• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Again, don't expect amazing attendance.

Attendance will likely be split, if you hold a tournament every week, as other TOs host tournaments every month/two weeks.

The dates are sure to overlap.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
How many of you live on the side of the Bay Bridge facing Delaware? Or how many wouldn't mind crossing it if I hosted something? The place I'm looking at is right on the border of the two states, it's actually called Marydel lol I'm sure I could get it for at least a monthly if not a bi-weekly, but I'd need to know if there's enough interest.

To make it easier for those who may be interested but live on the other side of the Bay Bridge, I live about 5-10 minutes away from the venue, and it took me about two-ish hours to get to Frederick for Pound, so it's not like its THAT big of a trek to come if I could host something, though it would be a lot easier for the people on the DE side of the bridge.

I've provided a link to the mapquest location of it for any interested.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=M...e=39.112202&longitude=-75.744698&geocode=CITY

I hope I get some good responses, I really wanna get into this community and maybe even liven it up

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
How many of you live on the side of the Bay Bridge facing Delaware? Or how many wouldn't mind crossing it if I hosted something? The place I'm looking at is right on the border of the two states, it's actually called Marydel lol I'm sure I could get it for at least a monthly if not a bi-weekly, but I'd need to know if there's enough interest.

To make it easier for those who may be interested but live on the other side of the Bay Bridge, I live about 5-10 minutes away from the venue, and it took me about two-ish hours to get to Frederick for Pound, so it's not like its THAT big of a trek to come if I could host something, though it would be a lot easier for the people on the DE side of the bridge.

I've provided a link to the mapquest location of it for any interested.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=M...e=39.112202&longitude=-75.744698&geocode=CITY

I hope I get some good responses, I really wanna get into this community and maybe even liven it up
Most people probably wouldn't go to there for a local event, just FYI

If you had a large scale event, you could probably generate some attendance but the local community out there is scarce, this is mostly the DC/Baltimore metro area that we deal with.

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
Azen Zagenite
Posted 4/2/2008 7:07:23 PM
I like how everyone in the Top 10 except me and Chillin hate Brawl. They all got so depressed when they went to brawl tournies hoping to win money easily then getting ***** instead. The only reason they want to go back to Melee is so they can win cash again. I wonder why they got ***** in Brawl, maybe its cause Brawl is way more competitive than Melee was. They were too cocky to realize that their Top positions might be in danger, and now they make excuses saying Brawl is too easy and anyone can win. No Jones losers. Maybe they should actually start practicing instead of wishing their Melee skill carried over to Brawl. Brawl is already super competitive, it won't be easy for anyone to get to the Top, so many people are trying to get good now; you can't be cocky just cause you were pro in Melee. Its a new game, not Melee 2.0.

Eventually most of the anti-brawlers will die off like with the 64 crowd. lol, just look at how depressed Isai was when he couldn't win everything anymore in Melee like in 64, and he just eventually gave up and stopped trying. Yall losers can stay in the past with Melee and 64, but right now is the time of Brawl and a new generation of smashers will take your place.

So what if Melee is more technical. Brawl is still more competitive and way more popular. I wasn't even technical in Melee anyway, I spammed forward smashes all the time and it worked on most of the pros. You don't have to be technical to be good, and neither does the game have to be technical to be good. If you want technical games, play Guilty Gear or something, whatever fighters that have tons of button inputs.

man I miss this guy, he needs to come back.

BetaZealot

Smash Journeyman
Azen Zagenite
I like how everyone in the Top 10 except me and Chillin hate Brawl. They all got so depressed when they went to brawl tournies hoping to win money easily then getting ***** instead. The only reason they want to go back to Melee is so they can win cash again. I wonder why they got ***** in Brawl, maybe its cause Brawl is way more competitive than Melee was. They were too cocky to realize that their Top positions might be in danger, and now they make excuses saying Brawl is too easy and anyone can win. No Jones losers. Maybe they should actually start practicing instead of wishing their Melee skill carried over to Brawl. Brawl is already super competitive, it won't be easy for anyone to get to the Top, so many people are trying to get good now; you can't be cocky just cause you were pro in Melee. Its a new game, not Melee 2.0.

Eventually most of the anti-brawlers will die off like with the 64 crowd. lol, just look at how depressed Isai was when he couldn't win everything anymore in Melee like in 64, and he just eventually gave up and stopped trying. Yall losers can stay in the past with Melee and 64, but right now is the time of Brawl and a new generation of smashers will take your place.

So what if Melee is more technical. Brawl is still more competitive and way more popular. I wasn't even technical in Melee anyway, I spammed forward smashes all the time and it worked on most of the pros. You don't have to be technical to be good, and neither does the game have to be technical to be good. If you want technical games, play Guilty Gear or something, whatever fighters that have tons of button inputs.

man I miss this guy, he needs to come back.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Let's go back to the "chu is a doubles genius" thing. Remember when he had that tourney at his place and we did random draw dubs. And he got paired with XLR8...lol. Wasn't smart enough to stop that bomb of a team.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Let's go back to the "chu is a doubles genius" thing. Remember when he had that tourney at his place and we did random draw dubs. And he got paired with XLR8...lol. Wasn't smart enough to stop that bomb of a team.
This is true LOLZ. omfg xlr8 was really really bad. I can't 2v1 people if he would kill me in the process. That pretty much took away any chance of me doing well LOLZ.

I once won a legit tournament with a Lvl. 9 CPU and I won $200 for teams and $200 for singles. I was happy =). I also went undercover as the name "Dat Huy" and wore a hoody and sunglasses so no one would suspect it was me.

HAT

Smash Ace
This is true LOLZ. omfg xlr8 was really really bad. I can't 2v1 people if he would kill me in the process. That pretty much took away any chance of me doing well LOLZ.

I once won a legit tournament with a Lvl. 9 CPU and I won $200 for teams and $200 for singles. I was happy =). I also went undercover as the name "Dat Huy" and wore a hoody and sunglasses so no one would suspect it was me.
wasn't that also at a chudat biweekly, chu?

not so clever

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
Azen Zagenite

That man is too goodz and too smartz.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda

Candy and I would have beaten beaten Dre and Cafe. Just saying. =3

Chu's level 9 Luigi u b'd CK at his Thanksgiving bi-weekly on last stock.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

meepxzero

Smash Master

i remember that **** LOL. Team name was "Lonely Guy" :laugh:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
just finished watching Azumanga Daioh. soo good.

lazy panelist are lazy. wtf are u guys doing

Albert.

Smash Master
OMG I can't believe that I used to pay 20$ for Anime dvds with like 4 episodes on them. WTF is that?? so expensive!!

Thank god I stopped liking all of that **** lol

(Except DeathNote <3 )

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
OMG I can't believe that I used to pay 20$ for Anime dvds with like 4 episodes on them. WTF is that?? so expensive!!

Thank god I stopped liking all of that **** lol

(Except DeathNote <3 )
I usually only buy box sets. I am starting to stop activity watching anime. I have to force myself. I spend most my time studying now.

I heard downloading anime saves money on actually buying it.

Is this true?
Where did you find out this information?

Or just watching it online for free...
Streaming is wackkkkkk =3

Top Bottom