• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

OmegaExDominus

Smash Rookie
Yeah, they do. They just need one additional step in correcting. You have to hex the MDL0 headers manually (the auto-hexer doesn't work, oddly enough). Then, after doing so...

...make sure the set of bytes highlighted in red is set to "00000000", then save it and run the polygon and material fixers. However, the models seem to disappear if the camera isn't focused on the middle of the stage, just like the models from Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games do. I heard it's fixable, though, but I'm not sure how yet.
I know I'm an idiot when it comes to this, but how do you manually hex the MDL0 headers? Are those the steps 1-7 on the last tutorial of the main post? What do you do with the "..."'s at the beginning of every brres file (just stick them on the end?) Thanks

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I know I'm an idiot when it comes to this, but how do you manually hex the MDL0 headers? Are those the steps 1-7 on the last tutorial of the main post? What do you do with the "..."'s at the beginning of every brres file (just stick them on the end?) Thanks
Yeah, it would be steps 1 through 7 of the original tutorial.

Models in brawl box fro mother M looks incredibly lame.

but in game they show fully
Oh, I see. It's probably just the way BrawlBox renders models. Nothing I can do about that, really.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
What is it that makes a polygon appear in brawlbox but not in game? By default it appears in brawlbox but not in-game. help?
That's a good question. Leonardo, for example, only seems to have one katana, and the Rabbids always default to their basic weaponry and eyelids, from what I've noticed. I'll look into it at a later time.

yellowthunder

Smash Rookie
Agh, I hate to be a bother registering just to ask this but,
RandomTBush, how exactly did you get the Colo(u)rs models to work in-game? All it does is freeze when I select a stage.

smasher4roy

Smash Cadet
Call of Duty: Black Ops has .ff and .pak files theres no sign of mdl0.
GoldenEye 007 uses .000 and .bin

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
K found the eggman model I wanted, but porting these things is annoying.

The fix doesn't seem to want to work, the parts I'm suppose to set to all 0's are already 0's.

._.
Hm. Well, if you're still having problems getting it to hex properly, let me know the exact files you need and I can fix those up for you.

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
Hm. Well, if you're still having problems getting it to hex properly, let me know the exact files you need and I can fix those up for you.
I want to be able to do it myself though, I like browsing them.

I'll keep working on it.

EDIT: Upon working with the files I realized that going using the auto tool at all doesn't even seem to work.

But when I do it by hand all I get is the Bone tree with no polygons or textures >.>

dabeatmaster123

Smash Rookie
Ok... I am going to start a project with maybe 1 or two team members on creating a pokemon hack tournament... please PM me a pokemon team of 3 (no legendaries) and your name and give us a pokemon trainer avatar for us to make and create. We will also change the pokemon and give them the moves that we feel are suitable for the pokemon. Of course, if you want to be specific with the moves just let us know. When we make the hacks and stuff we will give you the files and you can put them on your sd card to play with them... then you fight your opponents on wifi.

If you have any other questions, please PM me =P

scorcher9910

Smash Cadet
Ok... I am going to start a project with maybe 1 or two team members on creating a pokemon hack tournament... please PM me a pokemon team of 3 (no legendaries) and your name and give us a pokemon trainer avatar for us to make and create. We will also change the pokemon and give them the moves that we feel are suitable for the pokemon. Of course, if you want to be specific with the moves just let us know. When we make the hacks and stuff we will give you the files and you can put them on your sd card to play with them... then you fight your opponents on wifi.

If you have any other questions, please PM me =P
Do you know how long that would take?

Not to mention, 2 different PSA's or models = Wifi desync.

dabeatmaster123

Smash Rookie
Which is exactly why you should never try something of that caliber at that level.
Not saying I could do it either though xD
Well, actually it is possible to do the tournament if EVERYONE had the files. We would probably make a zip and give everyone in the tournament the files and since everyone would have the files then the tournament should be fine as well.

I actually do 3D animation and modeling so using brawl hacking software and editing models and attacks shouldn't be a problem XD

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
^ That might help with vertexing, but PSA you're gonna have to learn from scratch.

Best of luck with this, you've got a long road ahead of you.

scorcher9910

Smash Cadet
Well, actually it is possible to do the tournament if EVERYONE had the files. We would probably make a zip and give everyone in the tournament the files and since everyone would have the files then the tournament should be fine as well.

I actually do 3D animation and modeling so using brawl hacking software and editing models and attacks shouldn't be a problem XD
No it wouldn't. The 2 characters would have to have the same Pokemon Trainer files so they couldn't have 2 different sets of Pokemon.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
has anyone checked samurai warriors 3 for MDL0s it would rock if it was than Takamaru could be added to brawl XP

Top Bottom