• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Hey RandomTBush can you help me with something? When i replaced the Smash Ball with the Item Box from Mario Kart it appears bigger than Hyrule temple itself! and when i actually hit the thing itself it freezes! why does it do this, and how can i fix it?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yes, the animations from PokéPark are CHR0s, but the frame count and unknown variables need to be corrected.
Ah, on the topic of animations, would the animations from ToS:Dawn (if they're CHR0's for that matter) suffer from the same problem as the models or is that completely unrelated to the bone structure issue that the models have?
I was actually observing videos of Lloyd in action in the second ToS and his animations were practically identical even for a less chibi/more anime'd model. If those could be hexed in (and if you could figure out how if you haven't before and/or teach us the process), that would be fantastic.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I have a problem and was wondering if anyone could help. I downloaded the entire ISO of Castlevania: Judgement and extracted it and everything. Inside several folders were brres files. I opened the brres files in brawlbox. It had a mdl0 in every brres file, although brawlbox gets the error window when trying to preview the model.

Brawlbox's mdl0 has the Def box on the right has this:

All of the extracted folders/files were exported to the desktop folder "Castlevania Judgement."

The .brres file I opened was in C:\Ken\Desktop\Castlevania Judgement\Extracted ISO\chr\sna\0000.brres

Unknown 1: 2116840
Unknown 2: 64
NumVertices: -76
NumFaces: 2
Unknown 3: 0
NumNodes: 23565
Version: 0
Unknown 4: 15789
BoxMin: (8.786141E-43, 2.369356E-38, 8.96831E-44)
BoxMax: (-0.858546, -0.100947, -1.237407)

What do I have to change with these numbers so that I can view it in brawlbox? The list in the OP says that mdl0 files from Castlevania: Judgement just need to have their model size x11. Can I change any of these numbers in the mdl0 Def properties so that I may view the mdl0 in the model previewer? Or is it just not possible to use any mdl0 from Castlevania: Judgement?

EDIT: I think the mdl0 needs to be hexed in order to be viewed in brawlbox. However, every mdl0 from Castlevania: Judgment are absolutely nameless. It is just displayed as 0000.brres>3DModels(NW4R)>mdl0 (name is " ") there isn't a name for the mdl0.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: I think the mdl0 needs to be hexed in order to be viewed in brawlbox. However, every mdl0 from Castlevania: Judgment are absolutely nameless. It is just displayed as 0000.brres>3DModels(NW4R)>mdl0 (name is " ") there isn't a name for the mdl0.
Did you not even read the OP? Yes, you have to hex them for previewing and use in game. Also, most games don't give models anything beyond an asset number.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hey RandomTBush can you help me with something? When i replaced the Smash Ball with the Item Box from Mario Kart it appears bigger than Hyrule temple itself! and when i actually hit the thing itself it freezes! why does it do this, and how can i fix it?
I'll take a look at it later on tonight. Can't guarantee that I know how to fix it, but I can try.

Ah, on the topic of animations, would the animations from ToS:Dawn (if they're CHR0's for that matter) suffer from the same problem as the models or is that completely unrelated to the bone structure issue that the models have?
I was actually observing videos of Lloyd in action in the second ToS and his animations were practically identical even for a less chibi/more anime'd model. If those could be hexed in (and if you could figure out how if you haven't before and/or teach us the process), that would be fantastic.
I can check to see if they have CHR0s... but I have to find them, first. And the problem is actually with the bone structure, but I still haven't looked into it yet since I've been working on other things. :x

Correcting the header also fixes the model's string so that it's in the right spot (so that it won't be blank).

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Did you not even read the OP? Yes, you have to hex them for previewing and use in game. Also, most games don't give models anything beyond an asset number.
Sorry. I skimmed the OP until I got to the list of games that have mdl0. I was too excited to see if I could load something from castlevania: judgement into brawl. I am sorry that I did not fully read the OP. I am starting to try and see if I can hex the brres file to view it in brawlbox. Sorry for the trouble. :[

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Sorry. I skimmed the OP until I got to the list of games that have mdl0. I was too excited to see if I could load something from castlevania: judgement into brawl. I am sorry that I did not fully read the OP. I am starting to try and see if I can hex the brres file to view it in brawlbox. Sorry for the trouble. :[
If you want to make things a whole lot easier with hexing, use Fortwaffles's programs at the beginning of the post. They do most of the work for you. (Step 5 of the tutorial may still need to be done, though, depending on the model.)

