• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayo Clinic: Over! The ingredients are in the bowl... Did the emulsion hold together, or did it break like so many crumbling Oreos?

D

Deleted member

I'd actually like to see if any Vigs counterclaim, as that would give us a suspect if any of the current two are fakeclaims.
I still think it's too early for massclaiming but now what's done is done.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Unless someone else claims Vig I'm going to put my vote on darkpit, due to inactivity.
Vote Darkpit54

Remind to everyone deadline is at 7:30 PM EST

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'd actually like to see if any Vigs counterclaim, as that would give us a suspect if any of the current two are fakeclaims.
I still think it's too early for massclaiming but now what's done is done.
Its the reason why i came out with it when J claimed.

For if say he was lying, if both vigs stayed silent he would get away with it. But if one comes out and theres 2 claims with one of them not part of either they'll make it known leading to a mismatch.

This either confirms us two, or gives us a target to remove one of the enemies.

I was personally going to wait till we caught either the mafia or the sk to be open, as that way we could slowly erode the game mechanically to victory. But if one of the claims are to come out early then so be.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Though it is compulsive so honestly it doesn't matter really. I'll be willing to wagon Maven as well.
Vote Maven

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Hi guys, I'm sorry, something came up yesterday, but I should be around for today.

Darkpit54 Darkpit54 When you get the chance, I would like to hear your thoughts on the exchange between Moydow and LoneKonWolf goung on above.
Assuming no one counterclaims vig, LoneKon and J are both town. Kon brought up good points, but that's only assuming all three mafia followed the same general pattern (which would be a little foolish.) Poke's defense of Moydow was pretty good, and leads me to be inclined to think that if nothing else, Chu probably isn't scum, as scum wouldn't benefit at all at this point from such blatant, heavy defense of someone. Still unsure about Moydow, but she has definitely contributed, like with her read of FireEmblem.

Do you think it would be in town's best interest for the vigs to state who they are going to target, so us doctors can protect those being fired upon and focus on day phase?
I think definitely once mafioso is out, but I'm unsure about with both of them still here. I'd like to hear what others think, though.

Also, does a doctor's night action still count even if that doctor gets killed? If so, that means Opo thought whoever we're still missing was more likely to get shot by a vig than Ura. Not exactly sure who that would mean, just thought I should put that out there.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hi guys, I'm sorry, something came up yesterday, but I should be around for today.

Assuming no one counterclaims vig, LoneKon and J are both town. Kon brought up good points, but that's only assuming all three mafia followed the same general pattern (which would be a little foolish.) Poke's defense of Moydow was pretty good, and leads me to be inclined to think that if nothing else, Chu probably isn't scum, as scum wouldn't benefit at all at this point from such blatant, heavy defense of someone. Still unsure about Moydow, but she has definitely contributed, like with her read of FireEmblem.

I think definitely once mafioso is out, but I'm unsure about with both of them still here. I'd like to hear what others think, though.

Also, does a doctor's night action still count even if that doctor gets killed? If so, that means Opo thought whoever we're still missing was more likely to get shot by a vig than Ura. Not exactly sure who that would mean, just thought I should put that out there.
In most setups the doc's night action does still work, unless otherwise specified. So I think we're good with that.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Quick hit while I’m on break: no CC from me. As much as I’d like to lay claim to killing Opo/Ura, I’m just another one of the docs.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
To me, the best move seems to be to remove the inactives at this point, so
Vote: Maven89

--------

As long as we don't have a third person claiming Vig, we can probably accept Kon and J's claims as true. I don't think the SK would claim Vig at this point, if they do then it just becomes a matter of lynching from those three until we find the liar. More likely that the SK will claim doc, if anything at all. (For what it's worth I think it's still too early to mass-claim, at least not until we remove either the SK or goon.)

I also think Chu is at least not the remaining mafioso, if they were they'd have no reason to defend me like they did since my head was practically in the noose. Similar for Shish, who could have just joined my wagon for an easy mislynch instead of voting for Maven (though I'll concede this is less than 100% definitive proof of innocence).

