: Spins around.
Sidestep Dodge: Crosses her arms over her chest and Bends her knees a bit.
Air dodge: Similar to Peach's air dodge.

(STATS)
Size: 3
Weight: 2
Power: 2
Attack Speed: 3
Movement Speed: 4
Damage Resistance: 2
Jump: 3
Overall: 2

(TAUNTS AND KIRBY HAT)
Taunt: Puts her hand on her hip and does a peace sign, saying "Got it!"
Kirby Hat: Bandanna and hair

(Costumes)
Red outfit (normal)
Blue outfit
Green outfit
White outfit
Pink outfit

(WINNING POSES)
1. Rolls a Pokeball on her shoulders, pops it in the air, then catches it. Think of Dr. Mario's taunt.
2. Puts her hands behind her, crosses her legs, and looks at the camera with her head down. She smiles.
3. Pets Latias, saying "Good Job!"

I know that she probably won't make it to the Brawl roster, but it doesn't hurt to wish. Feel free to comment, compliment, trash, bash, whatever.

And try to use good reasoning as to why you want her or don't want her in Brawl.

Shark X

Smash Lord
As cute as she is, I'm sure there was a brand new topic for her around here somewhere...either that or someone discussed createing one. Pokemon needs a human representative. May's the cutest for it.

magar

Banned via Administration
Shark X said:
As cute as she is, I'm sure there was a brand new topic for her around here somewhere...either that or someone discussed createing one. Pokemon needs a human representative. May's the cutest for it.
For Once, Me & Shark X Comes Too An Agreement

Yes, May Is Sexy, Id **** Her Anyday, But Ash Has A Better Chance!
& Even His Is Low.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
It's ok and your reasoing does suck, but replace the summoning moves with something else like wailmer pail, Fishing Rod, Mach Brace. I don't know pokemon items

magar

xianfeng said:
It's ok and your reasoing does suck, but replace the summoning moves with something else like wailmer pail, Fishing Rod, Mach Brace. I don't know pokemon items
Ya, Ur too Much Of A DK Nerd :laugh:

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Shark X: Well I have something to say to those people: I got dibs first. Neener.
magar: Screw Ash. Give the more obscre character a chance to shine.
xianfeng: I'll try to look for some alternatives. Thanks for the tip.

Glad everyone's OK with the suggestion. :)

magar

Shadow Calibur said:
Shark X: Well I have something to say to those people: I got dibs first. Neener.
magar: Screw Ash. Give the more obscre character a chance to shine.
xianfeng: I'll try to look for some alternatives. Thanks for the tip.

Glad everyone's OK with the suggestion. :)
Ash Is A Legend And Has A Way Better Chance Than May
But, I Was Thinking Wann't Misty A Trophy In SSBM?
& Prof. Oak Who Started It All!
Think Of Those :p

magar

Shadow Calibur said:
May'd just be called May, I figure.

magar: I thought, they stunk.
Well, May Is Just 2 **** Sexy & A Late Enter In The Pokemon World

So, She Has Allmost No Chance

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
May is actually a good idea for a non-Pokemon character. Cuz she is the only character that got to the anime without getting a serious makeup (Example: Red to Ash). For the first post moveset, I agree with xianfeng. If you give her a moveset based on the anime, she becomes an anime character. And you know what Sakurai thinks about anime characters ;D...
So you should give her Ruby/Sapphire moves. Like Wailmer Pail, Mach Bike, Super Rod, etc. With May inclusion on Brawl, an Emerald style color becomes obligatory.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I don't see why we need a human represntative for pokemon anyway, leave the pokemon representation to the pokemon, if the third gen was represented, it'd be Deoxys or Blaziken, and if they were to add a human representative, it'd be Red.

magar

Iggy K said:
I don't see why we need a human represntative for pokemon anyway, leave the pokemon representation to the pokemon, if the third gen was represented, it'd be Deoxys or Blaziken, and if they were to add a human representative, it'd be Red.
If I "May" Interupt, I Agree w/ da iggy ;)

Shark X

Smash Lord
Tomasiarity said:
May is actually a good idea for a non-Pokemon character. Cuz she is the only character that got to the anime without getting a serious makeup (Example: Red to Ash).
So your saying her game name was May too? Sweet.

