• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
depends on who u want to switch to Phil. but i feel like you've put too much time into MK. you've gotta figure out why you aren't improving as fast as you should be improving anymore

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Phil has improved and when playing good can play on par with chu and lie. Phil doesn't know matchups, that's probably his biggest problem but he learns quickly.

:phone:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
depends on who u want to switch to Phil. but i feel like you've put too much time into MK. you've gotta figure out why you aren't improving as fast as you should be improving anymore
Word, I've been watching vids of top players with MK who wreck at matches I suck at(snake/ICies/MK dittos) + playing more so we'll see how my next event goes. Got the ditto down pretty well tho.
Phil has improved and when playing good can play on par with chu and lie. Phil doesn't know matchups, that's probably his biggest problem but he learns quickly.

This isn't true at all LMFAO. Chill, much <3 tho bro.

:017:

falco03

Smash Lord
phil your biggest problem is pressure. you fall for baits way to easily

june/ me win with no tech skill. stop tryna learn how to attack perfectly. learn how to ready approaches and people escapes.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
yo welcome back jrugs, if you need a ride to tuesday xanadu's hit me up, i think i'm gonna free up tuesdays this year, i can grab you from my work if you're still going to the same college

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so u can just give up midway again? oh hell nah. i only train people to be da bess; not decent.
Chill bro. I didn't quit. I hit a plateau and EVERYONE knew it. I started playing other fighting games and have been like pulling the **** I learned from that back into smash. not sure if it's gonna help or not but I feel like I think a lot more clearer while playing now then I did before.

for Zak

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
So yeah at collision I tried going all Pit, felt bad though because I definitely feel like I could have beaten xzax and nakat's metaknights with pikachu. I'm not the guy who will go solo all one character, I have to use two. If a mk wrecks my Pit I want to have the option to take him on with pikachu. It's an advantage on my part to be able to have 2 characters I play well. It's not even the character, I'm just bad so if I can better then I will get better with Pit and Pikachu simultaneously. But for now I think I'll take a breather from the game so I can come at the mk matchup with a fresh mindset, maybe around the time Aposl hosts the next xanadu.

Also, pink fresh seems to be in prime condition again, wouldn't be surprised if he gets on the next PR. Also, me being off the next PR won't be a surprise either with takeover, slikvik, neo, and omni starting to play again and if korn actually starts entering singles.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Luckay real sad. Breaks help tho. enjoy and come back like.

ay im ready to slap ppl with this pit (and pikachu if i get slapped but i won't because my pit is so good)

AFK

Jrugs

Smash Ace
So yeah at collision I tried going all Pit, felt bad though because I definitely feel like I could have beaten xzax and nakat's metaknights with pikachu. I'm not the guy who will go solo all one character, I have to use two. If a mk wrecks my Pit I want to have the option to take him on with pikachu. It's an advantage on my part to be able to have 2 characters I play well. It's not even the character, I'm just bad so if I can better then I will get better with Pit and Pikachu simultaneously. But for now I think I'll take a breather from the game so I can come at the mk matchup with a fresh mindset, maybe around the time Aposl hosts the next xanadu.

Also, pink fresh seems to be in prime condition again, wouldn't be surprised if he gets on the next PR. Also, me being off the next PR won't be a surprise either with takeover, slikvik, neo, and omni starting to play again and if korn actually starts entering singles.
Wait you went to collision and didn't tell me. Wtf I would have paid for gas.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I'll mm your pika with both mk and falco. My falco wasn't anything special but it beat you so you must not be so special either. Honestly instead of loosing to me and nakat and *****ing in this thread about how you went pit and you could of beaten us with pika, how about you accept your loss and do something about it like a GOOD player would.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
lol if you want, sure. Falco first if you're confident enough. :awesome: And calm down, guy. I know I'm not special if I can't beat textbook Falco, I would have a clear kill after a powershield, but panic and mess up the punish. I can and will say I could have done better with another character if I feel like it which is why I didn't care to censor your name preventing you to namesearch yourself in here to call me out. I can accept losing and talk about why I lost in the downtime between tourneys since the "doing something about it" part wont come until the next one. I honestly would have offered to money match if we didn't leave like right after GF, hadn't crossed my mind to do any all day.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I went all one character, still placed mediocre at collision.

No, I told you to stop using multiple characters and to only use Pikachu. I don't see any future in your Pit.

Also, your performance was a reflection of how good your Pit is by itself. The same will apply with your Pikachu. Essentially, until you enter several tournaments and get into the habit of only using just one character you're gonna' be garbz.

1.) Study ESAM.
2.) Study ESAM some more.
3.) Study ESAM even more.
4.) When you practice, use Pikachu.
5.) When you MM, use Pikachu.
6.) When you enter tournaments in singles and doubles, use Pikachu.
7.) Win games; lose games.
8.) Review your lost games. Why did it happen? What could you have done better? i.e. What would ESAM do?
9.) Study ESAM.

I bet if I did JUST that I'd have a better Pikachu then you within a month.

Top Bottom