• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA BTDT -Next- Xanadu, 8/27/11

g-regulate

Smash Hero
added
i love how chus biweeklies are always "final". dont miss the last one ever!!

VA has mad tourneys, and we dont even own Wiis. step it up MD.

i lied about going all jiggs, just gonna go snake on MKs.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
Turbo plans on attending chus for brawl and plus

If anyone wants to team hit me up via pm, aim, or if u know my number.

If not I will just have fun in singles, serious offers only (like paying for my teams, haha)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Show me a tournament in VA or MD on the 22 and I will be ****ing there in my used car with a set in the trunk.

...Please, Tristan_Win wants to collect that best sheik title. ^_^

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Would anyone be interested in a Brawl+ tourney in 2 weeks on Sunday, the day after C3? Maybe Melee on the side.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
updated!

So i'm thinking of having a future C3 tournament be METAKNIGHT BANNED. Nothing permanent, just sorta a test run to see how it goes to learn from it. maybe even draw in some people who quit the game? Probably do it for September or October

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I wasn't speaking to you specifically JCaesar, but you're more than welcome and encouraged to join in my tournament. I'll let you know when i can talk to C3 Dave about Brawl + tournaments! (I know that all his wiis are modded)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'd gladly go to any Brawl+ tourney at C3. I'm not interested in a MK-banned Brawl tourney though.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
a Melee tournament could be possible, gonna have to chat with C3 Dave about it though. If there's a melee event, I'd like it to not interfere with the brawl events, so hopefully have both of them in the same month.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
why not do the melee event at 11am-12pm and then do brawl at 6pm like normal

Dave would probably be down with that, two different crowds

I'd come

SOVAman

Smash Hero
updated!

So I'm Thinking Of Having A Future C3 Tournament Be Metaknight Banned. Nothing Permanent, Just Sorta A Test Run To See How It Goes To Learn From It. Maybe Even Draw In Some People Who Quit The Game? Probably Do It For September Or October
this

Loooool

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So I'm going host a large Brawl+ tourney in mid or late September. I already have interest from NY and PA, and I bet I could get NC to come up too. I just wanted to check, what would be a good weekend? Is there a C3 or a circuit event already planned for September? I'd like to avoid the same date as a major MD/VA tourney, because I'd like to have a decent local turnout to compete with the OOSers. Well actually I wouldn't care about competing with C3 except I needs mah teammate for this :p

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea, id like to come to that

C3 is usually the 3rd saturday of the month, USUALLY. but i can check to see what next months is this week.

HEWB

Smash Rookie
Hey, does anyone live near or in Chesapeake Virginia? I'm from there and I want to know if there are any smashers (Particularly BRAWL) to play with and anyone that I can travel with to tournies.

I've been playing for a while, and I want to find a scene over here.

Visitor Message me preferrably if you can. :)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So here I am, in Virgina now, 3 hours away from all the tournaments. If I hosted one sometime in November, a good one with a venue (don't know how often you guys are stuck in somebody house for a tournament) in Petersburg Virgina or Richmond, what are the chances of people coming? What I could do is delay it, make it a large multiday tournament, and bring up the Florida players if that's what it takes to get people down here.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind running melee. There seems to be an interest in it still, but that interest needs to turn into participation. I do enjoy watching people play melee and wouldn't mind learning how to play in competitively.

If there is enough interest in Brawl+ I wouldn't mind running that. The problem is none of the players who help me out at events have the homebrew channel. So we would really have to rely on people to bring modded wiis.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There are enough people in MD/VA with modded Wiis for a good size B+ tourney. You just have to announce B+ in advance so they come out for it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Something I'd do to make avoid cheating. Have a copy of the basic GST file with you (along with file replacement code for their music and texture hacks) and copy it onto their sd card and upload the homebrew yourself to avoid a slight alteration of Brawl+ to put the game in someone's favor. I have thought about how to avoid such a thing, and this seems the best way to do so.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm just going to overwrite all the pertinent files on everyone's SD card with the official ones.

If someone is caught cheating, they will be immediately DQed and banned from all future tournaments I host.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Something I'd do to make avoid cheating. Have a copy of the basic GST file with you (along with file replacement code for their music and texture hacks) and copy it onto their sd card and upload the homebrew yourself to avoid a slight alteration of Brawl+ to put the game in someone's favor. I have thought about how to avoid such a thing, and this seems the best way to do so.
trust me this is md/va no one is gonnna cheat around here thatd be dumb of them they would be ex-communicated

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Haha I was just about to ask if ya'll did brawl + up there, good stuff. Long time no see fellas.

Top Bottom