If you give her a moveset based on the anime, she becomes an anime character. And you know what Sakurai thinks about anime characters.
Then explain the inclusion of Pikachu, Pichu, and Jigglypuff.

EDIT: Deoxys would be a good rival for Mewtwo. Was Deoxys evil in the games too, or just the series?

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Shark X said:
EDIT: Deoxys would be a good rival for Mewtwo. Was Deoxys evil in the games too, or just the series?
Well in the movie, it was revealed there was more than one(though it's not like the anime should be taken for fact) and Rayquaze attacked two Deoxys which came to earth, I'm not netirkey sure but I think one gets badly wounded and lost, so the other Deoxys goes on a rampage to find it, when does thanks to Ash and co, the two Deoxys go away and that's it, so, no, I guess kinda not. I don't think it did anyhting evil in the games either.

Shark X

Smash Lord
So I guess Mewtwo still holds the record for the only evil Pokemon. Kinda sucks, but it still makes Mewtwo unique I guess. that, and being a man-made Pokemon. And being an Anti-Pokemon.

EDIT: Wait, Mewtwo was only Anti-Pokemon in the series.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Shark X said:
So I guess Mewtwo still holds the record for the only evil Pokemon. Kinda sucks, but it still makes Mewtwo unique I guess. that, and being a man-made Pokemon. And being an Anti-Pokemon.

One of the major factors that I want to keep Mewtwo in brawl.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I myself prefer one of the PokeGirls, and since I do prefer May over Misty anytime, I'd also call for a May. She's just better personality-wise, and is more kind to Ash. I do think the relationship Ash-May currently is just a brother-sister relationship, but I do hope this will change later on, because Ash and May belong together.

Other than that, May's just cute. Yeah, if I was into lolicon I would say I'd love to bang her, but I see her more as a love interest for Ash, and I'd like to keep it that way thank you.

Shark X said:

Indeed, and by the end of the first movie and even troughout the Mewtwo Returns special you'll see that Mewtwo isn't as bad as we think, he's just badass.

Get it? Bad as, badass. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Never mind.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
magar said:
Ya, Ur too Much Of A DK Nerd :laugh:
I used to love pokemon now there's like 400 of them so that me a non poke fan. I remember for my 6th birthday I got like heaps of pokemon stuff I got all the gameboy games, a giant pikachu it was great I still have heaps of it

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
may is a 10 year old pokemon co-ordinator, i dont think she can fight. i think pokemon trainers shouldnt be characters, i think 1 pokemon should represent them (like pikachu representing ash)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
FiErCe_oNi said:
may is a 10 year old pokemon co-ordinator, i dont think she can fight.
naw, may didn't do that co-ordinator stuff in the games. and you sayin girls cant fight? they should just put in may instead of ash/red soley for the reason to show 8 year old sexists who play this game.
>.>
<.<
I'm not gay!

EDIT: as for the serious topic, may should certainly be in because smash needs more females
but she definetly shouldn't replace deoxys for the 3rd gen. deoxys 4ever! so they should put in may AND deoxys for brawl....okay, yeah that would result in too many pokemon chars, but I can dream can I?

