• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Which is what was being asked. The distribution of the models. Technically ripping the models is wrong too. Let me put this as simple as possible. Pretend Nintendo is just a person, you walk into their house and turn their television around and they are not allowed to move it back. Same deal here. We are messing with property of nintendo. Now falling into play about outside models, its like stealing someones personal belongings and giving them to someone else. Saying you own the product so you can hack it is like saying if you owned a crowbar you should be allowed to pry someones door off and go into their house uninvited.

Everything commited to modifying the content of the game or extracting to another source reguardless of distribution is a sin.

Problem. The models come with the bought product. Buying the game means we have bought the models from said game. We don't own the rights to it (meaning we can't legally distribute them), but we can do whatever the hell else we want with it.

It's not stealing from Nintendo (or any other companies) if we bought it.

And how is modification of something we bought a sin? I guess people who buy cars and customize them are some of the worst people out there.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Midna would be an interesting character. I support this :3.
Shameless plug: Midna v1.0
EDIT: Would it be possible to import Wolf Link as a GFX file and turn Link's down B into something similar to Zelda/Sheik where it turns him into wolf link?
I've thought about this, and it does seem cool (and possible, if we can get TP models in), but Link sort or relies on all of his B moves... So how would that work?

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
I have one quick question:

Do you do the steps in order? I ask this because if you delete the ones in red, then the Hex will be off (all bites will move 24 left) or do I replace everything and then delete stuff last?

EDIT: Never mind, I thought I was deleting byte 00-08 at line 320, instead of deleting the exact point where byte FFFFFFFF80 is or whatever

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Problem. The models come with the bought product. Buying the game means we have bought the models from said game. We don't own the rights to it (meaning we can't legally distribute them), but we can do whatever the hell else we want with it.

It's not stealing from Nintendo (or any other companies) if we bought it.

And how is modification of something we bought a sin? I guess people who buy cars and customize them are some of the worst people out there.
Okay I was just trying to prove a point. Jeeze. But its not just the modification of THIS game. You are taking outside sources and putting them in. Regardless if we CAN or CANNOT do these things they are still stepping over legal boundaries. Lets get back on subject because this has nothing to do with the thread.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Okay I was just trying to prove a point. Jeeze. But its not just the modification of THIS game. You are taking outside sources and putting them in. Regardless if we CAN or CANNOT do these things they are still stepping over legal boundaries. Lets get back on subject because this has nothing to do with the thread.
If we bought the games where these outside sources are from along with Brawl, their is no legal problem. Like I said, once you buy a game, you can do whatever you want with it including ripping files. You just can't share those files with others. (of course people will do it anyway, but w/e).

But yeah, let's get back on-topic. Any vids yet? So far the only vid on models is for Naruto...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpbH76WXx24 (by assassin22red).

Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't been posted in this thread yet.

Fen__

Smash Ace
If we bought the games where these outside sources are from along with Brawl, their is no legal problem. Like I said, once you buy a game, you can do whatever you want with it including ripping files. You just can't share those files with others. (of course people will do it anyway, but w/e).

But yeah, let's get back on-topic. Any vids yet? So far the only vid on models is for Naruto...

That video makes me want an Atom Ant character haha.

ds22

Smash Lord

He, my vid (if you didn't noticed yet).

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, can someone here please help me?

I got Golden Lightan's model and I want to do a full moveset for him. The .fpk file is already extracted, but I need it to be viewable in BrawlBox, then, I'll make him playable using RandomTBush's tutorial.

Problem is, I don't know how to make it viewable there. Can someone point me a tutorial or something like that? Or maybe I could PM the model and some noble person could do it for me.

Thanks in advance.

ds22

Smash Lord
Hmm, can someone here please help me?

I got Golden Lightan's model and I want to do a full moveset for him. The .fpk file is already extracted, but I need it to be viewable in BrawlBox, then, I'll make him playable using RandomTBush's tutorial.

Problem is, I don't know how to make it viewable there. Can someone point me a tutorial or something like that? Or maybe I could PM the model and some noble person could do it for me.

Thanks in advance.
PM it to me plz.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Report for Twilight Princess Models

Apparently, they use the same format as the Gamecube version, which is "bdl," NOT "mdl0." I was not able to read the Wii ARC files, although some sources indicate that I should be able to.

I'm currently downloading the Gamecube ISO because people seem to have successfully extracted models from it (even though they're the same as the Wii, in theory). I'll try ripping from that, and if I can get that, I'll see if it would be worth it to rip from the Wii version, as well.

After that, well, we're going to have to find some way to convert BDL to MDL0. Since the tools BrawlBox uses are open source (I think) and the BDL tools are definitely open source, it would theoretically be possible to write a converter. However, I don't have much experience with graphics processing, so if I wanted to code it, it would take a lot of time and research. I'm not ruling that option out, however.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Here's a test: Anyone that wants to know how to get the hitboxes sized correctly with the character, PM me

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I call dibs on Toad! also, can someonee get the toad model working in brawl for me so I will just make the animations and PSA? I'll give credit. Which Toad has more bones?