If so, that means Opo thought whoever we're still missing was more likely to get shot by a vig than Ura. Not exactly sure who that would mean, just thought I should put that out there.
I think that's a good point, something I had been considering too. Most likely it points to someone who was being seen as suspicious at the time, or who had been inactive. Considering what we've seen in the last few hours, plus the state of the game during day one, to me that seems to narrow down the list of suspects to just Maven and you, or possibly Shish or FE (though I don't think anyone was suspicious of FE at any point in day one). I'm inclined to think the mafioso who got doc'd wouldn't raise this possibility, so I'm going with Maven.

If not that, then someone is doing a pretty good job of hiding in plain sight, at which point I'd say all bets are off, really.

Question for everyone:

If you could lynch anyone in the game that isn't Maven/Darkpit at this very second, who would it be with a little like one line reason as to why?
Given what I said above, to me this question is basically "who do you think is the SK?". And since I don't know what I'm looking for there, that could really be any of us (except you and Kon, for as long as we don't get a third Vig claim). Once you remove those two that leaves my list of potential SK suspects at Bard, Shish, Chu, and FE, and I really can't choose between them at this point.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Moydow, who did you protect n1?

I’d like to hear a claim from Maven and his doc choice prior to letting him take the noose.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Unless he claims a vig, which could make things interesting.

If he doesn’t respond though then yeah I’d be fine with seeing him walk the plank.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

I’d like to hear a claim from Maven and his doc choice prior to letting him take the noose.
I went with FE. I decided the less active players weren't worth protecting, which at the time excluded Opo, Ura, Darkpit, Chu, and Maven, and I didn't go with you or J since you seemed the most likely town-reads and I figured someone else would target you (I promise it wasn't out of bitterness over you targeting me, I try not to let things like that cloud my decision-making). That left Shish, FE, and Kon, and FE was the only one who had anything positive to say about me in day 1 so I went with him.

Maven89

Smash Master
Welp. Not sure if there's much I can do to dig myself out of this mess, but here goes nothing.

Not going to bother making too many excuses for the ****show that was my day 1 performance. I was actually busy and not able to pay much attention to here, but that's not going to convince anyone. If nothing else I at least understand the problem, so I'll try not to let it happen again.

I will admit I wanted to observe to some extent how suspicious people would find me if I contributed little (since Kon at least has said he interprets me being quiet to mean me being scum), to which it turns out the answer is "very". I know that's not really very town-friendly and is entirely self-serving, but I'd just put it down to wanting to observe and understand the game better.

I won't ask anyone to apologise if I get lynched and turn up clean, since that'll all be on me; obviously I know you're going to get nowhere by removing me, but of course I would say that either way.

I'm not going to be around for most of today so I won't be able to contribute much today either; if you want to just lynch me to get rid of someone who isn't able to do much, then that's fine by me, or I can just drop out and let someone else take over. I was rather hoping we'd have at least 48 hour phases for this (don't think it was mentioned before the game started that phases were 24 hours, if I'd known that before the game started I wouldn't have signed up), but oh well.
This comes off way too defeatist to me and is out of line with the rest of Moydow's posts today

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Pokechu’s defense of Moydow is awkward. Kind of reminds me of Pokechu defending Vaan in GoT mafia even though Vaan was little finger, lol.

Maven89

Smash Master

Doc, I protected Pokechu. Thought he didn't do much to make him scummy and was a likely target because everyone kills Pokechu, plus he hadn't posted much and we wouldn't get much information from him. If I was a vig I'd have vig'd Ura.

Maybe because it's her first post today? :confused:
You are really defending Moydow and I just don't see it.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pokechu’s defense of Moydow is awkward. Kind of reminds me of Pokechu defending Vaan in GoT mafia even though Vaan was little finger, lol.
Vaan being Littlefinger had no bearing on his win condition whatsoever except for flavor. Just because he was Littlefinger doesn't mean he was more of a threat than any other place. I defended him then and I'd do it again.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Vaan being Littlefinger had no bearing on his win condition whatsoever except for flavor. Just because he was Littlefinger doesn't mean he was more of a threat than any other place. I defended him then and I'd do it again.
LOL EBWOP

place ---> player

dumb autocorrect

D

Deleted member

I'd be more suspicious of him if there was more than 1 Mafioso alive but as it is now I don't see it as particularly scummy.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You are really defending Moydow and I just don't see it.
She hasn't done anything wrong. She had some interactions with Ura but that could just be bad luck and she still has managed to contribute some things, maybe not in D1 but definitely toDay. She hasn't done anything out of the norm for an inactive.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Actually it reminds me more of when Pokechu defended LoneKon/Moydow when they were scum in a previous game. There just really wasn’t a good reason for it.

