• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
RTB... i kno that u say that Sengoku Basara uses .fpk files... but i dont see any, all i see is .arc files...

I tried to use U8Tool to export anything from it, but i get nothing. even using NTCompress does nothing.. so yeah can some1 help me out here?
Hrm, I picked that up from someone else. I'll check it out for myself in about a week, could be false information.

Also, double update. Doraemon Wii - Himitsu Douguou Ketteisen and Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove: Monster Mix both have MDL0.

And on a slightly humorous (at least to me) note, 3D Pixel Racing does not have MDL0, but it has SMD (which is what's used for compiling games to Valve's Source engine)... wait, what?

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
imma say Mario Party 9... or that Mario Street game... idr what its called...

anyways.... The Last Story MIGHT have mdl0's... not quite sure yet tho, but the data is in alot of chunk data, and the headers all say..
.@€..chnkdata...
..wii .text0. ..
but there r traces of TEX0 in the ####.pfs/pk (the .pfs data seems to tell the wii what textures to load from the .pk file, which is linked to the .phk data). Also there's some strings for the materials too in the .pk data's.

edit:
oh nvm... u already knew about the data xD

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How'd you get those Mario Party 9 models? .lz is like an aggravating neighbor to me...
Sometimes you have to do memory dumps to get certain models. But some ISO files may utilize a compression method that has already been covered, and can be decompressed, and recreated at will.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
How'd you get those Mario Party 9 models? .lz is like an aggravating neighbor to me...
Use NTCompress to decompress them.

Code:
ntcompress -x filename.brres.lz
...will make it decompress it as "filename.brres.lz_DECOMP.bin". Just delete the ".lz_DECOMP.bin" and open it in BrawlBox or BRRESViewer.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Dunno if anyone else has run into this probelm with MP9, but the Bowser Station board doesn't seem extract properly for me and is just an empty brres.

Only 'map.brres' though, the 'map_sub.brres' comes out just fine like every other board brres.

senato

Smash Rookie
Hello!
Anyone has got Naruto's model (shippuden), Goku's model and Ichigo's model for 3DS max please? If one of you have it, can you send me the links to download it? Thanks.

PS: It is not for Brawl hacking.

NovaAM

Smash Rookie
I don't think they do, but I'll check that at a later time (or else someone else can).

What I do know, though, is that the newly-released Kirby: Return to Dream Land uses MDL0!

You have to use the Wii SDK's NTCompress.exe to decompress them, though, which I can't legally link to.
Galacta Knight over Meta Knight
it must be done

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So Mario Party 9 uses MDL0, that means that somebody could upload the stages from the game. They have some amazing environments that could be used for Brawl stages.

E-scope12

Smash Apprentice
Just checked some games on my harddrive and did infact find one that uses mdl0's:

Case Closed-The Mirapolis Investigation

Model shows up in Brawlbox after changing the mdl0 header.

How did you get the nsbmd model in brawlbox?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
here's a perfect place to ask XD

in v10 and up MDL0 files, there are list instances that are unknown...
does ANYONE have an MDL0 that actually uses these instances??

if so, please PM me the MDL0 so I can decipher the data ;)

NintendoCorey

Smash Rookie
Would Mario Party 9 have all the basic animations (run, jump, punch, etc.) you need for the character you rip from it?
Because I am putting Kamek from that game in Brawl.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Yep. All the animations for it are LZ-compressed BRRES files, just like the models =)

John2k4

The End of an Era
If that is next to the game name in the OP, I presume it means that the game's files are in an unknown format, but its models still use MDL0, and you would have to 'dump' the memory to see them.

Memory dumps require a 32-bit of the Dolphin emulator, and the MemDump program. Start the game in Dolphin, wait for your model to be onscreen, then dump the memory for the process called 'Dolphin.exe'.

:phone:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hey does Kirby's return to Dreamland use CHR0 animation files? I want whip kirby and his animations, but I want to know if I can get the animations before I even try to rip/extract anything, however that's done for that game.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hey does Kirby's return to Dreamland use CHR0 animation files? I want whip kirby and his animations, but I want to know if I can get the animations before I even try to rip/extract anything, however that's done for that game.
Yes, the game uses CHR0 for its animations.

Cripes, this topic hasn't had any activity since the model-importing BrawlBox revision was released. I'll probably do a mass investigation of the WiiWare games at a later time.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I've got notes on a few games, and was planning on checking on that Xenoblade game soon.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Can somebody send me the volcano level from Mario Party 9? I'll take it in whichever format is legal to give out, as long as I can get it into Brawl somehow.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I have all the BRRES files from the game, so I'll try to find it among them.

lumekano

Smash Rookie
im srry about this ...... im try to use program is name memdump but I dont know How and i dont know wat i did something wrong im Stuck ..... this is really gave me confuse -_-

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've got notes on a few games, and was planning on checking on that Xenoblade game soon.
It has MDL0.

From OP:
Xenoblade Chronicles
- (Developer: Monolith Soft)
- (Version: ?)
- (Compression: Unique, None and ARC Container -- See QuickBMS scripts)
- (Scale to: ?x)
Oh. RTB. The Xenoblade model version is the same as Brawl's.

calikingz01

Smash Rookie
well i have my model ready for brawl, can someone please help me put it over a character in brawl? if your on Brawl Vault, message me. CaliKingz01

dogger2001

Smash Rookie
Need for Speed

Can you edit need for speed textures? I think need for speed would look awesome retexturized.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
well i have my model ready for brawl, can someone please help me put it over a character in brawl? if your on Brawl Vault, message me. CaliKingz01
Can you edit need for speed textures? I think need for speed would look awesome retexturized.
This topic isn't for assisting with model hacks. And I'm not sure if the Need for Speed Wii games have MDL0 (judging by the fact EA developed them, it's highly unlikely), so I can't help you with that, either.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Are the Kirby hats from RTDL individual hat models or are they full Kirby models with the hats attached?

Top Bottom