• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
well...

dusknoir work AS a stage (and he is in butter D: )
funny thing, he did not slow down or anything. all was in all speed o.o
BUT then I try him as a character (zakochild) he froze
but it did not freeze then I picked a stage, it freeze then the characters entry D:
think it is he has 27 bones and zakochild has minimum on 30/31 D:
or something else

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
well...

dusknoir work AS a stage (and he is in butter D: )
funny thing, he did not slow down or anything. all was in all speed o.o
BUT then I try him as a character (zakochild) he froze
but it did not freeze then I picked a stage, it freeze then the characters entry D:
think it is he has 27 bones and zakochild has minimum on 30/31 D:
or something else
why dont you just switch the mldo of him to another zako

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Two pics of Naruto:
Naruto pic
Naruto pic 2
Okay, you look like you know how to hex the models right. I am stuck on step 8. Here's what I do. I open the MDL0 I have gotten to show in brawlbox, I go to his Materials1 and look at the MDL0Offset for it and then I open Windows calculator. I'm in decimal mode and I put in the value. Then I switch to hex to convert it. It says 5D50. Does that mean I go to the top of the MDLO file in hex editor and then go to offset 5D50 and then on that offset take out the 2nd section of bytes and then put 00000000 after the next section of bytes over? Cuz I did that and now the materials1 subgroup has no name and the MDL0Offset is different and the thing that was supposed to move from unknown to Part5Offset did not move.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
If Godzilla: Unleashed uses mdl0, I call dibs on Godzilla. :p

No offense to anyone here, but I'm probably the biggest Godzilla fan in the Smash Workshop subforum. Which is why I think I would be the best to work with the Big G.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Does anybody know where i would be able to find mdl0 files for Battle Revolution. Just a site or anything. I have tried googling it for some time now without luck.

Also, couldn't you just texture hack the character to fix the ''buttered'' problem?

ds22

Smash Lord
Okay, you look like you know how to hex the models right. I am stuck on step 8. Here's what I do. I open the MDL0 I have gotten to show in brawlbox, I go to his Materials1 and look at the MDL0Offset for it and then I open Windows calculator. I'm in decimal mode and I put in the value. Then I switch to hex to convert it. It says 5D50. Does that mean I go to the top of the MDLO file in hex editor and then go to offset 5D50 and then on that offset take out the 2nd section of bytes and then put 00000000 after the next section of bytes over? Cuz I did that and now the materials1 subgroup has no name and the MDL0Offset is different and the thing that was supposed to move from unknown to Part5Offset did not move.
Can you PM me the file?
That would be easier for me to understand and explain what the problem is.

amars464

Smash Rookie
Welp, my Wii's Hard Drive just died today, so I'm in the process of setting up a new one. Once that's done, and I, to put it lightly, reacquire Castlevania Judgment, I think I'm going to work on porting over Simon Belmont to learn how to do all of this.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Well for one thing I think the brres I have for Junior came from TBush's first few posts, so I don't know what step exactly to start at, but I think just after getting it to work in BBox. Another thing is I don't understand the decimal to hex part; add what to it?

And third I can't unpack these **** .arcs! ;_;

amars464

Smash Rookie
Oh, nevermind what I said, I can't set the other hard drive up... so yeah, I can't really do much at this point.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Anyone know if One Piece: UC2 uses MDL0? I have no idea how to get these models, so I'd rather just know now than go through the troubles of doing such only to time out that the game doesn't use the format.

....'Sides if Naruto and Bleach can get into Brawl, why not One Piece?

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Gah, I'm not getting anywhere at the step for the definitions header. I checked my calculations, all of the MDL0 header otherwise is correct, and as soon as I add the 0x0C bytes of FF the model loses BrawlBox compatibility. Is that supposed to happen and you have to do all the changes at once?

ds22

Smash Lord
Did anyone do Blaziken already?
If not:

Also, I wanted to ask, does anyone know how I can fix the texture of the Naruto model?
It only acts normal on some stages (Battlefield, Smashville), but on others it looks disordered, like metal (Final Destination) or the colors are moving (Delfino Plaza).

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Okay guys, I guess Ill do this, since I'm the only one whos gonna do it.
Someone send me a unpatched MDL0 and a patched one and Ill write code to patch it XD

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Someone with Wiiscrubber needs to check if Soul Caliber uses mdl0 format, if so, we could get LLOYD, despite it being a ****ed up/slightly disproportionate model, I'd prefer that one to TOS:DOTNW's because all parts of the characters are in separate places D:

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
im amusing that we are still not allowed to post DL links to models imported from other games, right? If so, why aren't we allowed?