He was in a house by himself, but you blindly just trusted his win condition without a second thought. It’s easy to say in hindsight that defending him was fair game but you didn’t remotely question the integrity of his claim. It’s just odd is all.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
He was in a house by himself, but you blindly just trusted his win condition without a second thought. It’s easy to say in hindsight that defending him was fair game but you didn’t remotely question the integrity of his claim. It’s just odd is all.
But his win condition ended up being the same as the rest of us? :confused:

Or is this saying that I didn't consider his wincon being different? Which, I did. But the wagon against him was still 200% garbage.
Actually it reminds me more of when Pokechu defended LoneKon/Moydow when they were scum in a previous game. There just really wasn’t a good reason for it.
Yes, there was. They had the best town games out of ALL the townies.

D

Deleted member

What exactly are you trying to imply out of Chu's behaviour? That Moydow is actually scum and Chu is misguided? Because that's how I'm reading this.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'd be more suspicious of him if there was more than 1 Mafioso alive but as it is now I don't see it as particularly scummy.
Nah it’s clear that there are no connections here. It’s about identifying individual scummy plays at this point. Filtering out the fake from the legitimate.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
What do/would you find suspicious about my defense of her? :confused:

BarDulL

Town Vampire

Or is this saying that I didn't consider his wincon being different? Which, I did. But the wagon against him was still 200% garbage.

You didn’t know his win condition until post-game. In the moment, when you didn’t know anything, you just haplessly followed along.

And uh...I must respectfully disagree with your assessment of town play in general, lol.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You didn’t know his win condition until post-game. In the moment, when you didn’t know anything, you just haplessly followed along.

And uh...I must respectfully disagree with your assessment of town play in general, lol.
I didn't know his win-condition, but there was just as much evidence suggesting it was the same as everyone else's as it was for it being different. It's not haplessly following along, and I don't know why you think it is.

Their town play was the best in the game because they actually pieced together theories. It also helps when there's a handful of inactive townies. And yeah, Moy and Kon were inactive, too, but when they posted they used solid, sound logic that went beyond just what people had posted.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So with everyone alive dropping in since LoneKonWolf's vig claim, I guess both the Goon and SK are going with the safer counterclaim of doctor.

They were mostly being opportunistic scum, town just tunneled on other town that's why they lost mutton mafia

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Their town play was the best in the game because they actually pieced together theories. It also helps when there's a handful of inactive townies. And yeah, Moy and Kon were inactive, too, but when they posted they used solid, sound logic that went beyond just what people had posted.
For example, Moy used the fact how I had the highest activity to put off lynching me. She was the only one to consider that a scum might not want that amount of attention when there's some townies who were barely making more than a post per day.

I recall Kon being the first to put together similarities between Shish's play then and his play in FEH2 Mafia. Kon was a lyncher and his target was Shish, but when they use information and evidence like that, they're obviously going to have a good town game, despite being mafia.

D

Deleted member

I'm not going to let garbage reasoning kill a townie. :confused:

What do you expect I do?
It's not that I disagree with your points but behaviour like that is usually scummy due to creating connections.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I don't really see how Chu's defence of Moydow is scummy. Wouldn't mafia just let us lynch her without really questioning it?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Pokechu’s sense of towniness IMO is pretty skewed. I’m not really sure I understand it; by Moydow’s own admission, Moydow played pretty passive and didn’t say much on D1, but Pokechu nonetheless is essentially white knighting Moydow as though Moydow is the pinnacle of Town performance.

I’m leaning town but it is what it is.

Top Bottom