Mario Kart Wii
or
New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Will he have more bones than a green allow? Just Pm me the hexed MDL0 that is playable in game. I am willing to make custom animations for Toad. I have wanted him playable in SSBB, but Sakurai ticked me off when he remained a meat shield

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Okay, in my actual state i can't obtain any iso.
Has someone got a Nicktoons Iso (globs of doom or Attack of the Toybots)
IT might be useful for a Zim or Gir model swap.
Or maybe Wario Ware Wii (i don't remember the name) it has some models like the nintendogs.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Okay, in my actual state i can't obtain any iso.
Has someone got a Nicktoons Iso (globs of doom or Attack of the Toybots)
IT might be useful for a Zim or Gir model swap.
Or maybe Wario Ware Wii (i don't remember the name) it has some models like the nintendogs.
Wait...now that you mention it. They had Ocarina of time Young link on there! We could probably use him =D

Edit: Its called Wario Ware Smooth Moves

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Even adult link! So Young link OOT + Adult link OOT + Bigsharkz's hyrule field = win
Not what i mean. I mean now that young link may be an option there may be a place to put Fierce deity link as a final smash =D

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Please help! I just want to do custom animations and moveset. I need the hexed toad model from MKwii or NSMBWii. I'm sorry to whine, but I want to work hard as well (but not too hard >_>) Will anyone assist me? I give credit!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Zero's eyes are driving me nuts.

zer_eye:

Leave it as it is:
Makes Zero have black eyes.

Change it to white:
Makes Zero's upper face black (But the eyes display fine). Texture looses transparency?

Make it completely transparent:
Makes entire upper face black.

And adding to that...

Switch black and transparent sections:
Makes entire upper face black again...

PROBLEM WAS FIXED. Kurobit found the problem.

To anybody who's interested:

"I found that the entire face texture was 100% transparent except for the (black) eyes. So I went into it's Palette and removed every single colors transparency."

ds22

Smash Lord
I found out why the Naruto's Model has color problems (the Model's texture doesn't have Palette's).
It only happens when Naruto loads as the first character inbattle.
If he loads after someone else is loaded, it won't screw up.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
RandomTBush, may I suggest you try and look for a fix about the UV Mapping/texturing problem? We (Mostly KuroBit, I only gave some crappy suggestions, haha) got to fix Zero's face problem, and it works perfectly now. The problems are still that when landing, he turns into this infinite glitch of colors, and when he has a certain lighting, he keeps it forever, such as a bomb, or a Star-Man.

Of course you can take your time about it, but I doubt any of us know how to fix it beside you. Thanks.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
@ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Pokemon Battle Revolution Perhaps?...no?

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
Report for Twilight Princess Models

Apparently, they use the same format as the Gamecube version, which is "bdl," NOT "mdl0." I was not able to read the Wii ARC files, although some sources indicate that I should be able to.

I'm currently downloading the Gamecube ISO because people seem to have successfully extracted models from it (even though they're the same as the Wii, in theory). I'll try ripping from that, and if I can get that, I'll see if it would be worth it to rip from the Wii version, as well.

After that, well, we're going to have to find some way to convert BDL to MDL0. Since the tools BrawlBox uses are open source (I think) and the BDL tools are definitely open source, it would theoretically be possible to write a converter. However, I don't have much experience with graphics processing, so if I wanted to code it, it would take a lot of time and research. I'm not ruling that option out, however.
So do most or maybe even all Gamecube games use BDL? If this is the case, once we find a way to convert these files, we could probably start using some stuff from Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, etc...

Suren

Smash Journeyman
It's the one from R/S/E (Hoenn) and the ones from D/P/P (Shinnoh) and Johto. All three trainers are there plus customizable ones. HOWEVER, PBR's models are not MDL0.
I figured as much that they weren't MDL0. I believe that was mentioned earlier.

Emeril127

Smash Cadet
tryed working on a klanoa model and doing good so far but his ears are so Weird.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
tryed working on a klanoa model and doing good so far but his ears are so Weird.
Ok you

Well, i've tried to use Klonoa (as Mario)
The result is that i've got a silent freeze (you don't hear the BEEEEEEEP,the game is simply stuck at the loading screen)
I think that i need to rename his bones properly.
But for a test i'm going to load it as Stage.
Anyway yess! Midna for the Win!
Also, i've thinked another interesting model : Dark Samus from Metroid Prime 3
(the Echoes version is better to me, but MPT is a port, so there will not be mdl0s probably.)
And you, I'm glad that theres more people interested in working on Klonoa, BUT if you look back in the posts I already called dibs on working on him. If you want to work on him too then please let me know cuz I would love to work together with someone on this because then it would come out better. The first thing we need to figure out by the way, since ive already gotten Klonoa to work on luigi, is that we need to figure out how to change his bone indexes through hex editing, I've already gone to the trouble of renaming most of Klonoa's bones to match most of Luigi's. If you guys or anyone else wants to help me then pm me or IM me on MSN or AIM. My MSN is zeal2nd@yahoo.com (yes I know its a yahoo email but thats what I used for my MSN account, just search it and you'll find me) my AIM is zeal2nd.

Top Bottom