• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Nah, the car was my Mom's in the first place. She needed the car back.

But insurance only covered a small portion; not the entire car. Really gay.

gf is gone for 2 weeks. if anyone wants to brawl with me in Silver Spring after 6:30 let me know
for 2nd pagesies

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
I'd never make the complete switch over to Melee. There's a huge entry barrier, coming into the metagame a decade late, and I'd refuse to surrender all the time and experience I've gathered playing Brawl to start all the way at the beginning again.

Maybe it's a good idea for some people who care about competition more than me, but I really don't care about Melee, and I'm sure their players would say the same about Brawl.

If it weren't literally 11 years later, it'd be fine. I think I'd like Melee better anyway, to be completely honest. But there's an entire generational gap you're talking about.
^pretty much this. At this point, it would take a LONG time to learn all of the melee techniques AND catch up to the melee metagame, which something i could never have the patience for.

But smash 64 tho..........

Coney

Smash Master
Anybody want to play tonight @ Omni's? Willing to go but not sure if it's worth 40 minutes for some 1v1 with a rusty has-been. :yeahboi:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Would go if I had a ride, CP is like 20 minutes from silver spring

Edit: Actually there is a bus I can take to silver spring if anyone would be able to pick me up from there idk how close the stop is to omni's house.

Coney

Smash Master
Number's (443) 517 - 3932.

Not sure when I'm heading up, but it should be sometime soon. Any idea what time you'll be at the stop?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Umm, I'd imagine around 7$ jrugs.

Coney, the next stop at my school for silver spring comes at 6:15 in which I would probably be in silver spring around 6:40.

Or I could get on at 6:55 in which case I'll be in silver spring around 7:20.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Woops, missed a small detail, I need to take the amtrak to VA before I can even go to silver spring which cost 62$ :(

I MISS MY CAR!!!!

Coney

Smash Master
LMFAO I actually just remembered, I can't make it tonight. Got stuff going on at home.

I'll be there Thursday though, if we want to start organizing for that?

Omni

BRoomer
Lol. Thursday is fine.

FYI only have one tv. No wii or brawl so that setup is required.

:phone:

Omni

BRoomer
Not a smashfest. I can have like 3, maybe 4 people at my place anytime after 6:30 for the next two weeks. Only have one TV. It's my place here in Silver Spring.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Can anyone in the Baltimore area give me a ride to silver spring. Will try my best to help out w gas money.

Address:140 w Lafayette ave, Baltimore MD, 21217

Omni

BRoomer
How does a Smash Bi-Weekly located in Silver Spring, MD literally 30 seconds off the beltway sound? I may or may not be able to arrange a venue, but I need to weigh in on interest first.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
How does a Smash Bi-Weekly located in Silver Spring, MD literally 30 seconds off the beltway sound? I may or may not be able to arrange a venue, but I need to weigh in on interest first.
I'd definitely try to go as often as I could.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Alright, so in an effort to get the ball rolling, who's gonna host the next MD/VA event? I'd suggest aiming for the last week of Feb or the first week of March. Give people time to practice up, its nice to see Luckay offering smashfests at CP a few days a week, saw some newer people taking an interest in that in the results thread of last Saturdays event.

:017:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Xanadu Idea is still on. I have an important tournament to stream this Sat though so it's off for this week. I'll try and confirm next week ASAP

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Wait so you mean to tell me I missed a smash fest at Xanadu last thursday?
no, I went to Canada to stream RoS, so it was also off that week. Feb is a busy month for us.

Top Bottom