And WiiWare games could potentially have MDL0s, but they may be compressed. When my younger brother lets me use his computer, I'll try emulating one and checking the memory for any MDL0 tags.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
HELL YEAH. Ok looking inside Dr. Mario WAD right now..... (what tool can i extract WAD's with?)

And if ti help RandomT, i used Fortwaffles program to convert it.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If you want to make things a whole lot easier with hexing, use Fortwaffles's programs at the beginning of the post. They do most of the work for you. (Step 5 of the tutorial may still need to be done, though, depending on the model.)
Thank you. I was trying to do steps 1-5 my self when I realized that the numbers in the side column were not the same as yours. Fortwaffle's program worked perfectly. I was able to view the model after using his program and AFAIK did not need to do steps 5 and beyond. Unfortunately, however, the main thing I am trying to get out of the Castlevania: judgement ISO were stages, because I am better at making stages rather than making every animation needed by scratch. :p

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Ok i extracted the Dr. mario wad and the only thing i see that looks import to game play is GAME.dat.... How do i extract it now?..... EDIT: GAME.dat is a BRSAR.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Anyone know what might cause a model placed over toad's model in Peach's FitMotionEtc to always appear in the center of the stage instead of Peach's hands?

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know what might cause a model placed over toad's model in Peach's FitMotionEtc to always appear in the center of the stage instead of Peach's hands?
Did you perhaps try to fix it using that thing Eldiran did to attach Ganon's sword to his hand?

...Has anyone checked Twilight Princess for mdl0's? It's pretty popluar (obviously), so I would've assumed that it's been checked, but I can't see the results anywhere. And I would very much appreciate a Zant.

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
i'm tired of waiting for you people to answer me...

@ pikazz - I wanna help with new textures for Dry Bones!
@ luigiman1928 - I want those models i mentioned to you in a pm please!

please reply back to me in a pm please... i been waiting too long for you guys to answer me!

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
well, I just got curious and tried replacing a dragon ball with toad. All I did was rename the bones and it stayed in her hands :chuckle:

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
well, I just got curious and tried replacing a dragon ball with toad. All I did was rename the bones and it stayed in her hands :chuckle:
As a Dragon Ball, I assume it had less bones than Toad? I thought that might have been my problem, but I figured it would be fine since Toad's just an article...

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
As a Dragon Ball, I assume it had less bones than Toad? I thought that might have been my problem, but I figured it would be fine since Toad's just an article...
I just actually renamed the center bone of the dragon ball RotN, That way she would hold the dragonball or whatever object in the center correctly. Everything else can named be whatever. you only gotta change the one.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I just actually renamed the center bone of the dragon ball RotN, That way she would hold the dragonball or whatever object in the center correctly. Everything else can named be whatever. you only gotta change the one.
Didn't seem to work. :urg:
How many bones does that Dragonball have?

EDIT: Just notice that one leg is right on target. Gonna check to see what that leg did right that the rest didn't.

Shonrrati

Smash Cadet
Didn't seem to work. :urg:
How many bones does that Dragonball have?

EDIT: Just notice that one leg is right on target. Gonna check to see what that leg did right that the rest didn't.
well the dragon ball only has 4 bones, I figure if you have a larger object your gonna have to rename more than one bone.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
well the dragon ball only has 4 bones, I figure if you have a larger object your gonna have to rename more than one bone.
Okay, at least I know it's not the bones. You know what that means? Trial-and-error! Yaaaay!

EDIT: Okay, I notice the left leg (the one that works) has the same BoneIndex as Toad's HaveN bone. That's got to have something to do with something. Maybe if I hex the root bone to have that index...?

EDIT 2: Still no worky. Same problem. WHY IS ONLY ONE LEG LISTENING?
Maybe if I were to tweak the bone structure with Fortwaffles's tool to make the bone itself the root...