P.S. Saki has 67 or so polygons and the MDL0 is really big, which im not gonna bother with since it will crash, anyway to remove the extra polygons AND make the file smaller?

Edit: Facepalming my self... thats why we test on stages...

Edit 2: Double Facepalm http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=113363
They got told by my bro in the comments section.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Has anyone done the absol model yet? Because if someone has, I'd rather not go ahead and do it myself. If anyone has it could they please pm it to me? Thanks in advance!

Manko91

Smash Cadet
Hi everybody.
Tbush I've got one question, How do you extract the brres files in TOS inside the bin cause I can see it with a hex editor but I can't do nothing more and I want to test out the others characthers.
If you can help me out be I'll be so happy.

Ps: Sorry for my mistakes I'm french

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Kinda the same as with DahremRuhar. I would like if anybody has the Hitmonlee model, if they could PM it to me. As i will pick up the project myself.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
okay cool, I followed the guide and it looks like evrything works :D but i dunno what to replace to put it in game. the whole brres model file just the mdl0 file :s

ds22

Smash Lord
okay cool, I followed the guide and it looks like evrything works :D but i dunno what to replace to put it in game. the whole brres model file just the mdl0 file :s
The .mdl0 replacing the characters model and the .brres for his texture (deleting the model in it afterwards).

Kinda the same as with DahremRuhar. I would like if anybody has the Hitmonlee model, if they could PM it to me. As i will pick up the project myself.
Send you a PM with the model.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well. If PBR works then i can finally change Ivysaur to Venusaur! Maybe Hitmonlee too! So many delightful possibilities!

Also, grats for getting it to work finally :)
RandomTBush already said that PBR does not use MDL0. So you can't use models from PBR at all. The only game you have to choose from is PokePark Wii.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
how do u rebuild a model?
because i want to build death the kid
his hands and guns are seperate.... :(

plus can any one help me with the FMA problem?
i wanna work on him too cuz it's pretty cool

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So this is where you take characters from other games with similar files and can move them into Brawl.

That means someone needs to add Yatterman-1 to Brawl.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I'm up to step 8, not sure what I need to do here. "0x38 bytes ahead", do you mean times the current header?
let me say.

If the one of the polygons byte is (or what is was) like 2DC0. then you add 38 in it and this case, you will get 2DF8 and there you should look after. x + 38 = y (in hex)

(And I am so bad on explaining ;_; )

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, since I've almost figured out the hexing tutorial I'll post a video when I get something successful working and I'll show step by step exactly what to do in the video.

Edit: By the way thanks to ds22 for helping me out!

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Sorry to be a little buggy, but has anyone taken a look at Godzilla: Unleashed yet. I would do it myself, but [john]I don't think my disk drive can read Wii Discs and I don't like torrents.[/john]

Plus the thought of Godzilla being playable tickles me.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Everyone posts too fast.
Is it normal if the textures are screwed up? The texture on a character takes w/e the surrounding texture is. Why is that?
The texture problem does not only have to do with models from other games, we've seen a lot of that problem in the Fully New Character Archive. It has to do with something being named improperly in BrawlBox. Kryal said he fixed it, but it didn't seem to have worked. You can fix it manually though. (Check the OP of the Fully New Character Archive. [Which I am now going to abbreviate as FNCA])

AND DIBZ ON TAILS!!! XD maybe...
Mr. Weegee already called dibs, just so you know.

..What type of file does Melee use?
They use DAT files.

Well. If PBR works...
Even though its been said before, I'm going to say it again, PBR does not use MDL0s.

so.... is it also possible to load the model animations also into brawl? Like loading zero into brawl within all his animations?
If you can find and convert the animation format to CHR0, then yes. (Which might be a good task for someone to take on.)

think it is he has 27 bones
No one with under 30 bones will work on anyone.

Okay guys, I guess Ill do this, since I'm the only one whos gonna do it.
Someone send me a unpatched MDL0 and a patched one and Ill write code to patch it XD
Has anyone sent you any files yet?

how do u rebuild a model?
OP.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Not to pester XP but does anybody by chance have access to Mario and Sonic Winter Games Models? If so could you send Blaze's model my way?

Edit: The tutorial is in the OP

Top Bottom