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i dont think ash should be in the game, i think hes strongest pokemon should though (charizard and grovyle), ash is short and he isnt a fighter. the movesets they giv him always hav him using his pokemon to attack, i got a better idea, make his pokemon characters, then the game wouldnt need him

tirkaro

Smash Champion
FiErCe_oNi said:
i dont think ash should be in the game, i think hes strongest pokemon should though (charizard and grovyle), ash is short and he isnt a fighter. the movesets they giv him always hav him using his pokemon to attack, i got a better idea, make his pokemon characters, then the game wouldnt need him
captain falcon certainly wasn't a fighter, but did they make the blue falcon playble? no!
the point is, if s/he is from a game,s/ he can get in fine.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
captain falcon was a fighter in the anime and stuff, he IS a bounty hunter, he carrys a gun with him. even though he hasnt been in a non racing game doesnt mean he is just a racer, but have u ever seen or heard of ash or any pokemon trainer fighting by itself?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
FiErCe_oNi said:
captain falcon was a fighter in the anime and stuff, he IS a bounty hunter, he carrys a gun with him. even though he hasnt been in a non racing game doesnt mean he is just a racer, but have u ever seen or heard of ash or any pokemon trainer fighting by itself?
the anime came out AFTER melee. I mean tyson granger/Takao Kinomiya from beyblade got in dream mix TV. I mean, it doesn't get any lower then beyblade, but he was a good fighter. so why cant any poketrainers? they could be given new movesets for the game.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
why are you talking about beyblades? huh? wtf? i dont understand anything you just said, just that beyblades somehow gives pokemon trainers an excuse to be fighters in ssbb?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
FiErCe_oNi said:
why are you talking about beyblades? huh? wtf? i dont understand anything you just said, just that beyblades somehow gives pokemon trainers an excuse to be fighters in ssbb?
I'm using tyson as an example that anyone, no matter who they are, can work in a fighting game, or in this case, SSBB. I cant make that any more clear
plus that post of yours pretty much gives away that I have you beat ;)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
beat at what? i dont get what you said, that because some guy off the most stupid show ever can fight, that means that pokemon trainers should be in ssbb? can u please explain that?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
First of all, Bayblades was a decent show. It wasn't as "stupid" as you said, I've seen more stupid anime. Second, his point was that Tyson, from the television series, a non-fighter, participated in DreamMix TV. If you don't know what DreamMix TV is, it's a video game similar to Super Smash Bros.

DreamMix TV

tirkaro

Smash Champion
alright, I'll make the obvious even more clear if you want.

may is a 10 year old pokemon co-ordinator, i dont think she can fight. i think pokemon trainers shouldnt be characters, i think 1 pokemon should represent them (like pikachu representing ash)
i dont think ash should be in the game, i think hes strongest pokemon should though (charizard and grovyle), ash is short and he isnt a fighter.
right here you said that the pokemon trainers cant fight.
tyson worked well in DMTV, and tyson is short, 12 years old, and he uses freaking tops.(that has to be one bad @$$ top)
ash is basicaly no different from tyson, besides the fact that ash uses actual pokemon instead of superpowered plastic novelties.
you actualy PLAYED as the pokemon trainers in the games. you never played as the pokemon, you only told them orders. so the pokemon trainers actualy should have had a better chance then the normal pokemon to be in the games.
do I have to make this anymore clear?

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well yeah, about that game. i thought u were talkin about a tv show network or sumthin, lol.
but i think that it would be like, in the front of the screen (that the player cant see) the trainer would be controlling the pokemon that is representing its trainer, nvm. i still think trainers shouldnt be characters. think about this, whenever all your pokemon faint, so do you, but not from battle, but from shock. so if you lose to a lvl 2 rattata u would faint? i dont think a character that faints by having their pokemon beat by a lvl 2 rattata (that they could probably crush to death) could be a single fighter, but perhaps everything i just said made no sense?

o well, yugioh sucks mroe than beyblades, "we must play a trading card game to save the world!" wtf?

Drewz

Smash Cadet
She may be able to throw pokeballs around but can she actually fight? I don't think Pokemon needs a human reprasentative.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
If tennis players can be featured in a fighting game (Jump! Superstars), why can't a 10-year old kid?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Drewz said:
She may be able to throw pokeballs around but can she actually fight? I don't think Pokemon needs a human reprasentative.
Bingo. The Pokemon franchise isn't about the human trainers or any of that BS. It's about the hundreds of little critters that run around fighting each other for superiority.

No human representation for Pokemon is ever needed in Brawl.

Ever.

Top Bottom