EDIT 3: GOD****INGDAMMIT
WHY WON'T THIS WORK?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I know I'm a bajillion pages late for some of these but you guys are too dang fast for me. D: And I still wanted to share my pointless insight.

Yeah, the high-poly one should look like this once the MDL0s get rebuilt into one model:

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7963/classicamy.jpg

Disclaimer: THIS IS A PHOTOSHOP. I didn't actually rebuild the model, I'm just showing an example of the end result.
Wouldn't it be better to animate her high-poly body and then add the head(s?) as props, like Brawl Sonic? This could save you so much time and effort later and the end result would allow you to have similar mouth movements to Sonic. Are there any other heads for Amy in Winter Olympics or just that one?

Alright, if this doesn't prove that I understand the MDL0 format, I don't know what will.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/RandomTalkingBush/SSBB-VeteranJiggly1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/RandomTalkingBush/SSBB-VeteranJiggly2.jpg

Download link is right here. It'll only work over Jigglypuff's sleep hat, as that's what I rebuilt it over.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3yw3zly1znz
God yes. Your mining hat's great too.

I know it's not on the list, but has anyone checked Okami? It was a port from PS2, but other Capcom games on the wii use mdl0, so it might use it...
Possible, since a lot of the Wii version had to be built from the ground up.

lol if we do import a 3ds model someday, Obama's head (and ONLY that) would be WIN XD
Obamandross?

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking through the Bit.Trip games, and they all use mdl0! When Bit.Trip Runner comes out we might be able to get a "proper" Commander Video. Not to mention some hardcore awesome stages... (Though the backgrounds from Beat and Core have potential to be amazing.)

However, I have no clue how to extract the brres' from the main files, which are in the .app extention.

Edit: Oh God. SBCG4AP. CHECKING.

Edit 2: Wait, I'm being stupid, I have a .app extractor.

Edit 3: SBCG4AP does not use mdl0. :( I guess this would be for the better, I'm not sure if Brawl would be able to handle having Strong Bad playable. The disc might explode.

However, I did discover that My Life as a King and My Life as a Darklord also use mdl0. Chime, anyone?

Edit the final before sleeping: ...Chime's breasts have their own bones. Jiggle "physics" = very yes. Also, I have found bikini Chime.

n64billy

Smash Ace
i'm Looking Through The Bit.trip Games, And They All Use Mdl0! When Bit.trip Runner Comes Out We Might Be Able To Get A "proper" Commander Video. Not To Mention Some Hardcore Awesome Stages... (though The Backgrounds From Beat And Core Have Potential To Be Amazing.)

However, I Have No Clue How To Extract The Brres' From The Main Files, Which Are In The .app Extention.

Edit: Oh God. Sbcg4ap. Checking.

Edit 2: Wait, I'm Being Stupid, I Have A .app Extractor.

Edit 3: Sbcg4ap Does Not Use Mdl0. :( I Guess This Would Be For The Better, I'm Not Sure If Brawl Would Be Able To Handle Having Strong Bad Playable. The Disc Might Explode.

However, I Did Discover That My Life As A King And My Life As A Darklord Also Use Mdl0. Chime, Anyone?

Edit The Final Before Sleeping: ...chime's Breasts Have Their Own Bones. Jiggle "physics" = Very Yes. Also, I Have Found Bikini Chime.
Your Head Asplode!
*Runs off to check for those MDL0's in MLaaDL*

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice

(My Life as a Darklord DLC.)

Oh, I also tried a few more WiiWare games.

Muscle March: No? It... doesn't even use extentions.
NyxQuest: Nope.
Tales of Monkey Island: Nope.
Bomberman Blast: Uses mdl0, but they're in .arcs.

Edit: Is there a tutorial somewhere to hex chr0s so that they aren't blank names?

ds22

Smash Lord

(My Life as a Darklord DLC.)

Oh, I also tried a few more WiiWare games.

Muscle March: No? It... doesn't even use extentions.
NyxQuest: Nope.
Tales of Monkey Island: Nope.
Bomberman Blast: Uses mdl0, but they're in .arcs.

Edit: Is there a tutorial somewhere to hex chr0s so that they aren't blank names?
Really interesting.

Top Bottom